“Absolutely Loved This Hotel!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Hotel Expansion
Ranked #3 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Dallas, Texas
“Absolutely Loved This Hotel!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I enjoyed every minute of my stay at this hotel.

The atmosphere was quaint and welcoming.
I believe they only have 30 rooms.
This hotel used to be a private school for girls back in the 40's.
I loved the history and all the local vegetation to decorate the entrance.

All the staff was nice, helpful and friendly.
They helped us find a wonderful place to eat for dinner.
And we enjoyed happy hour at the hotel restaurant.
The drinks were great and our waitress was so sweet!!!

The rate was fantastic.
Mentioning TripAdvisor got us a 20% off our room since it was our first stay.
We called last min and they booked us and got us in a room quick and easy.

The room was clean, well decorated, and comfortable.
The Spanish tile in the bathroom tub was beautiful,
And the view looking over the courtyard at night was stunning.
This was not your typical hotel it is a very unique little place stay.

I wish we had stayed longer,
And when I visit I will defiantly be calling and booking here again!

Room Tip: Mentioning TripAdvisor gets you 20% off your room if it is your first stay.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear AA,
Thank you for visitng us from the Lone Star State, I appreciate the wonderfully delightful review you posted regarding your experience. Great to say you learned about our unique history, I hope you were able to see all the old pictures, books etc from that time period.
As mentioned we are running a special on Trip Advisor this summer where using the code on our page can get guests a 25% discount.
I am glad that our staff steered you in the right direction for dining off property but also appreciative that you took the time to go enjoy our restaurant for happy hour, half of appetizers and drinks is a great way to spend the summer afternoon here.
I see from your pictures and description you had an upstairs room in our Courtyard. These are some of my favorite rooms for waht you mention the panoramic views up there are remarkable. Also the upstairs has that advantage of the "landing" where you can sit outside and soak it all in. All of those rooms are unique and have different Spanish tiling in each bathroom.
Please do call us on your next swing through town, hopefully you can stay longer next time to enjoy more of what we have to offer. Regards

354 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a modern 200+ room motel, this is not it. But, if you want a great experience with personal service, this is the place. A very nice southwest decor, with a historical perspective.

By the way, the 10 ft deep pool open 24 hours, was a great amenity.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear MI,
Thank you for coming to visit us recently. Also thank you for providing a short and sweet review of your time spent with us. I appreciate you mentioning our unique pool, we really like to sell the fact that we are one of the only hotels in town to have the pool open 24 hours. It is great to take a night swim when its still 90 degrees out under the beautiful Tucson sky.
We are definately not your standard large corporate type hotel however as you mention we still strive to provide the most personal, timely service to guests. We have the advantage of our Front Desk being able to help with check in, concierge services, any needs without having to send guests to 5 different people for help.
We would definately love to have you stay again, please contact me if I can assist with any future plans. Regards
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This wonderful hotel brings you back to the genteel days of what hospitality use to represent..superb service, very good food and the lack of corporate interference an motivation for just making a dollar...

Sprawling grounds, Spanish colonial architecture and just a southwestern vibe that is hard to find..that is what awaits you. We have been here before for the excellent food and views that take your breath away..now it's our favorite staycation get-a-way! Shhh!

Room Tip: Will do the spa next trip..stayed in the smaller rooms..quiet..charming..all the amenities...all the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear D, Thank you for making the journey to our half of the state to stay with us. I appreciate taking the time also to leave a review of your time here. I really enjoyed your first paragraph, we do run independent of any chain/corporate "interference" which allows us much more flexibility and empowerment in assisting guests, making changes on the fly and handling issues in a much quicker time frame. Dont get us wrong making a dollar is why we are here but as you say there are ways to do this while also catering to guests in flexible ways, without you and the rest of the travel community we would not exist otherwise.
Please contact me anytime if I can assist with your next stay with us, we do have a few packages that include spa services and I am happy to arrange these treatments as well as the hotel side. Regards
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The staff was very friendly and professional. The rooms were very pleasant and clean, and the decor and ambiance of the entire hotel is incredible. I couldn't recommend this hotel more given the price. The only draw-back is that the location is pretty far back in the town for those of us just traveling through Tucson.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Katy, Thank you for heading west from Gator Country to come stay with us recently. Thank you also for sharing some of your experience in this forum. I am thrilled you found our Summer rates worth the value, if you can deal with the heat the Summer is a great time to stay, a little quieter and again significantly lowered prices. My apologies our location didnt quite work as well for your needs, I hope what we offered on property helped minimize the impact. While we are a little drive from some popular attractions, you cannot be this area for dining, shopping and other cultural activities. Safe travels back to Florida and hope to see you next Summer. Regards
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Well first off I'd like to reiterate that this review is, as always, based on my experience of the room and services I was provided!!!

The hotel itself is totally stunning, old and has lots of character... And it is in the hills with a great setting and it is in a great location for downtown tucson!! The staff were also very friendly and very helpful.

Now for the bits I would say weren't very convenient... The hotel obviously has a great reputation amongst the locals, and has great dining facility's and a spa, however due to that I found myself parked a fair distance away from the lobby and my room, and because we were travelling we had a lot of bags which we had to drag everywhere!! I think there might have been room allocated parking, but someone had parked in it and the car park was jammed packed!! Now to the room, we waited for an upstairs room to be cleaned so we could enjoy a view over the mountains that are behind the hotel, and I was extremely disappointed to find that the room that we were allocated didn't have much of a view due to there being a bush in the way... Somebody has already mentioned about the air con unit which was also a bit of a problem in my room!!

I don't think this hotel deserves a bad review, and had we maybe been allocated a room either side of the one we had, the view might if been what I expected!!! I might feel a little disappointed because this holiday is a once in a life time trip for me and we have spent a fair bit of money trying to book amazing hotels with lovely views, and I never really got to see that from this hotel!!!

Having said all that the hotel is stunning, and well worth staying at!!

• Stayed June 2013
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear Ben, Thank you for coming across the pond to come with us at the Hacienda. I appreciate the time taken to share your experience and give feedback. Despite the issues I will address, I am pleased to hear that you found our service and grounds met your expectations, I hope we provided a good base for your sightseeing and leisure activities here in Tucson.
I would like to apologize that the view from your room was not what was expected. The upstairs courtyard rooms in general do have the best views in the hotel due to the elevation and no other buildings anywhere near. Sometimes we enjoy the scenery and landscapes so much we dont notice things like you mention trees blocking views and such. I will say that your review has prompted Ownership action to trim and shape tress/plants around the whole property where they may affect the views and general appeal for guests. I myself had our Landscapers trim a tree in one of our Suites which was becoming overgrown on the patio. I may have not noticed except having read your review that same day.
I am not going to lie parking at many hotels is a tricky situation. There is no excuse for not having assistance with luggage, I do want to say that if we are notified we have many staff that is ready to help at anytime. We recently purchased a new bell cart to better serve guests needs like this. In Tucson I know of many hotels where self parking is literally a 5-10 min walk to the lobby and rooms, this does not mitigate your experience here. Also we feel that due to the concerns of many guests like yourself we do not charge for parking whether valet or self.
I do appreciate you tempering your review and score based more on the positives and as mentioned we take the good with the bad and learn from it, without feedback from you and fellow guests we cannot grow and change things to better serve everyone.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip and safe travels back to the UK. Cheers
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My lady friend and I stayed at the Hacienda last night June 25th 2013 and it was a great stay. We used a Groupon that got us a room and $60 dining credit for about $126.00. It was a great deal.

When I called the hotel and spoke to "John" I was told there were no rooms available at the rate I put in for on the Groupon. But he offered us a free upgrade to a suite room. It was awesome.

We ate at the Restaurant that night and got the $29 per person deal that including an appetizer, main course, and dessert. Perfect since we had a $60 dinning credit. The food was very good. She had the Salmon which was very flaky, moist, and crunchy at the same time. I had the filet Mignon which was cooked perfectly and on a bed of green beans and mashed potatoes with strategically placed potato chips for decoration. The dessert was excellent, a strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler and she had a chocolate cake variation. Too much food for us so we took the Desserts back to our room.

All in all a great experience! If you come in the Summer you will need lots of water. They have plenty of bottled water available. Our room did not have a Refrigerator so bring a cooler and get lots of ice. Also this is not your typical hotel so there are not a lot of electrical outlets in the rooms. Our room being a suite had plenty, but I noticed in general not as many as you would normally be used to. The Wireless internet works great, we had no problems with that.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is one of the best in Tucson and does an outstanding brunch. The pool and spa are open 24 hrs.

Room Tip: We got room 37 which is a very good room with lots of space, a great view, and a nice bed. The parki...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Kev, Thank you for taking advantage of our first Groupon offering and coming to stay with us this past week. John is our Front Office Manager, I am glad he was able to make an exception for you on the room so you could stay on your desired date.
My apologies that the fridge location was not readily evident, we do have fridges in all of our guest rooms which we stock bottles of water in, I do hope as mentioned that we were able to accomodate you with our water station and gift shop supply. Thank you for mentioning the electrical outlet issues, as an older facility it is hard to add any new eletric however we are working on some solutions such as mutli outlet lamps and other fixes. In the days of ipods and iphones, laptops etc we undertand the need for sufficient outlets.
We appreciate you also staying and dining with us in the Grill, fantastic to hear our early week $ 29 3 Course dinner did not disappoint, it has been quite a popular special so far this summer. Your descriptions are making me hungry, I wish it was Sund-Tuesday right now.
I hope you will return to stay with us anytime, we may do another Groupon next Summer but also our Summer rates are quite reasonable alone. Regards
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I recently held a retreat here and thoroughly enjoyed working with the staff. The setting - gorgeous. The food - nicely displayed and tasty. The casita grande - perfect for our needs. It was a pleasure staying and spending time on the property and fit our needs well.

Room Tip: The beds were a bit too firm for my liking.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Karen,

Thank you for bringing your group to the Hacienda recently, we appreciate the consideration and great to hear our location and amenities fit your groups needs.
My apologies our beds did not provide the comfort and sleep quality you enjoy. In the future I can see hotels moving towards sleep number beds to better accomodate the varying levels of firm and soft guests prefer.
It was certainly our pleasure hosting you and your guests, I hope everyone found the property and overall experience to have met the purpose of relaxing, reneweing and refocusing while here. I do hope we can host your retreat again next year. Regards

Been to Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!