“Outstanding staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Grantham, New Hampshire
“Outstanding staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights over Christmas. We had a lovely room with beautiful views. The breakfasts were outstanding, as was the Christmas buffet. The staff members were all polite, professional, knowledgeable, and bent over backwards to help make our stay special. The hot tub was a treat on a cool day, and the grounds were just incredible. I thought the room rate was an excellent value. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for spending your Holidays with us here at the Hacienda. Thank you also for sharing your feelings on the experience and for such a lovely picture showing the courtyard view you had enjoyed. Many thanks for acknowledging the hard work and dedication of our staff, it is our pleasure to bend over backwards for you and all guests to make stays special. Glad you enjoyed the hot tub, it is a highlight with its secluded location, fantastic views and we even keep it open 24 hrs a day. Before your next visit contact me anytime if I can assist with rates and reservations. Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Bellevue, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

My wife and I go here twice a year when visiting Tucson. Beautiful surroundings, gracious staff and excellent food. Live music there adds to the fun ambiance. The team there is always friendly and attentive. A must see if inTucson and you want an excellent dining experience!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for coming to dine with us over the Holiday Season and for sharing some thoughts on your experience. I will pass on your review to our restaurant management. If you havent already I would encourage you to post a review to the Grill and Terraza trip advisor pages so their staff can see your wonderful thoughts and get a little ranking credit. If I can assist at all in making your future reservations you can also contact me anytime. Regards
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The room was very comfortable with beautiful views of the Catalina Mountains and the sunsets over the Tucson Mountains. The staff was friendly, solicitous and helpful. The buildings appear to be decades old, which adds a character to the place that distinguishes it from its neighbors, while being very well maintained. The suburbs have grown up around the resort, which makes the location convenient while quiet at the same time. We would definitely choose the Hacienda again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for coming to stay with us from the East Coast, I hope you enjoyed some good weather while here. Thank you taking the time to give us feedback on your experience. Our main building was built in 1929 while the other buildings have been added over the years giving the hotel both a rustic and modern feel while trying to maintain as much of the history and architecture we can. I appreciate the mention of our staff providing good service, our goal is always Spirited Southwest Hospitality. You are very correct in that we are lucky to have the luxury of being tucked away in a quiet, secluded location and yet having great dining, attractions and necessities mere minutes away. Safe travels home and Happy New Years. Look forward to hopefully seeing you in the future.
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

As an attorney I give modest weight to rave reviews however,Hacienda Del Sol more than met our quest the for a romantic get away. we celebrated our 21st wedding anniversary there. The staff is superb, our suite was charming and the food was special both at the outdoor grill as well as the indoor "Grill".HDC is a great value. It is a "can't miss" for Romance.

Room Tip: Defintely get a suite if it is your first visit. Ask for a room on the side away from the outdoor gr...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Happy belated Anniversary. Thank you for spending your special occasion with us. I appreciate you taking a moment to write about your experience here and pardon my delay in responding. Excellent to hear we more than met your high expectations in terms of accomodations and dining. Also, We take our # 1 romantic hotel ranking on here to heart and hearing reviews like yours make it all worth it. Please contact me to assist in any planning for your 22nd, we would love to have you back this coming year. Happy New Year
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

We originally reserved a "best rate" non- refundable room for 3 nights. The day before we left, my husband was having severe pain in his back & wasn't feeling up to the travel. I called to see if there was something they could do for us like either cancel or postpone the reservation. After a bit of back and forth, the gentleman that answered the phone stated that if we could fax a doctor's note by the next morning, he would LOOK INTO canceling our reservation. We didn't up end up getting a note and decided to go on our trip. We arrived at the resort to find our room cancelled. We were not even notified they did this. Luckily, the room was still available & they gave us the same rate. It was nice they still honored the price but it would have been great had they notified us of the cancellation.

Room was small but clean and quiet. Not sure why a Cisco phone is needed in the rooms but they are there. Hot tub and pool are somewhat segregated from resort & we had to walk through reception to get to it. Nice views though of the mountains from there. Staff was friendly.

All in all not a bad place to stay. I'm just not sure I would call it luxury or if it's worth the price that is typically charged for a room.

• Stayed December 2012
JMoritz, Guest Relations Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your visit and for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the confusion. I should have been more clear about the fact that given your husbands severe back pain, your non-refundable room reservation would have been refunded. Given the description you gave me regarding his inability to travel, along with the promise of a doctors note to be faxed, I honestly thought that you were cancelling your visit. I am happy that you were able to make the trip to Tucson and that we had availability to accommodate you. Hopefully, the relaxing atmosphere and historic charm of the hacienda was just the thing to make him feel better! We are proud of our tradition of spirited southwestern hospitality and I should have done a better job of communicating that to you. As a side note, the Cisco phones allow the hotel to provide complimentary local and long distance calls for our guests. I am sorry that you had to walk through the lobby to get to the pool, I hope the views and privacy were worth it! Please contact me directly if you will be returning to the Tucson area in the future so that I can personally handle the details of your reservation.
Malvern, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Very unique historic lodging with high marks for character! I stayed in one of the "Historic" rooms overlooking the beautiful courtyard. Booking early, I was able to secure a rate of $101. The room is very basic yet charming. Entry into the room is directly from the exterior with an actual key (no card keys at this historic hotel). There are blinds on the door. Hardwood floor; no rug. TV is inside a beautiful armoire. Queen size bed; comfortable mattress. Bathroom is small, yet functional. Nice tile work around tub/shower. Heated towel rack is a nice feature. Shower water temperature was nice and warm; good pressure. Being an old building, there are some "nicks and imperfections". But don't let this bother you. The room is well cleaned and nicely taken care of. Apparently each room is unique and there are different sized and decorated rooms to suit any taste and budget. Other rooms are more modern. The grounds of the property are truly well landscaped with desert vegetation, flowers, fountains, and character! Front desk personnel are very nice and helpful. Restaurant is connected to part of the main building. A definite Tucson desination which I hope to return to.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for deciding to come stay with us this winter, I hope you enjoyed unseasonably warm weather this early December. I am a big fan of the old style "real" keys myself, they always work and we love to decorate them each year to add some of the character you speak of. All of our room types are unique and within the Historic type you stayed each room has its own character with varying furnishings, color schemes and bathroom tiling. The armoire you mention is original to the 1940's and matches the headboards and desks in those rooms. I appreciate that these rooms may not suit all guests but great to hear you enjoyed the charming and comfortable qualities these endear. Thank you for mentioning the quality of our landscaping, the owner and our two gentleman crew work hard at maintaining and accentuating the natural gifts we were given. I hope to see you in the future and maybe next time you can try one of our other unique room options. Regards
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

The Hacienda is a must go place for dining. The atmosphere is great, the whole resort setting is a site to see in itself from lush gardens, the pool area, restaurant, outside grill, inner courtyard and resort rooms themselves. A romantic wedding location as well we would say. Staff is among the best in Tucson as are the meals.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
BrianBattaglia, Front Office Manager at Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for joining us for dining and taking some time to soak in our grounds. We appreciate taking the time to also craft a review of your experience. We are blessed with so much natural beauty and scenery but without a dedicated staff it is only half an experience, thank you for mentioning the high quality you recieved which we all strive for. Your preception of being a romantic destination is quite astute, we are the # 1 ranked romantic hotel on Trip Advisor. This creates lofty expectations which I am glad to hear from your review we have met. Hopefully in the future you can come experience the hotel side of Hacienda. Safe travels back to the Inland Empire. Regards

Been to Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Resort? Share your experiences!