“The Worse Hotel Experience of my Life” 1 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7051 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85706 (Formerly Radisson Suites Hotel Tucson Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Breakfast + Movie
Ranked #41 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Scottsdale, United States
“The Worse Hotel Experience of my Life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I booked the 3-room executive suite. It was was not available due to construction, it had not been available for months. I have a need for a steam room due to a lung infection, when I called they said they had one. When I checked in I found out it was not working and had been broken for months. The tried to put my family of 6 into a room with a bed and a sofa. They ended up giving me 2 rooms the size of the 1 room I booked and charged me extra. We finally got to our room and found the internet connection to be awful. Woke up the next morning to find the steam room was broken, the pool was locked, the fitness room was closed due to flooding. We could not take it anymore and checked out that morning and went to another hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ilse O, Public Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
I would like to thank you for the opportunity to make things right for you. I would like to apologize once again about the concerns you experienced during your previous stay. Look forward to welcoming you back. Thank you again. Have a great day and Happy Holidays!

211 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

The room was cold, the bed mattress was lumpy and old and all the doors were in the wrong place. The bathroom door blocked the sink area and the door to the bedroom blocked the night stand. Just a really poor room configuration. On the good side, the restaurant had one of the best crab cake dinners I have ever eaten. I would go back to the restaurant for the crab cakes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your valuable feedback. On behalf of the entire Doubletree by Hilton Tucson Airport I would like to apologize regarding the concerns you experienced with room temperature, bathroom door and bed mattress. Please know I have escalated the note to our Chief Engineer. Guest comfort and expectation is our focus at the Doubletree by Hilton and I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to further discuss you concerns. Please feel free to contact me at my direct number below at your convenience I will be pleased to speak with you. Thank you once again for your feedback; hope to talk to you soon. Have a great day and Happy Holidays!
Palo Alto, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

Perfectly southwestern building with a modern interior. huge great bed. couch. dining table. desk. tv. separate living vs. sleeping quarters. Room service in the AM came early, which was my only complaint.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us. We are delighted to hear you found your two room suite comfortable and of great quality. Thank you for your feedback on our housekeeping service we will escalate your note to our Housekeeping Manager. Thank you once again. Have a great day and Happy Holidays!
BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

In Oct we stayed for 1 week and we loved this hotel. You could literally walk to it from the airport but the planes never bothered us at all. The cookie at check in was the best cookie we have ever had. Staff were very accommodating and friendly. The free shuttle is convenient. I laid around the pool the whole week while my husband was in a course. It was great. The food was good and the buffet EXCELLENT. Clean rooms, bathroom a little tight but lots of room everywhere else so really no issue.

Room Tip: All looked good in the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us recently. We are thrilled with the compliments you shared regarding our professional and pleasant staff, our delicious breakfast buffet and our beautiful spa area. We are conveniently the closest hotel to the Tucson Intl Airport and free of airplanes noise. Thank you once again. Have a great day and Happy Holidays!
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Although it's a Hilton property, I didn't expect much of our brief stay before catching a plane first thing in the morning. I'd hoped for some quiet, a clean room, and a warm shower. I was very pleasantly surprised at nearly every turn. The property is very well-maintained, the pool and hot tub were terrific, the lobby well-appointed (and even the business area to print my boarding pass was neat and well-lit). The adjoining restaurant was pleasant with a good menu, check-in and check-out was a snap, and the room was terrific! Although I like local flavor when I travel, I'd be tempted back here when next in the Tucson area.

Room Tip: Be sure to reference your Hilton Honors membership when booking. Ask for something on the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you found our grounds well maintained. Thank you for adding to our compliments to on airport location. We are also pleased to know your check in and checkout experience was efficient. We appreciate the compliments on our Finnegan's Restaurant. Thank you one more time. Have a great day and Happy Holidays!
Huntsville, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The hotel is well situated for air travelers.....minutes from the airport, but not too noisy. Room was comfortable and well cared for. Staff was helpful and made the visit pleasant. But.....the channels available on the television sucked. Bathroom was small but functional. Bed was comfortable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ilse O, Guest Relations Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing Doubletree Suites by Hilton for your home away from home. We are delighted to hear you found our staff pleasant and of assistance. Please know we take pride in offering outstanding service. Unfortunately the bathroom is a little tight. Please know we have executive suites that have much larger bathrooms. Thank you one more time for staying with us, hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area!
Jasper, IN, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Do not stay here if you like cell phone signal. Only one bar, if you stand next to the hotel room door. Go outside if you wish to talk or check e-mail via AT&T. Amazing, since it's within 1/2 mile of the Tucson Airport. Couldn't get the thermostat to work right, so I spent 3 days at 65F. Momentary power outage first day of my stay, loss of hot water the morning of my second day.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for staying with us recently. On behalf of the entire Doubletree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport I would like to apologize regarding your concerns with the AT&T signal. Unfortunately AT&T does not have good coverage in the area. I would also like to apologize regarding the concerns with the thermostat in your suite. We are continuously striving to provide an overall pleasant experience to our guests; guest’s comments are extremely valuable, we appreciate your feedback. My sincere apologies one more time, please visit again soon.

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!