“Tucson Airport Doubletree” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport

You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7051 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85706 (Formerly Radisson Suites Hotel Tucson Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Double HHonors Point
Ranked #56 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
iowa City, Iowa, United States
“Tucson Airport Doubletree”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Basically we had a good stay in the hotel. My brother has a breathing assist machine and he slept on the foldout bed. In that room (232), all the electrical outlets were governed by a single switch, including all the lights. So to turn off the lights meant that he couldn't run the machine. The fix we came up with was to turn the bed around and use the TV outlet, which was not on the switch.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Ilse O, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review about your recent stay with us. I would like to apologize about the light switch and electrical outlet in your suite. Thank you one more time, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
Live Oak, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel offered an exceptional breakfast for guests that was included with the reservation. The staff was very friendly and helpfup and the accomodations were very nice. I will definately stay at a Double Tree in the future.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to share about you recent stay. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We are also happy to hear our team member were of service and pleasant. Thank you one more time, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
demaileron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel, great staff! Very clean and comfy! Wonderful pool and hot tub. One can walk from property along sidewalk to Tucson Airport (plenty of guests do). As far as the breakfast, fresh and plenty! TV has MSNBC. Cell service may not be 100% in all areas but that makes for better sleep.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are delighted with the positive feedback and happy to hear the team members were pleasant. Thank you one more time, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Bastrop, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

In any stay lasting nineteen days, there are going to be a very issues that come up. I had to change rooms once due to maintenance issues with the key reader lock and my laundry came back late one of the three times I used the service, but each time the staff went above and beyond in their handling of these incidents and the positive far, far outweighed these minor inconveniences.

So, about the positive. This was one of my longest consecutive hotel stays ever, but the room went a very long way in mitigating my time away from home. It was expansive with a small kitchenette and I always felt very relaxed and comfortable with so much room to spread out in. The bed was a dual sleep number so very easy to set to my liking and simple things like the blinds on the front door and window were nice for privacy when needed, but enjoying the view when not.

Speaking the the view...this hotel has an open air interior with beautiful pine trees and nice fixtures, but if you need peace and quiet, I suggest you ask for a room on the backside of the hotel away from the pool. It was amazing to me how much the noise from this area just died as you rounded the corner to the back of the hotel. I felt lucky to have ended up in one of those rooms.

My spouse and small dog were able to join me for part of my stay. The hotel is pet friendly, but be prepared for the non-refundable $75 deposit. If you have a puppy like mine that has an aversion to relieving herself in anything, but grass, Tucson can be a wasteland, but luckily there were small patches of grass by the swimming pool we were able to use.

The staff took the time to get to know me and were always friendly. The rooms were well cleaned and smelled exceptionally fresh. The restaurant, Finnigans, has great food and it is available for room service as well.

Overall, I enjoyed my visit and would definitely stay here again if I head back to Tucson.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I'am delighted with all the nice comments about the team members and property grounds. However, i would like to apologize about the key issue you experienced. I am happy to hear we exceeded the accommodations for your puppy. Thank you one more time, we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Pros: Great courtyard area with clean and heated pool and hot tub. Clean and functioning fitness room. Hearty and generous buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Great location at the airport for late arrivals/early departures. Shuttle service to the airport. Comfortable beds. Didn't charge extra for two adults.

Cons: Dated property. Carpet was stained. Tiny bathrooms. 4-5 miles from downtown and not really close to anything but the airport. No on demand movies.

Stayed at this hotel for three nights, and admittedly, I thought I might check out after the first night and get a different hotel based on my first impressions. Big stains on the carpet in the entryway of the room, very small bathroom (sink and mirror were in the bedroom, not the bathroom) and everything seemed dated. Water was off in the hotel when we arrived as they were doing plumbing repairs. However, the hotel did not charge me extra for an additional adult, whereas all of the other Hilton brand hotels in the area would have, so I opted to stick it out. On the bright side, I found the hot tub very relaxing after a long day and even took a swim in the heated pool. They were clean and comfortable. The best part, though, was the HHonors included breakfast buffet at the hotel restuarant. Cooked to order eggs/omlets, pancakes, bacon, sausage, red ranch potatoes, breads, fresh fruit platters and so on.

I thought things worked out at this hotel for me and my guest, but if I were to travel to Tucson again solo, I would probably look at other hotels first. I worked downtown most of the time, and there is no direct freeway from the hotel/airport to the downtown area, so it feels like you are out in the middle of nowhere with many traffic lights to deal with. Having said that, I would consider this property if I were traveling with kids and family -- mostly because the kids would only be interested in the pool and food and not so much the room and location.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
janki p, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important for us. I would like to apologize about the carpet I will pass the note to our Enginnering department to ensure this does not occur again. Unfortunately we are not very close to downtown which I understand it is a disadvantage. Meantime I would like to let you know that we do have executive suites that have larger bathrooms, with the sink in the actual bathroom. Thank you one more time for your feeback, hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area.
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Air conditioning did not work-called the help desk to inform of the problem, was told that “ it is climate controlled” VERY HOT
Bed very soft & uncomfortable, when the other person changed position the whole bed shakes.
Pillows are very soft, they flatten right away and feels like you are not even using a pillow since it is so flat your head is already on the bed itself.
Was told that the room was set for 6 people, but when we got there, the room was only set for 2 people, towels, complimentary coffee-cups –we had to go down to get towels.
No remote control in the room. Reported the blood stain to the receptionist(LIZETTE) when we checked out and showed her the pictures I took and she stated she will report to housekeeping and that she will have the supervisor call me back as soon as they arrived that day. No call back received that whole day, so I called back the next day and spoke with the receptionist and was told that the executives checked out the sheets and did not find the blood stains (this is not an old black stain) it's like the sheets were not actually changed) , so i Wrote to Guest Relations to send me back the survey to complete it..The blood stains are not very big but are BIG enough to see that the sheets are not clean.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback is very important to us. I definitely recall the conversation we had back in November, I would like to apologize one more time for the incidents that occured during your stay, I understand that it was less than perfect. Since your stay we have made several changes including changes in Management. The incident that occured with your suite is something definitely unacceptable and I can asure you that this has not happened again and won't. Thank you again for your time, hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area.
austin tx
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

What a complete surprise when I got to the room! A bedroom plus another separate living room, both with big flat screen TVs. The bed was very comfortable. I had no issue with jet noise. The pool and hot tub were both perfect, as was the surrounding courtyard. The staff were most accomodating and unpretentious. Made to order breakfast in the morning was great. It was a completely pleasant stay. The bathrooms are quite tiny, though, and it did take two trys to get my room key correct, as noted by a previous reviewer.

Room Tip: Ask to have the breakfast included with your rate. My third floor room overlooked the pool, there wa...