“unexpected delight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7051 South Tucson Boulevard, Tucson, AZ 85706 (Formerly Radisson Suites Hotel Tucson Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Breakfast + Movie
Ranked #39 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Hershey, Pennsylvania
“unexpected delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Six members of my family stayed here for one night prior to beginning a ranch vacation in Tucson. From the time we entered the lobby until we left on Sunday morning, we were pleased with the accomodations and personnel. There were three in each of our suites, and the children who slept on the pull-out couches said they were very comfortable.
The rooms were clean and spacious. If you want easy access to the airport, you can't get any closer than this - and we weren't disturbed with flight noise.
Some of our party used the heated pool and hot tub as well. Although there is a work-out room, it was undergoing some repair work, so we couldn't use it.
One of the nicest surprises came with the restaurant - Finnegan's, which is part of the hotel. We had a lovely dinner there (including coupons for free drinks!). They served a wide variety of food, from nachos and fajitas to stuffed chicken breast and grilled sea bass. Our waitress, Randy was SUPER! We stayed in the lounge area after dinner to have another drink and watch a football game. The entire experience was a delight.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
janki p, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. Your comments are very important to us, we are very happy to hear that your stay was perfect. Randy who is now our Restaurant Assistant Manager was also very happy happy with your compliment, thank you. I would like to thank you one more time for choosing DoubleTree by Hilton Tucson Airport. Hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area. Have a great weekend!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lenexa, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Our front desk gentleman named Joel who checked us in on New Years Eve was excellent. It was a wonderful hotel. The courtyard was beautiful and the pool looked fun. The room was spacious and it was the perfect place to have our New Years Party. It had a microwave and refrigerator which were handy. The bath soaps were nice. Overall a great hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms are very spacious and include a pullout couch. Includes a microwave and a refrigerator.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
janki p, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on trip advisor. Joel was very happy with your nice compliment. We are proud to offer an all suite property and spacious rooms. Guest feedback is very important for us, thank you one more time. Hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area.

Have a great weekend!
Benson, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree to participate in their Dine and Dance deal they had for $200 per couple on New Years Eve. Overall, not a bad experience but I would personally only go back to stay at the hotel, not for this deal. The hotel and hotel staff were great and our room was decent. The dinner included in this package was a 4 course meal in which you chose from several options in each course. We went with one other couple and out of the 4 of us, not one person had all of their meal options served correctly. 3 out of 4 of my meals were incorrect and had to be sent back to the kitchen. We asked our server (who was great) to speak to the on duty manager and after asking sever staff members to track her down and waiting over 25 minutes, we eventually left and spoke with the hotel manager. The hotel manager was extremely helpful and although we didn't expect it the next morning the staff informed us they would be removing dinner from our bill without us having to rehash the situation at all. This was great customer service in my eyes which is why I would stay there again.

The actually party was nothing to write home about. Being in the mid 20's age range we were all hoping for a younger crowed, this party was definitely geared towards older adults (50's-60's range). The party was held in 2 separate areas, one for 40's-50's music and the other top 40's. The DJ responsible for playing "top 40's" was doing anything but- the majority of the songs were from the 80's and 90's and not good dancing music. The champagne served at midnight was also served in a plastic cup and was cheap, not that I expected anything super fancy but something worth mentioning.

The breakfast was also not much more than a continental breakfast- typical "hot" breakfast items and cold cereal/fruit. The food, although served at the Cactus Rose Restaurant, was not what I would call restaurant quality.

Overall I gave this experience a 3 only because I actually was impressed with the value and the hotel itself- if my rating was based on the package alone, I would have given it a 1. The advertising of this NYE Bash is a little misleading and probably best suited for an older crowed, I thought this might be helpful for couples considering this deal in the future.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bismarck, North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Great property. The hotel and staff were great. Rooms were quite and the bed was comfortable. The elevator should be renovated. Large parking lot. Nice size pool. Very close to the airport. Easy to find and not far from the interstate.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. We are proud to offer a property that is an all suite. The elevators are in the process of renovation as we speak. I would also like to thank you one your nice compliment on our staff. Guest feedback is very important for us, thank you one more time. Hope to see you again when travel brings you to the area.

San Tan Valley, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is convenient for the airport, and good value for money. It is an older hotel which has been modernized over the years with success . The restaurant was closes, and food served in the bar. Despite the shortcomings, when considering value for money, this is a good place to stay for 1 night.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Petersburg, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We (my wife and I) stay in a hotel almost every week and at dufferent locations. We have some favorites so I decided to try the Doubletree at the Tucson Airport. My comment to my wife was, "well if we do not like it we'll only be there one night". To our pleasant surprise, this was the best! We could not get over how friendly the entire staff was, so helpful doing everything they could to help us.

The appearance of the ground---I think I could have sat all day the area outside our suite--WOW!

If you are in Tucson--Stay at the Doubletree!

Room Tip: The only tip I have is--Stay Here!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

As a airline crewmember, I spend much of the week in hotels. Unfortunately, my stay at the Doubletree was one of the most sleepness nights I have had in years. Our problems began when we arrived at the hotel. We proceeded to our rooms only to find that they were already occupied by other guests (who were not happy with our opening their doors to say the least). So back to the front desk where the attendants told us we would have to wait for the hotel van to return because they had the airline reservation book. We offered the suggestion "could we just get keys to another room?" after a moment of bewilderment, the attendants agreed. Two of us made it to the new rooms successfully, however one of had to return again because the second room was dirty. The real problem was the air conditioning. We I got into my room the temp said 74. I turned the thermostat down to 64. After trying several settings, I was still able to get any cool air whatsoever. Fast forward to about midnight. A group was having some sort of party outside my window by the restaurant entrance. They were very loud, and this continued past 2 a.m. I realize this is not the hotels fault, but I'm sure there were other guests that were not able to enjoy their night because of the noise. 6 a.m. in the morning thermostat now reads 77. I told the front desk that the a.c. was not working and the response was simply "o.k." (Not "I'm sorry" or "we will look into it"). When questioning the van driver about the problem he informed us that the system is so old that is does not work well and many times they just turn the air off.
On a positive note the breakfast staff was very friendly and the food was great. This hotel does have nice rooms and a nice pool setting. If the other issues could be addressed, then this would be a nice place to stay.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!