“Worst ploace to stay in” 1 of 5 stars

Econo Lodge
Save Saved
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3020 S 6th Avenue, S. 6th Ave. & I-10, ex. 261, Tucson, AZ 85713   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #116 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Worst ploace to stay in”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I booked this place over the phone and requested a king bed non smoking for 2 nights for the price of 109.98 including tax. My wife went to check in, and she was given the option for king or 2 double beds for the same price, and she choose 2 double beds because we have 2 kids. I reviewed the bill later and found that my wife was charged 126 dollars. When I spoke with the manager he said "your wife chose a more expensive room" and " she already signed using credit card so there is nothing I can do for you". He was very unprofessional and clearly lacks experience. Other than being robbed, place was very bad, with A/C too small to cool the room, bathroom that is 5X5 feet

Room Tip: Worst hotel experience in my life
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

The room was ready for us when we arrived. The room was clean and well stocked on toiletries and other amenities. We enjoyed free wifi and a simple complimentary continental breakfast. I recommend it for the budget-minded traveler.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Needed to stop during long trip, this looked convenient. Booked two rooms. Got in around 11 p.m. and no staff at counter for nearly 10 minutes. No security on doors, hallways dimly lit and carpet nasty. Too tired to worry about the little things, but in the light of day it was obvious this place is a dump above all dumps. Forgot a cell charger in the wall and a makeup bag. Called back several times over the next week and kept getting same answer that the maid was not in and nothing had been turned in, big surprise. I would echo what other reviewers have said about this place.

Room Tip: Stay clear of rear of building.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Fort Morgan, Colorado, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Got there broken toilet. Bed was dirty we stayed there over night and check out the next day they refunded me my money a couple days later and i looked at my bank statement and they charged me the full amount of my 4 day stay. I tried to tell them i need my money back they told me to talk to my bank and hung up. Very Rude! Never staying here again

Room Tip: Do Not Stay Here
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Noisy Rooms, Crap Breakfast, Really Rude Woman At Reception!
Forget about this place and go just 1 block down Stone to the Flamingo Quality Inn for the same price but with much better service, food, rooms, pool & a hot tub as well as being much quieter.

Room Tip: Very Noisy Downstairs.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Las Cruces, NM
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Watch out! The owner is never there (lives in India). So the place is run by his rude and lying children. No breakfast. Sheets with holes, very dirty, seems as a hotel that rents per hour. Threatening characters on the street. No security at night. They refuse to change used bed sheets: "we run out". If you call the manager of the chain, suddenly there are plenty of bed sheets. Watch out. It is a nightmare from which you will never wake up. Please, drive around and spend a few more bucks. Here you get less than what you pay.

Room Tip: Drive away
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for our first stop on our drive from San Diego to Dallas. We got off the freeway and immediately decided we would not be staying here. This is not a good area...there was a pawn shop, liquor store, graffiti, and check cashing place all within view so we decided to drive another 5 minutes to a red roof inn. Well worth the extra money for piece of mind and safety!!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!