“If you value your safety DO NOT stay here!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3020 S 6th Avenue, S. 6th Ave. & I-10, ex. 261, Tucson, AZ 85713   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #110 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
“If you value your safety DO NOT stay here!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked this hotel for our first stop on our drive from San Diego to Dallas. We got off the freeway and immediately decided we would not be staying here. This is not a good area...there was a pawn shop, liquor store, graffiti, and check cashing place all within view so we decided to drive another 5 minutes to a red roof inn. Well worth the extra money for piece of mind and safety!!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We arrived in Tucson late at night and without the address of the hotel we intended to stay in so decided to give Econo Lodge a go since it was in the guide book. What a terrible decision! The only thing this place has going for it is the price but I would rather spend a few extra dollars and actually get some sleep... On the plus side the room was a good size ... and we came out alive!

Unfortunately we got very little sleep due to the noise from the highway outside, promiscuous neighbours, very loud music, slamming doors and lots and lots of shouting from the landings and surrounding rooms.

I would not recommend this place to anyone - seriously only stay here if you have absolutely no other alternative

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The room was ok and was clean. But did not like the neighborhood. I would not stay in this neighborhood without someone else. The breakfast in the morning was good. They charged us for a safe and we did not use it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Gold Canyon, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Just wanted a clean place to lay my head down for the night. Got what I paid for. people in the lobby at the free bagels, donuts, cheerios etc. and coffee breakfast, complained that they would have liked more. What is that. This is an Econo Lodge, NOT the Ritz Carleton!! Between you and me, if they wanted more, they would have paid more, they would have got more. They wanted more than they paid for!! The location is good, off the Speedway exit on the Interstate. It was recently tastefully updated. It was clean. Had a refrigerator and micro wave oven in room In room coffee would have been nice, but, like I said, if you want more, pay more. There was all the coffee you could drink in the lobby. The room was clean, didn't smell, everything worked, the morning shower was hot and a good shower, parking is a little tight, but I parked in front and no one parked next to me on wither side, so the car was not damaged. I was happy overall!

Room Tip: All the room seemed about equal. Have mostly non-smoking rooms, but a few doors did NOT have the no...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Newport Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

By any means this is not a 5 star hotel, but it is not anything like the other reviews say. There is a gas station in front of the hotel which is open and sells gas. It is very convenient also if you are driving a car. There is also a pawn shop in front of the hotel. I have stayed here a couple of times and there have not been any problems except once the people in the room next to me were from Mexico and made a lot of noise late at night. I called the front desk and then I heard the phone ring next door and soon they were more quiet, although they still made some noise. The rooms are ok, not sparkling clean but not dirty either. Prices are cheap and this hotel is right next to the freeway so it is convenient for travelers.

I didn't see any homeless people or drugies or prostitutes anywhere near this place. The area is not a ritzy area but it is not a gang infested area either. You get what you pay for and you get a reasonable room here with free internet and a pool. I didn't go to check out the breakfast so I can't comment on that. I don't care about the breakfast as I do not eat that kind of food.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Sahuarita, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Wish I had checked this site instead of hotels.com...the reviews there were good considering the price, and we were looking to save a little on this trip. DON'T DO THAT! This place is disgusting and I was told by a clerk at another hotel that this is where recently released convicts stay because it is cheap. The room was stifling hot and FILTHY. It is right next to a pawn shop in what I learned was the ghetto part of town. After about 2 hours, I couldnt take it any more. I had let my young son run around barefoot while we unpacked and after that short time his feet were BLACK. I cancelled the rest of our reservation, paid my penalty and took my happy behind to La Quinta. It was about $10 more a night and totally worth it. This place is a dump!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Flagstaff, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My son was going to U of A student orientation May 26. He drove down May 25th from Flagstaff and car broke down in Phoenix. We did not find out until 4:40 p.m. on May 25th that the car would not be ready until May 26th. He called U of A and they said he could not come in late for the orientation and would have to reschedule. I called Econo Lodge at 4:45 p.m. and they said it was past the 4 p.m. deadline to cancel. I explained the situation and they did not care at all, even though it was only 45 minutes and we had to cancel due to an emergency. They finally agreed to let me change the reservation to June 1. I called June 1 and they had no record of the change made or his reservation for June 1 and had charged me one night for May 25th even though they never said they would. I had to call Choice Hotels Customer Relations number who said each Econo Lodge has their own policies and I would have to dea with the hotel directly. Called hotel back and people there rude, unprofessional, awful and would not budge on anything. Terrible service! Do not give them any of your money and pay attention to all the other bad reviews of this awful place!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!