“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Los Angeles
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

When I walked into the hotel, the hotel was clean and neat, and the staff was very friendly and welcoming. It was refreshing! Parking is free, and ample. The rooms are nice, clean, quiet and comfortable. The breakfast was great, lots of choices, the staff was helpful. I travel almost full time and would certainly return to the hotel. I recommend that you try it!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and letting us know how your recent stay with us went. I am so glad to hear that we were able to make your stay a rewarding one! We hope to get the chance to serve you as our guest again soon! Have a great week!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
hermosillo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

water is not courtesy, in addition to the bed and breakfast package when we went to breakfast buffett was .. and it was ok ... just wanted to order an omelette and the waitress told us that if we could not ususally omelette and enjoy what the bufett.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time and giving us your honest review of your recent stay. I apologize for the inconvenience at breakfast during your stay. I can assure you we are looking into this matter and addressing it with our staff to make sure we are making every stay a rewarding experience. We are grateful for you choosing to stay with us while in Tucson and do hope you will give us another chance to make your next stay a perfect 10!
Orem, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I recently stayed at the Doubletree and I really, really enjoyed my stay, with one minor exception. First of all, they're going through a renovation so there's a little dust but none of it reflects in the cleanliness of the hotel or the friendliness of the staff. Everyone was so helpful and knowledgeable. This stay is recent enough that I actually remember the names of the staff I encountered and at the desk I was always greeted warmly by Jenae, Alexis and Ann-Margaret. I was staying with a coworker and we needed a lot of direction to get around and everyone was really patient with us, especially Sean the bellman. The only problem with my stay was a woman who appeared to be some sort of manager ( I think her name was Joanne? Maybe Jean?) who would come by and loudly berate some of the employees throughout the course of their duties. I observed her doing this in the restaurant and to the bell staff and I understand wanting your employees to comply with your direction timely, but it is off-putting to hear someone tyrannically threatening to fire people over your breakfast. Sometimes the problems are entirely management and the staff all took it in such great stride. I don't know if I would be good enough to do the same were I in their place.

Room Tip: We were in the smaller outdoor area that rings the pool and my coworker was a little skeptical about...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rebecca V, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
On behalf of Doubletree by Hilton as well as the entire staff of the Doubletree by Hilton -Reid Park, we want to thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit. We appreciate your honest and constructive critique of our hotel and services.

We at Doubletree by Hilton – Reid Park are dedicated to outstanding service and responsiveness to our guests and are delighted we were able to meet your standards and provide comfortable accommodations. We do have a great team here and I will make sure we extend your kudos to the all team members but especially the ones you named.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to serve you as our guest again soon!
Tucson, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Good hotel, staff was friendly, property is clean, not many restaurants within walking distance. I didn't eat in the restaurant or use any of the facilities. Room was a little warm, but it is September in AZ. I had to push the temp down to 69 to cool off the room. No courtesy water bottles at check in. Water in frig $4.00 a bottle.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know how your recent stay with us went. We value our guest input to help us improve. I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us but would like to apologize for our staff providing any water during your check in. We will address this with our staff to make sure any request during check-in like yours is met right away. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we do hope to see you again soon!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

This is an older hotel but it has been remodeled. My room was clean and updated with nice appointments. The staff was friendly and always greeted me when I passed through the lobby. The used my Entertainment book and got a pretty good discount. I will definitely stay here again anytime I visit Tucson.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for taking the time to fill out the survey regarding your stay with us. I sincerely appreciate you choosing to stay at the Doubletree by Hilton when traveling to Tucson. Your satisfaction is very important to us and I sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are so glad to see how much you enjoyed your stay! I hope that we will get the opportunity to have you as our guest again soon. Thank you again for the great review. Your time is very much appreciated. Have a wonderful day and safe travels!
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hotel is older but has been remodeled. Rooms were decent and clean. Walls are a little thin but the hotel was pretty quiet when I was there. Got a good rate through my Entertainment book. I would recommend this hotel.

Las Vegas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I stay here ever time I'm in Tucson. It's a great central location and not pricey. The staff is consistently friendly and attentive. The hotel is always clean and good amenities. This time I treated myself to a in-room breakfasts; they were really good and arrive quickly. The place is the right amount of casual and trendy. Love it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Rebecca V, Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this review, September 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park? Share your experiences!