“A night well spent” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
A TripAdvisor Member
“A night well spent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I enjoyed my stay with only one concern. The door sweep at the bottom was missing to keep out ??things??. Very clean. Good bed if you like soft... floor was great to sleep on. I was suprised at a Wi-Fi charge in today's electronic data world. Did not need it for an overnight stay but I probably would not stay multiple days at this facility.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Fountain Hills, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I had an impromptu stay in the Tucson area and couldn't decide which Hilton brand hotel to stay at. I pretty much used the "throw a dart at the board" method and landed at the Doubletree - Reid Park and was very happy that I stayed there. It's located in an ok neighborhood area but the hotel itself is beautiful with a definite "Arizona" vibe to the exterior/interior. I felt right at home at check-in with my warm cookie and was granted a top floor room away from the elevators and instantly planted myself on the bed to see if it had their usual comfortableness. It most surely did and the view they gave me faced the pool deck and large jacuzzi which I couldn't wait to ooze into sealed the deal for me.

I must also thank the bartender for her helpfulness with the local area and recommended a great steak for me that night in their restaurant. Also, you MUST try their southwest chowder, it was fantastic! My only concern at the hotel was with the air conditioner unit which seemed to change temperature throughout the night. I'm hoping it was just my room that had that problem and even though i was able to sleep once I got used to it, it did annoy me at first.

Next time I plan on using their gym which is right next to the pool, it seemed to have the basic machines that you would need for a nice workout. You will love the Doubletree!

Room Tip: The even numbered rooms in the main tower face the pool area.
CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed for one week during the Cardigan Welsh Corgi National Specialty. While I did have my dogs with me, I don't enjoy hearing other people's dogs bark and I could not believe how quiet the hotel was! Never heard the neighbors' dogs bark, didn't hear their TVs. We had a first floor patio room which was of more than adequate size and I'm sure had been recently remodeled. I LOVED the walk in shower all tiled and glass blocks. Staff were very accomodating, not to say everything was perfect as there was a delay in the room being ready at check in. Service in the Cantina was not fast, but the food quality exceeded expectations. Even the banquet meal was very tasty. I found the overall experience to be better than I hoped. Always good to be pleasantly surprised by the service, food and staff experience. Great job Doubletree team!

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

So this is another one of those tale of 2 hotel scenarios. The tower rooms are the room that have been remodeled, have interior hallways and are of a nicer quality than the non-Tower rooms. I was unlucky to get a non-tower room. These rooms are more like motel rooms - they are exterior rooms that face the parking lot. I was stuck in a room at the far end of the hotel which was a haul since I did not have a car. This hotel is in a sketchy part of town - not completely unsafe, but good to be on your guard.

The rooms are dated. The bathroom has been updated and feature these weird half enclosed showers with no shower curtain which means water basically goes all over the bathroom floor. The king bed was comfortable, there was a desk and flat screen TV. The A/C was noisy, but the noise doesn't bother me as much as it might others. There is a fridge and in-room coffee which was lousy.

There is an open patio with dated patio furniture. The pool looked nice although it was chilly on the day I visited. I briefly frequented the lobby bar which was nice.

My colleagues in the Tower room said the rooms were very nice. So if you choose to stay here ask for a Tower room and if you can't get one - get a room closer to the hotel lobby so you don't feel so disconnected from the rest of society!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel hosted a Cardigan Welsh Corgi National Specialty (see complaint from h0telguest13) but my experience with the hotel staff and the hotel itself was fabulous.
I had no dogs with me but honestly, the barking was only during waking hours so I think the complaint may have been exaggerated..
The rooms are updated and were very clean. Housekeeping made sure they stayed that way. The beds were very comfortable with way too many pillows (LOL). The HVAC worked pretty well. The bathroom was impeccably clean.
My room was very quiet (in a first floor courtyard room with it's own orange tree- inhale deeply).
My only complaint would be the Hotel Cantina which had slow service and the Chicken Mole dish arrived cold and tasteless. The catered pasta dinner one night was excellent.

Room Tip: If you have pets, it makes sense to select a courtyard room. Business travelers should stay in the...
Wichita Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

A nice facility, although the rooms are not large...the furnishings are up to date. Rooms were clean and well maintained. House keeping was prompt and friendly. Front desk personnel were indifferent, no cookie on check in (although others raved about them!), room not ready at time requested. Courtyard and pool area were very nice, other than the college kids drinking at the hot tub on Saturday night.... For the size and quality of the rooms this hotel is overpriced, so it is better if you can get rooms through priceline or another room broker! A variety of restaurants are within a 2 mile radius of the hotel, which is good because the hotel restaurants were really substandard, other than the Easter buffet. Too many loose kids screaming in the courtyard because of Easter, but I imagine it is a one time thing!

Room Tip: First floor room with patios were very nice! Although you will hear every screaming kid turned loose...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Windermere
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel accepted a $50/night bid on Priceline the last week of March 2013. After my bid was accepted, I called the hotel directly to request that the room be located far from the elevator. On check-in, I received a room right next to the elevator. The room was not adequately soundproofed and the elevator bell and ice maker could be heard clearly. I went back to the front desk to complain and received another room away from the elevator as I had originally requested. Otherwise, the stay went smoothly. The hotel was clean, the room was comfortable, the pool area was nice, the gym was minimal. Free wi-fi in the lobby but very slow speed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park? Share your experiences!