“My Go-To Place In Tucson” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Tucson Golf Specials!
Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
california
“My Go-To Place In Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I explored Tucson for 2 weeks on bicycle as a winter escape vacation. Once I discovered the Doubletree I ended going back 3 more times and made it the base for my rides. Each time I stayed in a spacious ground floor patio room decorated in earth tones with large sliding glass door for plenty of natural light. Large digital TV with HD channels resulted in me watching more TV than usual, but I won't deduct points for that! Super friendly staff who remembered me after a few stays. This is now my go-to place when in Tucson. Wish management would rethink policy of charging for internet … to me that's like charging to use the library.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Napa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is a nice property, the rooms are nice, the grounds are nice, the staff is very good. Unfortunately for me, the Kitchen brings the whole place down and I would say should be at the very least audited by Hilton. I was recently there for 2 nights. First night I ate at the Cactus Rose Steakhouse. The menu was uninspiring, the food on the salad bar seemed like it had been sitting out all day, and the entree mediocre at best. The only good thing was the waiter, but I think he was the cook and dishwasher too. The next night I ate at the Javelina Cantina. My order of Camerones took about 1/2 hour, even though the place was not busy. I sat at the bar, and it seemed like the waitstaff, including the bartender were spending alot of time in the kitchen, which made me wonder if they too were the cooks and dishwashers. The shrimp, vegetables, refried beans and rice seemed like they had a weeks worth of sodium. The bartender asked me how it was, I said terrible. Then some manager type guy asked me how it was, I told him I could not eat it. He asked me if I wanted something else (which at this point, I did not, and he ran away. You would think at the very least they would have comp'd a glass of wine or something. I also had breakfast one morning, and it was not bad, which made me believe there was a whole different crew in the kitchen at that time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
SLemon445, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Mike M,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and restaurant. We’re very sorry that you were disappointed with your entrée, and we’ve shared your comment with our culinary team. We’re improving our menu with your recommendations in mind. The next time you’re in the area, we hope you’ll come back to see the changes we’ve made and tell us what you think. We want to provide you with the best guest experience. Thank you for helping us improve!

Best Regards,

SueAnn Lemon
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed here numerous times and am noticing that the facility is getting a worn look. I love the location and the hotel staff is outstanding and goes overboard to make their guests feel welcome. My traveling companion is diabetic and the staff sent up apples to make up for the fact that he couldn't have the wonderful welcome cookies. The beds very comfortable and the house staff keep the rooms spotless.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear gonealot,

Thank you so much for your review. We truly love knowing that you had a good stay. We are always looking to improve the on-property experience, so thank you for your insight. On behalf of our entire team, we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Regards,

Sue Ann Lemon
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was once a MOTEL, with multiple buildings not connected to each other - you had to go outside to get from one to the other. Room temperature at check in was set at 85 degrees F! Yes, it was unseasonably cold outside (25 degrees in AM one day), but 85 was a waste of energy and took hours to cool the room down to a reasonable temperature. The room smelled musty - as if someone had smoked in a non-smoking room and then staff had tried to cover that with deodorizer. The shower/tub area smelled of smoke. Damp spots in the carpet by the entry tile floor didn't have an obvious cause. Hotel air conditioners always seem to rattle when the blower comes on, and this room was no exception. Scrambled eggs on breakfast buffet were cold, but breakfast servers were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I had an upstairs room in the building next to the one with the meeting rooms and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sue22315,

We’re so sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you expected and deserved during your recent stay at our hotel We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation doesn’t happen again. If you return to Tucson, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show our true level of high quality. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Regards,

SueAnn Lemon
Riley, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel twice now, while visiting family in Tucson. The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable and the overall service was great! We will definitely stay again the next time we are in town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Nothing bad, nothing great. Clean, with good beds and a nice pool/hot tub area. I liked the Javalina Cantina attached to the hotel and would be satisfied at that happy hour (til 8pm) any time. After a week in Tucson I think there is no good wait service in the whole town, so I won't complain overly much about the wandering bar staff at the Cantina.

Room Tip: The top floor gave me a decent view of the hills outside town.
Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

What a great hotel!
My husband, 4 year old daughter and I got to the hotel at 10 pm after 8 hours of flight and travel from Montreal to be welcomed by a friendly staff that set the tone for the duration of our stay. We stayed at the Doubletree Reid Park for 6 nights. Usually after 2 nights in a hotel we all start getting a little uncomfortable and fed up of being away from home, but this hotel truly felt like home.
The rooms, hallways, lobby and grounds are very inviting and warm. There was a cosiness to the room that is becoming more and more rare to find.
The room was always very clean, despite the only slightly dated bathrooms, it was spotless. The cleaning staff is very attentive. One day when they saw that I had drank both coffees provided, they left me extra for the next day which I thought was very thoughtful. When making the beds, they always tucked my daughter’s stuffed animals in cuddling at the pillows which made her happy.
-Very clean rooms, grounds and common areas
-Extremely friendly and helpful staff.
-Beautiful heated pool kept at 80 degrees in January
-Great Wi-Fi connection
- Nice buffet breakfast offered in the restaurant downstairs
*If you are there on a Sunday you absolutely must have the ‘Champagne Brunch’, the selection was wonderful, high quality food and something for everyone.

The only things that weren't 100% great about this hotel, as mentioned above, their bathrooms could possibly use a little facelift. Not an overhaul because despite their years, they have been cared for and cleaned properly, it’s more of ‘look’ thing.
Also, some of the mattresses are due to be changed. The bed may daughter and I slept on was very comfortable; however my husband’s springs were well used. But great pillows! And be warned that they are double beds and not queens, which suited us fine, but may not suit all guests.

For the Location, it is in between Broadway and 22nd avenue, 2 main streets that I found had everything we needed on. Also it was just down the street from the zoo and a great park for my daughter. i felt safe in the area.

Thank you to all the staff for such a great stay.

Room Tip: Chose a room in the tower with a pool view. The grounds are beautiful with a great view on all the...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park? Share your experiences!