“Outstanding staff” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
Miami, FL
“Outstanding staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We chose this Doubletree for its location, but we were pleased and surprised with our choice. The hotel is not new but has been kept up and is clean and inviting. All of the staff we encountered were extremely friendly, pleasant and guest oriented. Luis at the Front Desk checked us in and answered all our questions. I had occasion to meet John, Director of Rooms, he was quite friendly and accommodating. The buffet breakfast was a beautiful spread and contained everything you could possibly want for breakfast. David assisted us at breakfast and made the mornings quite pleasant. I need to comment on the Concierge, Elena, who helped us make dinner reservations. I would recommend this hotel as the friendly, attentive staff greatly enhanced our stay in Tucson.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here in December after a bad experience at another Tucson hotel. I would absolutely choose to stay here again. The hotel lobby is large and very well decorated. The room was clean and modern. The guest service at check-in was very efficient and friendly. The beds were comfortable, the sheets were soft, and the room was quiet. The room was clean and the location of the hotel was convenient. There are two restaurants attached to the hotel. There is an outdoor pool. There is plentiful parking with a security guard patrolling the lot at night. We paid about $120 and it was well worth the money. I definitely recommend staying at the Doubletree Reid Park.

Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stayed at the Doubletree while attending our son's graduation. The service was excellent. We were fortunate enough to be upgraded to a suite, and the front desk person went out of his way to accommodate our location request. The room was quiet, clean, large, updated, and comfortable. The breakfast buffet was also very good. We would definitely stay here again!

las cruces, nm
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The location has really well manicured lawns, a nice pool, good beds, and large, if not a little old, rooms (stayed in the tower). I have visited twice with my family and have enjoyed both visits. The personnel working this location are very customer focused, and the breakfast buffet is really quite good.

Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel quite a bit for business and am always impressed with the caliber of the staff. Without exception, everyone is friendly and helpful -- front desk, bartenders, restaurant staff, bellman...everyone!! It is a pleasure to stay here, I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

The decor at this location is up to date with current trends. The halls are reminiscent of places like the Driskill Hotel in Austin (golds, reds, crimson), and the king room was welcoming. I went for a stay-cation with my husband fro two nights & was glad I did. Sunday morning, starting at 10am they had the most amazing champagne brunch buffet I have eaten on US soil. While I didn't enjoy the champagne, I did enjoy the variety of fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, and desserts. There were even soups, made-to-order omelets, and coffee, tea, juices, milk. Seating was comfortable and lighting calming. Our room overlooked the pool which brought question to my happiness when I noticed that around 9am the pool was covered in a film-like substance - they obviously hadn't cleaned it. It was nice size though and perfect weather for a swim, although I couldn't get past the film. I getting ready, it was unusual that the bathroom didn't have a fan - so be sure to bring air freshener when you go. It was also weird, and an inconvenience that the bathroom outlet was installed upside down. Normally this wouldn't matter, but when it's located within a few inches of the corner, and the hair dryer they supply has a three-inch plug, you cannot use the outlet to dry your hair.
I was also disappointed to realize that no one informed me when I made my reservation that every Friday & Saturday evening they have a magic show - couldn't attend as we already had reservations elsewhere. The service staff was wonderful and we always had clean fresh linens & towels. Two other important things to note: the computers in the business area won't allow you to "eject" your external drives unless you turn off the computer. Also, the television kept zoning out & would leave us in awe of what might happen next, blackness, silence, or normality. Still, it was close to home and centrally located. The zoo close by, as are a couple fo shopping centers & movie theaters. Certainly a lot of choices for eateries. Azian / Fusion Wasabi (Broadway & Alvernon), is now offering $1 sushi all day every day!

Room Tip: Ask fro a higher floor (5 or above) so you can see more of the beautiful mountains & city - espe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedona, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I spent one night on Nov 8, 2012. We were in room 901 in the tower. From the moment we walked in the hotel lobby the hotel staff greeted us and offered to assist us. We arrived early being my husband is at the VA center for the blind for 5 weeks and it is too far to travel home so we will be staying at the Doubletree for the week-ends. The front desk was kind enough to let us check in early as our room was ready. The room was very clean. The bed was so comfortable. The A/C was very cold and couldn't be shut off. Someone was there with in 5 minutes to fix it.

The pool area was lovely to sit at and spend sometime. The grounds are beautiful and well maintained. We walked to the tennis courts and sat on the bench there. It is close to Reid Park so this week end we with visit the zoo there.

We had dinner at the Cactus Rose. We both had the prime rib dinner that was excellent. It was served with the soup and salad bar. Soup was your choice of corn chowder or spicy ham and potato. The salad bar had so much to choice from including real bacon bits, blue cheese, olives ,asparagus and so much more. Our waiter Benjamin was so charming and made our dinner pleasant.

Breakfast was the buffet. So much to chose from. Fresh fruit apples, pears, banana's, oranges, fresh orange slices, cantaloupe, honey dew, watermelon,dried fruit. The home baked muffins were to die for. Not so much the croissants, or danish I think they were packaged. You have a choice of scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, french toast, orange juice. toast, bagels.
There is no reason to leave the hotel to eat out.

We were grateful for a late check out so we could spend some time together before my husband had to go back to the VA hospital and are looking forward the this coming Saturday. Thank you Doubletree.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park? Share your experiences!