The decor at this location is up to date with current trends. The halls are reminiscent of places like the Driskill Hotel in Austin (golds, reds, crimson), and the king room was welcoming. I went for a stay-cation with my husband fro two nights & was glad I did. Sunday morning, starting at 10am they had the most amazing champagne brunch buffet I have eaten on US soil. While I didn't enjoy the champagne, I did enjoy the variety of fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, meat, and desserts. There were even soups, made-to-order omelets, and coffee, tea, juices, milk. Seating was comfortable and lighting calming. Our room overlooked the pool which brought question to my happiness when I noticed that around 9am the pool was covered in a film-like substance - they obviously hadn't cleaned it. It was nice size though and perfect weather for a swim, although I couldn't get past the film. I getting ready, it was unusual that the bathroom didn't have a fan - so be sure to bring air freshener when you go. It was also weird, and an inconvenience that the bathroom outlet was installed upside down. Normally this wouldn't matter, but when it's located within a few inches of the corner, and the hair dryer they supply has a three-inch plug, you cannot use the outlet to dry your hair.
I was also disappointed to realize that no one informed me when I made my reservation that every Friday & Saturday evening they have a magic show - couldn't attend as we already had reservations elsewhere. The service staff was wonderful and we always had clean fresh linens & towels. Two other important things to note: the computers in the business area won't allow you to "eject" your external drives unless you turn off the computer. Also, the television kept zoning out & would leave us in awe of what might happen next, blackness, silence, or normality. Still, it was close to home and centrally located. The zoo close by, as are a couple fo shopping centers & movie theaters. Certainly a lot of choices for eateries. Azian / Fusion Wasabi (Broadway & Alvernon), is now offering $1 sushi all day every day!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Tucson - Reid Park Hotel Tucson
- Doubletree By Hilton Tucson - Reid Park Hotel
- Doubletree Hotel Tucson
- Doubletree Tucson
- Tucson Doubletree
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel features 287 guestrooms; outdoor heated pool and whirlpool in a lush courtyard setting, massage services, new fitness center, cyber center and three tennis courts. Dine in the Cactus Rose Steakhouse, Javelina Cantina or Lobby Bar. Enjoy weekend entertainment and take advantage of our award-winning Sunday Brunch. Across the street is Reid Park, featuring two 18-hole golf courses, 3-mile jogging track and 25 lighted tennis courts. Doubletree Hotel is located near attractions, shopping, U of A, DMAFB, airport and business districts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Tucson - Reid Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.