“Great rooms at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Tucson South to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Tucson South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3704 E Irvington Rd, Tucson, AZ 85714   |
Ranked #71 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
“Great rooms at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Upon checking in I was greeted very nicely even though the lobby was full. The person behind the desk was very profesional and handled the guests in a timely manner. She was very informative and had awesome customer service. When I got to my room it was your standard run of the mill hotel room but was exceptionally clean. There were no disruptions of any sort. Overall it was a very pleasant stay and ill definitely be staying here when I'm in town. Very satisfied.

• Stayed May 2013
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found the staff to be friendly and professional. We all work hard to ensure you have the best stay possible. It looks like we did our job for you! I have shared your comments with the staff. Thanks for choosing to stay with us, we hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

The property was somewhat run down, but the most bothersome problem was the lack of cleaning, especially the bathroom. There was black hair on the toilet and bathtub (we are blonds). The toilet was completely brown at the bottom of the bowl and there was a ring at the water line. A rubbing with a pumice block would remove that quickly; this was not permanent staining, just lack of basic cleaning. The soap dish was covered with black mold. I touched it with my fingernail and the thick mold came off easily. It was not a permanant stain, just unscrubbed and filthy. The room price was low, but even at this rate we are unaccostomed to seeing such uncleaned surfaces.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,
First let me apologize for the condition of your room upon check in. We strive to ensure all guest leave satisfied and it looks like we dropped the ball in your case. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know your concerns which I have shared with the staff to ensure this sort of thing does not happen in the future. I would like to make this right for you if you would please contact me by phone or email I will be happy to resolve this for you. Thank you for your business. Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Driving solo, cross-country (East-West) car trip. Normally stop in Tucson, AZ. First time stay at the Red Roof Inn. It's off the I-10, north side. Requested non-smoking - only to find out that the entire motel is designated non-smoking. It's about 5-6 miles from downtown. Assigned room had a king size bed with microwave and small fridge. It is a bit dated. It was quiet even though next to freeway. The young lady at the front desk was helpful and accommodating when asked about local eateries. Wifi okay. Serve a breakfast but did not partake.

Room Tip: Rooms around the pool area quieter than those facing the freeway.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found the room to be a good value. We do have a resturant on site that offers a 10% discount to all of our guest and we offer coffee in the lobby 24 hours. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman General Manager i0225@redroof.com
tn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

my stay went very well. i had been there before so i knew how to get in to the property. it is a little old but well maintained. bed was very comfortable. a very good fast food place to eat in tucson is the LUCKY WISHBONE.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found the bed to be comfortable and you had a nice dinner while in town. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman General manager
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

First off about 3 am I got up to go use the bathroom in my home and I got a message from Chase alerts that Redroof in charged my card. I was like thats wierd, they never done that before. Well to make a long story short I booked it for the wrong night. I woke up really early and spoke to LINDSEY, managager at this location. She went out of her way to help me, she was very very nice. She refunded me and booked me a complimentary reservation which I ended up staying at Red Roof Inn North cause it was closer to my friend. 5 Stars for LINDSEY.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay. I am glad I was able to help resolve the booking issue. We understand that reservations can be made for the wrong dates and work hard to ensure that each guest is taken care of. Thank you for calling and letting me assist with your issue. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Tucson.

Lyndsay Dorman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room online at a great rate when I arrived the hotel looked a bit dated. I drove around the lot in search of the office I found it connected to Denny's which was odd. The lobby was full of construction workers waiting to check in. The gal at the desk was efficient getting each of them on their way with a smile. She checked me in and I located my room. To my surprise she had placed me on the opposite side of the hotel from the men. The room was clean but nothing too special no fridge or microwave. The beds were comfortable and most important the bathroom was immaculate. I did have to ask for more towels as it only had two in the room just a minor inconvenience. I called the desk to inquire about local Mexican food. The lady suggested Little Mexico. Which was amazing!! Red roof was great for a short two day trip but if you are staying for more than a couple days I would request a room with more amenities. All in all the staff was friendly price was great. I would stay again

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad the front desk gave you great advice on dinner. I have shared your comments with the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Tucson.

Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
Chandler, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here often before without issue but this time:
-When I went to brush my teeth in the evening, I turned on the sink and the water came out brown. The water ran for a second and appeared clear. I then filled a cup with water from the sink to take some medication and found silt of some type floating in the cup.
-The next morning, I tried to take a shower but when I turned on this water, it also came out brown. I left the hotel without showering and when I checked out, I asked the front desk about the situation and the gentleman could not provide me with any answers nor did he attempt to rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face I-10 or the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the hotel. I apologize that it was not up to the same standards as your previous stays. I have shared your comments with the staff so we can ensure other guest do not have the same issue in the future. I would like to speak with you further regarding the brown water you encountered in your room as well as make this right to keep you a future guest. Please contact me by phone or email and I will be happy to assist. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you soon! Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com