“very good weather” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 127 hotels in Tucson
tn
“very good weather”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

my stay went very well. i had been there before so i knew how to get in to the property. it is a little old but well maintained. bed was very comfortable. a very good fast food place to eat in tucson is the LUCKY WISHBONE.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found the bed to be comfortable and you had a nice dinner while in town. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman General manager

137 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

First off about 3 am I got up to go use the bathroom in my home and I got a message from Chase alerts that Redroof in charged my card. I was like thats wierd, they never done that before. Well to make a long story short I booked it for the wrong night. I woke up really early and spoke to LINDSEY, managager at this location. She went out of her way to help me, she was very very nice. She refunded me and booked me a complimentary reservation which I ended up staying at Red Roof Inn North cause it was closer to my friend. 5 Stars for LINDSEY.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reveiw your recent stay. I am glad I was able to help resolve the booking issue. We understand that reservations can be made for the wrong dates and work hard to ensure that each guest is taken care of. Thank you for calling and letting me assist with your issue. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Tucson.

Lyndsay Dorman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked my room online at a great rate when I arrived the hotel looked a bit dated. I drove around the lot in search of the office I found it connected to Denny's which was odd. The lobby was full of construction workers waiting to check in. The gal at the desk was efficient getting each of them on their way with a smile. She checked me in and I located my room. To my surprise she had placed me on the opposite side of the hotel from the men. The room was clean but nothing too special no fridge or microwave. The beds were comfortable and most important the bathroom was immaculate. I did have to ask for more towels as it only had two in the room just a minor inconvenience. I called the desk to inquire about local Mexican food. The lady suggested Little Mexico. Which was amazing!! Red roof was great for a short two day trip but if you are staying for more than a couple days I would request a room with more amenities. All in all the staff was friendly price was great. I would stay again

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad the front desk gave you great advice on dinner. I have shared your comments with the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Tucson.

Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
Chandler, Arizona, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have stayed here often before without issue but this time:
-When I went to brush my teeth in the evening, I turned on the sink and the water came out brown. The water ran for a second and appeared clear. I then filled a cup with water from the sink to take some medication and found silt of some type floating in the cup.
-The next morning, I tried to take a shower but when I turned on this water, it also came out brown. I left the hotel without showering and when I checked out, I asked the front desk about the situation and the gentleman could not provide me with any answers nor did he attempt to rectify the situation.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face I-10 or the pool
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the hotel. I apologize that it was not up to the same standards as your previous stays. I have shared your comments with the staff so we can ensure other guest do not have the same issue in the future. I would like to speak with you further regarding the brown water you encountered in your room as well as make this right to keep you a future guest. Please contact me by phone or email and I will be happy to assist. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you soon! Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Not a good motel 75 dollars for a 30 dollar room Hampton inn not much more , And much better hotel. Two people working front desk much more interested in spanish viedos than checking me in . Boss was not allowed to use a credit card over phone to pay . There was graffiti on the furniture . Our biggest complaint is with staff more time was spent listening to staff and dennys employees chatting with one another three different people from dennys came in and spent time chatting while we were checking in . We had a party of 18 coming in we asked for reservations we were told manager would have to handle it no one ever got back to us . Our stay was on 5/3/13 . I would strongly recommend this be last choice u will not enjoy Ur self waste of vacation dollars .

• Stayed May 2013
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am aware that it did take some time to get you checked in and I apologize. It is our company policy that a guest room paid for by a credit card that is not present during check in must be accompanied by a 3rd party form from the cardholder. This policy protected our guest sensitive credit card information and provides us with the required documents needed to ensure the credit card is not being used fraudulently. I know this process can take some time and hold up the check in process, in the future if you call ahead we will be happy to have all the paperwork prepared so your check in can go quick and efficient. I have shared your comments with the staff to ensure they are retrained on handling these types of check ins. I apologize that I did not contact you regarding the group of rooms, if you would like to come back and give us another try I can try to make your previous stay right. I thank you for your business and hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman i0225@redroof.com
Imperial Beach, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

After having to kick the door to get it open, we found the a/c falling apart. The front cover was falling off, and the knobs were broken. I finally got my fingers in there to get it going. The bed was clean, the bathroom was clean, the carpet was filthy. The lights near the bed did not work. Had to shut lights off at the door and walk in the dark to the bed. You get 10% discount at Denny's next door. It is on the east end of town so going east it is convenient.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I first want to apologize for the non-working items in your room, I know after traveling all day it can be frustrating when these types of items happen. In the future if you find your room to be unsuitable please let the front desk know as we want to get you into a room that is clean and comfortable. I would like to speak to you about which room you were in and make this situation right. Please contact me by email or phone 520.571.1400 to discuss a resolution. Again, we appreciate your business and your feedback about your room. We hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Motel was clean, grounds were clean, pool was nice, front service person was very nice, her name was Irene, she was helpful and had a good personality. As for the WiFi it wasn't good at all, you get all bars but have to wait for up to 3-5 min. to get on and that is if it doesn't boot you off, other then that it was quiet and comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms were all great and clean, A/C's were quiet and cold, WiFi not so good.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found Irene to be helpful she goes out of her way to make everyone feel at home. I am excited to share that the hotel is upgrading the Wi-Fi services to a much faster speed in the next few months. We hope to have the new service up and running by the end of this quarter, by listening to your feedback and addressing the concerns we hope to offer a better amenity for your future stay. Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Tucson. Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson South? Share your experiences!