“Very basic .... but close to Pima Air & Space Museum” 3 of 5 stars

You added Red Roof Inn Tucson South to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Tucson South
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3704 E Irvington Rd, Tucson, AZ 85714   |
Ranked #83 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“Very basic .... but close to Pima Air & Space Museum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Traveling with my husband, two kids under 3 and my mum so we booked two rooms to be closer to the attractions we were planning on visiting.
Rooms are very basic, with no fridge, microwave or coffee making facilities but the beds were comfortable.
A few issues .... my husband used the bathroom as soon as we were in our room and the toilet wouldn't flush. After calling reception, waiting over an hour and then being offered the plunger, my husband refused so will give full credit to the guy for unblocking it.
The wifi was very slow when it worked which was only two out of the four days we stayed.
Also the smokers staying at the hotel couldn't be bothered putting their cigarettes out in bins/ ashtrays so the veranders and walkways are littered with ash and butts.
Denny's which is attached to reception was handy.
It suited us for this trip ...

• Stayed March 2013
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found the beds to be comfortable. We are currently in the process of upgrading our Wi-Fi service so it is more dependable for our guest. I have shared your comments with the staff. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us while visiting Tucson and hope to see you again soon. Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My first reaction pulling in the parking lot was not great. After I drove around the parking lot looking for the office I found it connected to Denny's. I was traveling with my daughter and after a horrible hotel experience in the last city, I asked the girl at the desk a hundred questions before committing to the night. She took her time and answered all of them kindly. The outside is a no frills kind of place but when I entered the room I found it to be updated with new carpet and flat screen TV's. My daughter swam in the pool and it was a hassle to have to get more towels at the desk. the room only had 2????? There is only one ice machine which sometimes wasn't working and the internet was pretty slow. I reported it to the desk. If you looking for a decent price for a one or two night stay I would recommend this because the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am glad you found your room to be clean and comfortable, the flat screen TV's are part of our recent refresh. I have shared your feedback about the ice machine and the internet with the staff. We are taking corrective measures so that future guest do not encounter these issues. Thank you for your business; we hope to see you again soon! Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Immensely helpful and courteous @ the front desk there. It was really kind of impressive. It definitely wasn't expected @ all though, so it caught me off-guard. And it actually meant a lot to me because I'd have been lost without the guidance they provided me with. It was my first trip to Tucson, I was traveling all by myself, and I didn't know a single person in town. So I went from feeling completely alienated to feeling like I was right @ home. Just wanted to say thanks!

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. I am delighted we made your first trip to Tucson great. We make it our goal to make each guest feel at home. I was excited to share your feedback with the staff, your kind words mean a great deal to us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you to the area. Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

It was clean and as nice as I'd expect for $60/night. The adjacent Denny's gives a 10% discount to guests of any local hotel. Very close to Pima Air Museum which was the reason for the visit. Definitely will recommend this as a bargain hotel for those who don't want to pay for all the extras.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest: Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We do have a convenient location if you are visiting the Pima Air Museum and I am glad you found our hotel to be a good value. I have shared your feedback with the staff. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon. Lyndsay Dorman GM i0225@redroof.com
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My recent stay here was a very pleasurable. The desk agent took care of me in a very profesional and timely manner. Upon entering my room i was delighted to see one of the cleanest rooms ive ever stayed in( i stay in alot of hotels). Any needs and questions i had were taken care of promptly and accurately. I have stayed at a few Red Roof Inns and this one is in my top three.
I can tell you that i will be staying here every time i come back to Tucson. One of the best stays ever!

• Stayed March 2013
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay I am glad that you were delighted with your clean room. The staff was thrilled to hear your positive feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us when your travels bring you to Tucson. We hope to see you soon. Lyndsay Dorman i0225@redroof.com
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Finding a coupon, we found and attempted to register at this motel. The young man at the desk that evening was clearly over his head in handling even the most simple technical tasks. First of all, he assigned us to a room that was already occupied. Next he assigned a room that had been broken into. The main door lock did not work, and the safety lock was broken off and completely unusable. During our check in process, two different parties returned to the desk because of room problems they were having. One of the rooms had not been cleaned even by 5:00 pm.
When we cancelled our room, I asked for a copy of the original bill and noted that he had clearly not used the discount coupon that we presented when we first attempted to register.
In defense of the desk clerk, the management has the most blame here, for not properly training nor supervising a person who was new to his job and clearly not capable of handling a large influx of customers. Our three attempts to get a room there took over fourth five minutes. Wifi did not work, although it was recently refurbished.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your experience at the Red Roof Inn. I am sorry that the front desk did not take care of you in a proper manner. I have provided your feedback to the entire staff to ensure we can better help future guest. I can assure you corrective measures have been taken so that future guest do not have to experience what you went through. Feel Free to contact me if you have any other comments, questions or concerns. Lyndsay Dorman i0225@redroof.com
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

First i would like to say that i have stayed in a few Red Roof Inns over the last few years and this is definitely one of my favorites. The staff there are very courteous and well spoken. They almost bend over backwards to see that the guests are well taken care of.The housekeepers are equally great. I stayed two nights and my housekeeper was Nichol on both days. She did an absolute wonderful job making sure i had everything i needed and that the cleanliness was up to my standards(which it actually exceeded). I recommend the Denny's on site for breakfast. Good service, good food, and if you present your room key you get ten percent off. There is also a burger joint next to the hotel that is great for dinner or a night cap as they might have the best happy hour i have seen so far. All in all i really enjoyed my stay here and will definitely be staying here when i return to Tucson and recommend it to anyone looking for great service at a great price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay in Tucson. I am excited to share your kind words with the staff. Nichol takes pride in making each guest room clean and comfortable. As you mentioned the Denny’s on site makes it convenient to have a quick breakfast before checking out. The burger joint you mentioned is called Brooklyn’s; it is within walking distance. We appreciate your continued business and look forward to your next stay here in Tucson. Lyndsay Dorman GM
i0225@redroof.com

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson South? Share your experiences!