“Really Comfortable Stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Really Comfortable Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

The room was very clean and comfortable, we were a bit concerned about the security but everything was fine! Dennys was literally right next to the hotel which was really convenient for breakfast!!
The pool was a little bit dirty (lots of things floating in the water) but there was a net by the side of the pool for people to fish them out. Other than that it was really nice as it was nearly always quiet so we could have a dip when the weather was really hot!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
i0225, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tucson South, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! I am happy you found your room clean and comfortable. We have taking measures to ensure the pool is ready everyday all year round for our guests and thank you for bringing that to our attention. I have shared your comments with the staff and we hope to see you on your next travels through Tucson.

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

To begin with expectation for this hotel were low. However, when arriving we were pleasantly surprised. Although it isn't in the best location as its pretty much in the middle of nowhere, you don't have to look far for food. Denny's is adjacent to the hotel! The swimming pool is small but at the same time it's a great place to relax. The check in staff at reception were really friendly and helpful, nothing would be too much trouble (not that we had any). The room was beyond expectations and was really homely. The only thing that I found annoying about the room was the sink OUTSIDE the toilet. Free wifi access though and it was really spacious. Overall, a really comfortable stay and great value for money!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! I am happy you found our hotel comfortable and convenient that is something we all love to hear. I have shared your comments with the staff and we hope to see you on your next travels through Tucson.
Prescott, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This Inn is located right off exit 264 on I-10, and very convenient to get to. It's also very convenient for an overnight stay if you are dropping off someone for an early flight at the airport.

The rooms are clean, and the beds are comfortable. The rental office is located on the back side of the Denny's restaurant. They nicely have a discount at Denny's if you show your room card.

They do charge a safe fee each night, but they will remove it at your request on checkout.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! I am glad you found our hotel clean and comfortable during your stay. I have shared your comments with the staff and we hope to see you on your next travels through Tucson.
Beautiful Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Selected based on reviews and ease of access to both sides of Saguaro National park. Room was clean & spacious and we found it to be quiet. Denny's adjacent to the motel with 10% discount(? - we didn't use). Beds comfortable but pillows a little small. Internet was adequate. Fit our needs quite well and would gladly use in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel! I am happy you found your room clean and spacious. Since your stay we have replaced the pillows in all rooms. I have shared your comments with the staff and hope to see you on your next travels through Tucson.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed numerous times here before, with every stay being average. However this last weekend was the worst for me. Staff do not listen to their customers. When I made my reservation I asked for a 1st floor non smokink king deluxe. After a hot ride I went to take a shower but to my surprise I had no shower curtin. Went the front desk asked fpr a room with a shower curtain. Front desk sais all of our showers have curtains. I said not mine. She calls house speaking and speaks with them in spanish to put in a shower curtain. The lady goves me a key to another non smoking room......or so I thought! Instead i was given a smoking room. I then go back to the front desk and ask for a non smosking room. The lady again says I did gove you one. I said no you didn't because this room has cigarette burn marks thrpughout, it smells like cigarettes and their is no non smoking sign on the front door. Her response was...."..OH????? Sje then calls housekeeping again(before helping me). She again talls to them in spanish and then says in English oh and you need to spray the room. She looks at me and says I don't have any more 1st floors for you. I only have a second floor....which is NOT what I asked during my reservation as well as confirmation and arrival at the hotel. I was placed on a second floor in very back of building. For the next two noghts I had a drunk continually try to come in my room both nights........because he was so drunk he didn't know where he was. I called the office to complain and to send security over fpr assistance. I was asked to please give a description of the man trying to break in my room. My thpught was WTF??? I tjen told the night clerk I just gave you my room #, why can't you help me. The only thing keeping him out of my room is the flip lock becaise the dead bolt isn't working.......it won't stay latched. Needless to say they mever sent anyone!!!!!!! I went to check put and told the day clerk that I would mever be back again and his response was thank yoi for staying have a nice day. I turned and said did you just not jear what I said and his response was....UHHH NO????? I said that's obvious. I then told him again about the drunk trying to break in, broken deadbolt and no help from security. Can you believe. It he then asked me if I called the front desk to get security. I mean REALLY! COME ON!!! Get some people with brain cells to work the front desk!!!!!!!! Management needs to get rid of the zombies they have running the front desk. So if you stay here be careful of the non working locks and non caring staff!!!!! Management needs to give safety lessons and protocol forthe safety of their patrons. So as a woman, I will say safety was very lax and I will NEVER be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

I had one night here after having a terrible stay in a downtown hotel (Hotel Congress). The staff were really helpful & friendly. The room is great for the price, flat screen TV, good bathroom, wi-fi. The Denny's on-site is also a bonus. Would stay here again if I had a hire car next trip.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Mount Gambier, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

My Wife & I Stayed here May 10 &11, 2012. We have no complaints about room 225. It was upstairs & there was an elevator so that was great. Wi-Fi had good signal strength, water was hot in the shower, flat screen TV, two queen beds, housekeeping good. We used the laundry equipment & that was satisfactory. As mentioned by everyone, Denny's is there for food & that is very convenient. Reception staff where always helpful & open 24hrs. It is a bit removed form the centre of town but that suited us as we went to Tucson primarily to visit the PIMA Air museum & this hotel is close to that. I would say it wasn't noisy, but we live on a main highway thoroughfare at home. For the price we paid I am more than happy with the hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Tucson South? Share your experiences!