“Perfect Close-to-the-Airport Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Perfect Close-to-the-Airport Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2015

The staff were extremely good, the bar/restaurant was very good and the rooms are comfortable. The hotel is very close to the airport. However, the next time I visit Tucson I will stay much further North - staying here severely limits your dinner options without driving 20-30 minutes!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

I stayed at this hotel over night for a very early flight. When I asked about the shuttle in the morning the desk staff said the shuttle didn't start running until 04:30, my flight was at 05:00, I would have never made it even being that close to the airport. She offered to call me a cab, but the cabs would not come to the hotel that was that close to the airport, I started to panic, it was going to be too dark to walk the 1/2 mile with a suitcase. She picked up the phone again and the shuttle driver agreed to come in early to get me to the airport. Excellent service.

The suite was very nice, great work station and very clean. The only issue i had was the internet in the room. I had to go down to the bar where it worked better, which wasn't the worst thing.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Rochester, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2015

Great accessible hotel. The people/staff were extremely friendly and responsive! Any issues we had were maintenance related (dirty hot tub, no towels by pool multiple times, burned out light bulbs, etc) and were quickly taken care of by Theresa at the front desk who was AWESOME!

Room Tip: Poolside room on first floor awesome....walk right out to courtyard pool area!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Went to Tucson for the my boyfriend's birthday weekend to visit the Pima air museum and see some of his old college haunts. We chose this place mostly for location. Typically we stay if more resort style places but weekend trip so just needed a homebase to sleep.

The staff were very friendly and the location was in the middle of everything we wanted to do. Check and Check. The room was set up quite nicely, I was impressed they did not do the typical room. Bathroom very basic but clean. Check and Check. A refrigerator that could actually be used to put things in. Plus!

After an exhausting day of travel and lots and lots of walking I was looking forward to a good night sleep. Didn't happen. The bed was so hard I kept waking up feeling bruised. When I wasn't waking up from the bed I was waking up from the very loud air conditioner. It was not just ours, while laying there I also heard the air conditioner in the room next to ours come on.

If you like very firm beds stay here in the winter, perhaps the heater is not as loud.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, March 19, 2015
Thank you very much for your review. I was pleased to hear you found the rooms clean, refrigerator convenient, & staff was friendly. I apologize that you found our beds hard. We just replaced the mattresses a little over a year ago. As you know, each person likes a different level of comfort in their mattress. I'm sorry you found our hard. I will pass on your comments about your air conditioner to our Engineering department. We will check it out to make sure it's operating efficiently. Thanks agin for your comments.

Scott Posvistak
GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2015

The front desk staff is really friendly, she took the time to make sure that we got the right room we wanted to stay at. I really appreciate the good customer service and friendly attitude. The room was very nice and cozy and clean. The beds were comfortable. The pool was fun for my kids and relaxing for us with plenty of lounge areas and sitting areas with tables. Overall this was a nice weekend stay and we look forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: Rooms are quieter in the rear areas but the rooms in the front have easy access to the pool and pati...
Green Features: It's really great when staff treat people respectfully and professionally, that's something that is not always true everywhere you go.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2015 via mobile

I arrived after midnight. There is only one front desk staff member at that hour. She was very courteous but it took time to check in as there were 8 people in process. The water was shut off at the entire hotel due to a leave being repaired in the kitchen. Thus, our business party could not wash, shower, etc, when arriving in our rooms. Water came back on at 1:21 am. The airport is nearby and military pilot training takes place frequently at this civilian airport. It will be noisy at sunrise if you are trying to sleep in after a late arrival. Unable to connect to the premium internet service as a platinum Marriott member. However, the bed was very comfortable and the air worked nicely.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2015
Thank you for posting a review on our property. I apologize for the unavailability of water upon check-in. We experienced an emergency water leak. This required us to shut-off the water to the entire hotel until the repair was completed. We're sorry for the inconvenience & hope that this won't disway you from trying our hotel again in the future. Thanks for the nice comments about our beds. We're glad you found them comfortable.

Scott Posvistak
GM
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2015

I've stayed at this hotel around 4-5 times as I travel to Tucson from Phoenix for work frequently. I've had consistently good service from each staff member I've encountered. The last time I stayed was during a very busy time-The Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. The elevator in my wing was being temperamental and some of the guests I observed were quite rude to the staff. They seemed to shrug it off and go on to provide customer service.
As always, my room was clean, and bed very comfortable.
The staff at the Bistro were friendly, kind and helpful. I have eaten both breakfast and dinner there, and never had an unfriendly encounter.
There's not much around the hotel in terms of restaurants, etc, but it has good access to the 1-10 and a quick drive to local restaurants.
I will stay here again!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!