“Comfortable bed but...” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Comfortable bed but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I arrived after midnight. There is only one front desk staff member at that hour. She was very courteous but it took time to check in as there were 8 people in process. The water was shut off at the entire hotel due to a leave being repaired in the kitchen. Thus, our business party could not wash, shower, etc, when arriving in our rooms. Water came back on at 1:21 am. The airport is nearby and military pilot training takes place frequently at this civilian airport. It will be noisy at sunrise if you are trying to sleep in after a late arrival. Unable to connect to the premium internet service as a platinum Marriott member. However, the bed was very comfortable and the air worked nicely.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for posting a review on our property. I apologize for the unavailability of water upon check-in. We experienced an emergency water leak. This required us to shut-off the water to the entire hotel until the repair was completed. We're sorry for the inconvenience & hope that this won't disway you from trying our hotel again in the future. Thanks for the nice comments about our beds. We're glad you found them comfortable.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've stayed at this hotel around 4-5 times as I travel to Tucson from Phoenix for work frequently. I've had consistently good service from each staff member I've encountered. The last time I stayed was during a very busy time-The Tucson Gem and Mineral Show. The elevator in my wing was being temperamental and some of the guests I observed were quite rude to the staff. They seemed to shrug it off and go on to provide customer service.
As always, my room was clean, and bed very comfortable.
The staff at the Bistro were friendly, kind and helpful. I have eaten both breakfast and dinner there, and never had an unfriendly encounter.
There's not much around the hotel in terms of restaurants, etc, but it has good access to the 1-10 and a quick drive to local restaurants.
I will stay here again!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

We traveled to Tucson for a Soccer tournament for our two children, Parents were not happy with no continental breakfast so we were given a sack breakfast of a breakfast bar, piece of fruit and a cereal. The prices for the bistro were overly priced. Check in was not any better, broken elevators and we were put on the third floor. The bathroom not clean hair on the floor and carpet obviously not vacuumed in a while. no microwave ,dust covered the glass on pictures on the wall and top of the coffee maker.I had to wash the pull out table so my kids could eat on it. crumbs from the last guests i guess. Only one good thing i can say the beds were clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: don't choose this Marriott.
Green Features: they do save energy by not running the vacuum or spending money on cleaning supplies.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, January 21, 2015
Thank you for posting a review on our property. I apologize for the elevator being out-of-service during your stay. Our property is in the middle of an elevator modernization project. One of the elevators has been completed. However, the final elevator in your wing was being serviced during your stay. The final elevator should be completed by the end of January. In addition, we apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced. Marriott takes cleanliness very seriously. I assure you that I will personally follow up with our housekeeping staff to ensure that this does not happen again. I hope that you will give our property another chance in the future.

Boise, Idaho
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2015

We stayed one night, and upon check-in, the bathroom appeared to have been turned over quickly before our stay. There was black hair in the bathtub and sink, and the toilet had not been cleaned along the rim. We also had to call down for more large towels, as our room was not stocked. The rest of the stay was adequate, but not up to the usual Marriott standard that we have always experienced.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2015
Thank you for posting a review about our property. I apologize for the cleanliness issues. As you stated in your review, this is not typical of Marriott cleanliness standards. We take cleanliness very seriously and this is not acceptable. I will share your comments with our housekeeping staff & make the necessary changes to ensure this does not happen again. Please accept my apologies and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2015

Where does this hotel get these fantastic people? It is really nice to greeted by a friendly face and a great attitude after another horribly long day spent on the airlines. Maria had our room keys ready and our reward points figured out. Super fast check-in very efficient; great job Maria.
Also wanted to mention Rubin he works in the Bistro. Great friendly guy he always greats me with a smile and makes me feel welcome at breakfast. He recognises me from stay to stay and often has a short story or local info for me. Great cook too best egg white scramble out there.

• Stayed December 2014
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

I don't get to Tucson very often, mostly Phoenix. But when I did have to go to Tucson for a business trip, I stayed at this Courtyard, which had a shuttle to and from the airport, and it happened to be within walking distance to the place I needed to be. So location-wise, it was convenient. Tucson's not exactly the most "happenin'" place, but like my title says, this one served its purpose.

The hotel itself was clean & staff was helpful. I've been to a number of Courtyards throughout the country. They have been pretty much the same to me, except for a few here and there that had a funny smell. Luckily, no such smell at this location.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2014

I would like to thank Theresa Garcia for her outstanding help in a very trying situation. The key Machine broke and the property could not make card keys. The staff had to go to each room and let the guest into the rooms. Theresa made a very bad situation very liveable. I am a Life Platium Member. I have never had this situation in all my many many yeasrs with Marriott.

Lawrence R. Dearman
907-841-9880

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!