“The staff” 5 of 5 stars

Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #48 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“The staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

After a very long day of traveling. It was nice to be treated so well by the Marriott staff. Gabriel Garcia. Went above and beyond to ensure I was taken care of. He was super friendly and it didnt fell like it was his job. He made me feel at home. Thanks

• Stayed October 2014

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I am utter disbelief at the rude behavior of Shantell Moreno (who calls herself a manager) from the moment our family arrived at the hotel, we were ignored and it seemed if we needed anything that we were only pestering them.

• Stayed September 2014
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the rude behavior you experienced from one of our staff members. This is not our standard & certainly not what we expect our staff to deliver. I will personally review your comments with our staff member and make sure this behavior is corrected.

Regards,

Scott Posvistak
GM
Huachuca City, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Enjoyed my overnight stay before my flight the next morning. Very friendly check-in staff, quick and no problems. Lobby is very nice and modern with a separate TV area and boarding pass/Internet area. Room was clean and roomy. A few restaurants ride next door or just a short walk away. Hotel does offer a shuttle within a 5 mile range for free. I will diffidently stay here again!

Stayed October 2014
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I have traveled all of the World and stayed at all major hotel chains without any incident however, after staying at this Marriott Tucson, I will NEVER stay at another Marriott location again. John at the front desk acted as if it was an act of God to get me a second room key. Furthermore, when we asked him at halftime during the NFL game to make popcorn, he refused despite being a sponsor of the NFL and it being apart of their advertised football features. After waiting 15 minutes with no one in front of me in line at the bistro, Lynne seemed inconvienced to have to take my order. After she FINALLY did, every table in the bistro was covered in dirty dishes. I approached the front desk to ask to have a table cleaned, somehow that appeared "rude" according to them. They charged an $80.00 deposit by mistake three times. Supposedly by mistake all three times.??? And lastly but certainly not least....upon check out I had several fraudulent charges on my room. When I disputed them and asked to see the receipts to look at the signature, I was treated terribly. When I was able to prove they were not my charges, Frank (who claimed he was the GM) but is merely the Bistro Manager told me that if he found out the charges were mine, he was going to reapply them. I again advised him the charges were not mine and I have proven they were not...his response was "oh, I believe you." I advised him if he did in fact believe me, he wouldn't have made that statement. Shantel spoke Poorly to four Marriott employees because I disputed my charges. She went on to say I did not pay my charges the week prior. Marriott staff brought her comments to my attention. They are thieves who try to sneak charges on your room and hope you don't notice. Another friend of mine was also checking out of the hotel and found fraudulent charges on her room as well. Be very Leary of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2014
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the rude behavior by our staff. I will review your comments about the named associates with our leadership team. This is not the level of service we expect to provide. It will be rectified. In addition, I apologize about the confusion regarding your restaurant charges. These charges have been removed and your funds returned. We thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,

Scott Posvistak
GM
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is very nice. It is a larger property that is well maintained. It is extremely close to the airport but not noisy… The hotel staff was friendly and courteous. The parking lot was adequate and well lit. The inside of the lobby was accommodating and had lots of places to gather and socialize. Rooms were large and the furniture looked newer. I appreciate the oversized chair in the room.. almost like a love seat. The internet was fast, faster than most. Overall a nice place to head to if you have to be in that part of Tuscon. i would recommend

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I'm a Soldier/Veteran who found myself in a very precarious predicament tonight, while traveling in Tucson. My flight home doesn't leave until tomorrow AM, and my credit card isn't working. I feared I was going to have to sleep in my rental car until I remembered I had an unused Marriott gift-card in my wallet. I explained my situation to Maria B. at the front desk who accommodated me with a room for the amount I had on the card. Maria B. then went the extra mile and gave me an additional discount, so I would have enough of a balance on the card to get myself a meal. I will be forever grateful for Maria's simple random act of kindness towards me. Maria's wonderful and compassionate customer service has earned Marriott a customer for Life!

Vallejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Theresa greeted me with a big smile. She was courteous and made me feel very comfortable. She ask me what room floor would I prefer. I thought that was so nice, because no hotel had ask me that before. The room was very nice and clean.

What really made her stand out above the rest is that she agreed to assist me with my boarding pass. I knew that my business conference would take me into the evening hours. She graciously made a point to print the boarding pass one minute after my flight time which was 24 hours before the flight on Saturday, Sept. 13, 2014. When I called her to see if it had been done, she confirmed that she actually looked at the clock at the exact time my flight would be leaving on Sunday, Sept. 14, 2014. I was so grateful and relieved when I arrived that evening to find my boarding passes were waiting at the front desk, even though she was gone for the evening.

Thank you Theresa, you made my stay a memorable one.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 1st floor facing the pool.