“clean hotel, but seemed to care more about bottom line” 3 of 5 stars

Special Price
Sleep In & Save 20%!
Ranked #41 of 127 hotels in Tucson
Los Angeles, California
“clean hotel, but seemed to care more about bottom line”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The hotel is at a very good location, and the property itself is very clean and well kept. It seemed like the owners cared more about the bottom line.

My room did not have any shower cap and moisturizer. the coffee condiments were missing stirrer - both condiment packs. Just seems like for the price they charge and the brand they are, this falls below my expectations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I apologize for the rooms not having shower caps, moisturizer, and coffee stirrers. The first two items are not part of our normal guestroom amenity standards. However, we do stock these items at our front desk. They are available upon request and are complimentary. The coffee stirrers should have been stocked in your room by our housekeeping staff. I apologize for this oversight. I will stress the importance of placing these items in our guestrooms to our housekeeping staff. I was very pleased that you found our property a very good location, clean, and well-maintained. These are areas that we strive to achieve on a daily basis. Thank you again for your constructive feedback! Scott Posvistak, General Manager

84 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My family of three stayed at the Courtyard for a soccer tournament. As we checked in the young man at the front desk was neither good nor bad. He started to put us on the 1st floor but from what I had read on trip advisor, I asked for a higher floor. He put us in 356 near the elevator. At first thought it would be a problem but it was not.
The room was bigger then average, two queen beds (comfortable enough) with a nice balcony.
The only real complaint I had was there is no fan in the bathroom!

Room Tip: Higher floor!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I was pleased to hear that you chose our hotel to attend a local soccer tournament. The goal of our team was to offer exceptional value, great service, and clean and comfortable rooms. In addition, I hope you enjoyed the complimentary breakfast served in our meeting room for all of the teams. We are excited to announce that we will be under-going a rooms renovation in June 2013. This should be complete by the end of August 2013. New photos will be posted on our website shortly after the completion of the project. I'm positive that your team will be even more pleased with our newly renovated rooms. You mentioned that our bathrooms were not equipped with fans. I wanted to mention how our system works as all bathrooms are equipped with fans that are tied into one central system for each wing. Therefore, the fans run quietly 24-hours a day making it unnecessary for wall mounted switches. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback! Scott Posvistak, General Manager
Detroit
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Stayed at the Marriott for several nights....everything was great, especially the staff. Room was very quiet and the draperies actually closed completely (ever notice how some hotel room draperies are just a fraction of an inch too short to block out that last sliver of light)...

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter and get a room that isn't near the elevator (noisy).
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments! I was very pleased to hear you had zero complaints. It is rewarding to hear that everything was great, especially the staff, and that your room was quiet and the draperies closed properly. We are excited to announce that we will be under-going a rooms renovation in June 2013. This should be complete by the end of August 2013. New photos will be posted on our website shortly after the completion of the project. I'm positive that you will be even more pleased with our newly renovated rooms. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback! Scott Posvistak, General Manager
Rockford, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Very clean and modern lobby, nice staff, timely shuttle service from airport to hotel, bistro located in lobby for breakfast and dinner menus.
Only small problem for working in room is desk and chair adjustment. Both are very inconvenient, adjustable chair but does not go high enough to be comfortable. Air conditioning works well and it better, it was 103 degrees today.

Room Tip: Ask for room near lobby as hallways are long
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
scott_posvistak, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments. I was pleased to hear that you found our new lobby to be clean & modern, you enjoyed our new Bistro restaurant, and found the staff to be nice and shuttle service timely. We are excited to announce that we will be under-going a rooms renovation in June 2013. This should be complete by the end of August 2013. New photos will be posted on our website shortly after the completion of the project. I'm positive that you will find our newly renovated rooms just as clean and modern as our new lobby. The desk chairs will be replaced during our rooms renovation. I hope that you find these to be more user friendly than our current ones. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback! Scott Posvistak, General Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were at the Courtyard for four nights and enjoyed all of our stay. The hotel appears new from the lobby to the hallways, to the rooms and out to the grounds. One of the best features was the very friendly and helpful staff. Every employee with whom we came in contact was immediately interested in what they could do for us and how to make our stay nice. Our room, like all of the hotel was very clean. I was wondering if the close proximity to the airport would be a problem, but we never heard any noise from it at all. Two small drawbacks were no bathroom fan and a mini-fridge that was programmed to be "Eco-friendly" by turning itself down or off every 6 hours. However we will still stay here again for all of the other reasons mentioned.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony overlooking the pool and spa. It is delightful.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed the new lobby, friendly and helpful staff, and very clean room on your 4-night stay. We are excited to announce that we will be under-going a rooms renovation in June 2013. This should be complete by the end of August 2013. New photos will be posted on our website shortly after the completion of the project. I’m positive that you will find our newly renovated rooms just as clean and modern as our new lobby. You mentioned that our bathrooms were not equipped with fans. I wanted to mention how our system works as all bathrooms are equipped with fans that are tied into one central system for each wing. Therefore, the fans run quietly 24-hours a day making it unnecessary for wall mounted switches. I apologize for the confusion. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback! Scott Posvistak, General Manager
Cupertino, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed here after a 14hr day of driving across the southwest; a welcome reprieve. I love the newly remodeled Courtyard lobby with the modern furniture and layout, it's great for relaxing or working, lots of options on how you want to spread out. Staff was friendly and attentive, very consistent with what I've experienced at other Courtyards.

The only nit pick is the food, it's average at best, decent but average and it's a limited menu.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Was in the Tucson area for primarily business. Location of this Courtyard Marriot Tucson was ideal as it was in the middle of where I was commuting back and forth and close enough (walking distance) to the Burger King and Mexican takeout near by.

The Bistro was convenient for those evenings where I came back from work tired and needed something quick to either bring up or to pick up a quick beer during happy hour. Breakfast was ok, except for a couple of times, I had to wait a few minutes for my order to be served.
Staff was very responsive and accomondating. Checkin and Checkout were no issues at all. I did request for refrigerator that was able to store some extra bottled waters.

Overall, nice and comfortable. The only issue was the airplanes that would sometime "roar" by. I did have a 2nd floor room which I did not hear a pip from anywhere else. It probably would be noisier on the 1st or 3rd floor (closer to the airplanes flying)

Room Tip: Recommend a 2nd floor or higher to avoid the 1st floor noise and 3rd floor "airplane" nois...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!