“will stay again” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #83 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Apache Junction, Arizona
“will stay again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

This hotel was very easy access to I-10. It was a little older looking but clean. The rooms were very adequate and very clean. The breakfast wasn't much. The staff was helpful. It was great for the price.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

I am a little surprised at all the negative reviews this motel has gotten.
What do you expect for the price? ;-)
We did a road and stayed in six budget motels in six days and I found this motel to be a cut above the rest.
Very well run, and they did nickel and dime us for extra amenities…the Wi-Fi was free and it worked fine!
Dave - Seattle

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Appleton, WI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2011

This Super 8 is not up to the standards of others we have used especially for the $100+ rates for the NCAA crowd, we expected a lot more. The room was generally clean, but well worn. The grounds were dirty with cigarette butts in abundance. The breakfast was poor and the coffee too weak to drink - brew your own in the room. Then there is the road noise, so ask for a room in back if you must stay here. The WiFi was the worst ever, super slow and unreliable. We just gave up because it took so long to check e-mail. Stay somewhere else or don't pay more than $50-60/night.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

I've stayed at many Super 8 motels all over the country and this one falls way below the standard Super 8. The check-in while smooth, was not welcoming at all. The wi-fi was awful...constantly being dropped. We called several times to have them reset the modem, but it never lasted long. They offered us a cable to get a wired connection, but even that was unreliable. There was a fridge in our room, even though it makes plenty of noise, it never actually got cold - no matter what setting the dial was turned to. At the free breakfast there was an empty container of muffins and no sign of anyone at the front desk to restock it.
There are lots of other hotels neighboring this one with much cheaper rates...wish we were staying in on of those - we could save some money and probably have similar or better experience.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2009

Sheets did not look nor smell freshly washed. No coffee maker in room contrary to claim and no iron either, only ironing board. Couldn't access free wi-fi. Woke up in the middle of the night because I felt something was biting my legs. Saw some bug bites in the morning but never saw the bugs..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

If you book a reservation with Super 8 on-line and cannot make it for whatever reason, you *WILL* lose your money. All of it. No options. You are screwed.

I even called and all the person on the other end who could barely speak intelligible English could say was "You booked on line and there is no refund or rescheduling available with on line bookings." No "I'm sorry" or "Kiss my ...", just repeated the same line over and over.

I would have been happy with a reschedule or a credit for a later stay since we do plan on making the trip in the near future (wife's back went out the morning we were to leave).

When we do, we will NOT stay at ANY Super 8. That is as solid as their "no refund, no rescheduling" policy.

I have found out that if I'd booked directly with the hotel, they have a 24-hour before arrival cancellation policy. Of course, even that would not have helped in this situation.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Their lack of a cancellation policy
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
East Coast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

We should have heeded TA reviews. One night here was a nightmare. Filthy room with used soap bars in bath, blood stains on carpet and used sheets. Filthy common areas with construction debris, never swept, urin in stairwells, etc.

Wife & I aquired Scabies (mites in used sheets slept on by prior guests). Spent $70 for dermatologist and $45 for medicine to cure the intense itching and to kill the mites, so this turned out to be a very expensive room.

Woke in middle of night (2:30am) with loud party on 2nd floor with bodies slamming into walls, and looked out window to see hooker and pimp making deal with another man in pickup in the parking lot.

Worst motel we've ever stayed in. Should be investigated by AZ health inspectors, and removed from AAA and Trip Advisor list, except to warn travellers away.

Stayed September 2008

Been to Super 8 Tucson/I-10? Share your experiences!