“Awsome Restful Beds and Great Shower!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6801 S. Tucson Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85706 (Formerly HSL Airport Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #27 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Awsome Restful Beds and Great Shower!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson International Airport Hotel & Suites on our way to a funeral in Sells, Arizona. Because we had to make last minute arrangements, I mistakenly reserved and prepaid for a room on the wrong night! Thankfully, when we arrived near midnight the front desk quickly fixed my error and gave us the room we requested—2 Double beds.

The room was big and spacious with the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept on. And I am a preferred customer with CLUB CARLSON, SPG and HYATT Hotels! We were toward the back of the property and heard no noise during the night from airport traffic. Nice peaceful sleep.

It also features large LG Flatscreen with true HD programming including HBO. All the standards amenities are also included—coffeemaker, hairdryer, in-room safe, iron, bath gels and LED alarm clock. Plenty of outlets on the desk for phones and laptops, too.

The complimentary wi-fi was a big help planning our drive to Southern Arizona on State Highway 86 past Kitts Peak Observatory. Yes, the connection is fast. Make sure you are not being connected to HYATT PLACE next door—their signal is strong, too.

My traveling companion and I both commented on the superb shower with good strong pressure and soft mineral content. Plenty of towels were provided for us.

Breakfast the next morning hit the spot. I had egg omelets with cheese and sausage with toast I made myself. Also saw bagels, pastries, cereals, hot pancakes, yogurt and fruits. They have orange juice and apple juice along with coffee, tea and milk for drinks.

I would not hesitate to stay here again at such a great price for winter season in Tucson.

Room Tip: Ask for a room toward the back to be away from Airport traffic.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 520 746-3932.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tempe, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Very nice remodel job has taken place at this property. The rooms are a good size and the beds are very comfy. The only bad mark was for the breakfast which wasn't very good, plenty of breakfast spots in the area. Very close to the airport, lots of late night travelers, but still fairly quiet.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2013

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We arrived late at the hotel and was greeted by a friendly smile and great front desk attendant. She even offered me a bottle water upon arrival. The check in process was very easy and fast. She provided me with hours of breakfast, gym and a map to my room.
Upon walking to the room, you can still smell the fresh paint as the hotel has just undergone a brand change. My room upon entering felt clean, fresh and looked great. There is an awesome 42inch television in the room. The bed was comfortable and the amenities were nice (coffee maker, fridge, desk, etc). It was a quiet stay as I think I came in on a slow night.
In the morning, I went to have breakfast. The breakfast area is located inside the restaurant. They have the usual hot breakfast items (waffles, sausage patties, egg/cheese omlettes, coffee, juice, muffins, cereal). It was more than filling and didn't expect a made to order breakfast.
Checking out was really easy and was able to get my reciept immediatley. I would definitely stay here again and look forward to it the next time I am in town.
The airport is less than a mile away. The only downside is that there is no real close by shopping or restaurants, other than fast food places.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 30, 2013

Yucca Valley, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I normally stay at the Best Westerns in town but found that this one just opened so thought I'd give it a try.
Although it was another chain hotel that has been remodeled and looks nice it still has work to do on the details.
The first room I was given had a constant running toilet, so I was moved to another room. Even though the hotel was nearly empty the dates I was there they gave me a room at the far end of the hotel with a window facing the empty parking lot. So I was not thrilled with the room selection and thought the room was pretty expensive for what I got. The room was very basic but clean. However it did not have bath mats and the tub while showering is slippery. Slippery enough that it is very easy to fall. There also was not a shelf to put soap or anything on while showering.
The next day after checking in my key no longer worked and I had to trek all the way back up to the front desk to have it re-done.
The pool area is clean and very nice, and the pool was heated.
The breakfast was pretty small and not as advertised. They had premade omelettes that had been sitting out for quite sometime, they were rubber. You could make a waffle and they had bread and a few muffins, fruit, yogurt and cereal. This was probably the smallest selection of food I've ever seen at a Best Western. Thankfully there is a Denny's around the corner.
There is an attached restaurant to the hotel but I never saw anyone eating there during the nights I was there.
The staff was very, very friendly.
Over all, I'm uncertain about going back to this hotel. It was more expensive than the other two in town and didn't have nearly as many amenities as they do. But it is clean and if you need to be by the airport then I guess it would do.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 520 746-3932.
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

I attended a 70th Birthday celebration which was held At the hotel.From the time we checked in until we departed everyone was so nice and professional especially Vanessa At the front desk.The Rooms were done extremely well,also there is a small excercise room and internet use was free of charge.If I am ever in Tucson again I would definitely return to this Hotel.I highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Tucson.

• Stayed December 2012
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We stayed here Dec 9th - 12th and had a very good experience. The hotel has undergone a major face lift very recently since Best Western took over and has a lobby that is pretty impressive for a Best Western - very modern and classy looking. The staff were very courteous throughout our stay and we appreciated their attentiveness. Our double queen sized room had new beds and modern bedding (no yucky bed covers here!), new carpet, decent sized flat screen TV's and fresh paint. The bathroom was fine for us and very clean with enough space to spread all our things out. The breakfast was as advertised and the staff went to the trouble of making me really good scrambled eggs one morning. I used the new computers in the business center and the scanner fed multiple sheets in perfectly. The wi-fi was supposedly being upgraded but is good in the lobby and worked just OK in the room. The pool area is very nicely landscaped and if the weather had been warmer we probably would have enjoyed it some more. I was surprised that we enjoyed a good night's sleep with no airport noise at all during the night. We also did not hear any noise at all from trains and that is saying something after staying in several hotels in the Tucson area. We will be back very soon.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2012

Fort Carson, Colorado, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

This hotel was recently remodeled, and it really shows. We scored a suite for four nights at an amazing rate. The nicest room I've ever stayed in by far. Quiet, luxurious place. I'd stay there again!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

CarlosManzanaresGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Tucson Int'l Airport Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!