“it was wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #58 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
maui, hi
“it was wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2010

This place was great. I come for the gem show every year, and picked this spot because they had a good rate- and pretty good reviews. The rooms are better than most in tucson-(I have been coming every year since 1996) -I was really pleasantly suprised.

My only complaints would be that the shower didnt drain very good, and it made the tub alittle slippery as I did not use the maid service every day. (soap and conditioner residue)- the tv was really snowy, but I never called to see if they could fix it, didnt matter to me. The front desk has to answer the phones, so it got a bit busy up there, as they help the phone customer first before the person standing there. They really go out of their way for their guests though.

One night during my stay, my neighbors kids were literally bouncing off the walls. It was loud. I almost called the front desk, it was 10:00, but I brought ear plugs and used those to get to sleep. I heard the parents yelling at the kids to mellow down, so I figured they knew they were being rude. They only stayed one night. (THANK GOD)

It was relatively quiet otherwise. The beds and bedding were very nice. i stayed in a wetbar suite- it has a wet bar, small 2 burner stove, micro, fridge and some dishes to get you thru. big mirrored closet, nice work desk and ergonomic chair. room 263.

I am a picky eater- vegetarian- so I was not thrilled w/ the free breakfast. I live on maui, and we have GREAT coffee here, so I was not such a fan of the coffee they offered. I found an einstein brothers/starbucks combo down the street right next to a whole foods. Einstein bros makes good bagels, and nice coffee. Whole foods is a great health food place.

I had a wonderful overall experience here and will definately be back. Stay here with the knowlegde that you are getting a great place to stay. I think the bad reviewers must have been in a different place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

My job requires me to travel extensively throughout the state of Arizona and when I have to spend a lot of time in Tucson I always choose the Best Western Inn Suites. This hotel has always been my favorite place to stay. On this trip I spent three weeks at the hotel and each week something was wrong with the room that I was put into.

The first week was the worst. The microwave didn’t work in my room so I called the front desk and asked for something to be done. After about 45 minutes I had to call the front desk again because no one had shown up to help me. Finally, someone came into my room and checked the microwave. I simply asked to change out the microwave that way I wouldn’t have to change rooms and cause a problem. The maintenance person agreed and brought me another microwave. This microwave must have been sitting in a dirty tool shed because it was covered in dirt and the inside spinner plate was missing. The maintenance person just installed it and left. I was shocked but very tired and I am not a person who complains about anything. I figured I would clean it up after he left. The gentleman left and I tried to cook my frozen dinner… and it didn’t work! So once again I called the front desk and after another half hour I finally had a new microwave. The next morning I placed the “privacy please” sign on my door. I went out and completed another long day at work and when I returned to my hotel room, my room was cleaned. Someone entered my room when I asked for privacy! Anything that was opened was thrown away (I lost a half of a two liter soda and some popcorn flavoring) and my toothbrush was moved… the cleaning lady touched my toothbrush. I had to buy another one. What a horrible stay.

The second week was pretty bad as well. The microwave still didn’t work… I gave up at this point because I didn’t want to relive the microwave saga again.

The third week, I dared to open the refrigerator and I thought that maybe someone had died. The smell knocked me over. At this point I gave up on this hotel. There are plenty of nice, low priced hotels in Tucson… I would suggest choosing one of them. I sure will!

Thanks for listening.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Redmond, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

Small room and very close the roads
room breakfast very small too
expensive for this prestation
No recommend

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

I live in Tucson, and have frequently directed family and friends to the BW InnSuites. Everyone who stayed there loved it. This time it was my turn. Because of a sewer disater, we had to get out of our house for a few days, and stayed at the BW InnSuites. I love the rooms, particularly the quiet back of the hotel with views of the spectacular Tucson sunsets. I love the free computers in the lobby. The breakfasts offer tons of variety. Staff members were unfailingly helpful and cheerful. I also like the location (not just because it is close to my home), near stores, restaurants, minutes from three large shopping centers.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

We had a wonderful stay for a week. Amenities, everything fantastic. And the cleaning staff was so great to us that I gave them a pretty nice tip.
However my husbands IPod was lost along with his jacket. Through videotape, it was shown in the lobby. A woman discovered the coat and checked it out. She then turned it into the desk clerk. This was on the video. Luckily, she included a note to us that she had put the ipod back into the pocket and turned it into the front office along with the jacket. The wonderful woman at the counter remembers the exchange. She verified that the ipod was put into the managers office safe so it would not be stolen. The jacket with the note from the woman was given to us. The ipod had disappeared. Police reports have been made. The police know that it disappeared from the managers office. Best Western Foothills kept putting us off. (at times stating checking how insurance will work. Other times manager out of office, out of town.) We tried all reasonable means to cooperate. Now corporate Best Western tells us too much time has gone by. So sorry. Please stay again. Best Western actually covering for management stealing guest property! Do not stay at this hotel unless you have nothing to lose!

Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2009

We came to tucson for the weekend to look at house to possibly be moving. As a hotel guru myself iam very picky and observant.

This is an excellent best western as we know they are NOT all nice!

PROS!!!!!!
*Excellent Location
*Breakfast is wonderful (includes eggs, sausage, home fries and much more)
*Hotel has social hour with 2 free alcoholic drinks
*Hotel has cafe with meals
*Village inn & dominons pizza deliver to the hotel
*Rooms are clean and well updated
*Rooms have TONS of light sockets for chargers and all that stuff
*Housekeeping gives you bath & body works products
*Room includes a 5X or so magnifying mirror
*Rooms have ALOT of lights
*Sheets are excellent and made up so you are not touching the blankets and stuff (**NICELY DONE**)
*Housekeeping staff is so nice
*All different types and kinds of rooms
*Has 3 lobby computers
*Free Secure WIFI
*Room has cloud 9 pillows and beds

CONS!!!
*Walls are kind of thin (can hear noise from outside)
*Front desk staff could use improvement
*Shower is not that great
*Stingy on water
***cant think of much more .. hehe

Its WORTH the money and is a great place to stay. !!
i would HIGHLY recommend it

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Brea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 2 nights while on a recent trip to AZ and NM. Warrived late at night without reservatios. The front-desk person quoted us a price, and then went ahead and upgraded our room to a mini-suite. The mini-suite looked newly renovated and had a fridge and microwave as well as little cooktop and some utensils. The breakfast was very nice and included many items (scrambled eggs, potatos, cereals, self-serve belgian waffles, fruit and breakfast meats. All in all we had a very nice stay. I will stay there again!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!