“good rooms, common areas lacking” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6201 North Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85704   |
Announcement
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #48 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“good rooms, common areas lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Have stayed here before and have felt its a good deal. Room was clean and nicely appointed, beds comfortable, air conditioning (a must in Tucson in June!) working well. Carpet is stained and should be replaced. This is a good spot if you're staying more than 1 night. Refrig., micro, outside BBQ and pool available, plus "social hour" and better than average breakfast.
The area around the pool, BBQ and breakfast area needs more attention: someone should be there cleaning up tables, towels, etc. as you end up clearing away other peoples messes. Know this is their slow season so staffing is probably down, but still would make a higher rating if common areas were as well kept as rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thanks for your review and your comments, I will speak with my housekeeping staff regarding the public area's and cleaning of tables, area's, etc., you have a good point. Thanks again and see you soon. Sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel was recommended by the dealership when my husbands truck broke down. We enjoyed the hotel from the time we were picked up by the hotels shuttle service. The driver was informative about the amenity's of the hotel.Check-in went smoothly and we got a nice rate.The room was Beautiful! Nice & spacious with a nice wet-bar. We were surprised at how quite our room was. The beds were very comfortable.We were able relax and get peaceful sleep.The hotel staff was so nice & helpful. The front desk clerk, maid service, shuttle driver and the attendant in breakfast cafe (PJ's). By the way the breakfast was Delicious! We would recommend this hotel to anyone. If we ever travel in this area again we definitely will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review, when your our guest because of a vehicle breakdown, my job is to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, so you can get some rest and back on the road as soon as you can. Come back soon but on vacation, LOL. Thanks again!!
Lordsburg, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel many times before but last night was a disaster. Upon checking in around 1pm we discovered we could no longer get a suite with a cash deposit.. Not sure why? What's the difference? The woman checking us in was also very rude about our requests for a downstairs room and in general. We got stuck in the worst room we have even been in here at this hotel. Room (272). I hate being upstairs anyhow. Its hard on my knees and I was traveling with a 2 & 5 year old. Upon entering the room it was 85 degrees in there! Tucson is hot! I'm all for saving electricity but entering a hot room was unbearable. I turned the cooler all the way down to 60 and there was hardly any air blowing out at all. After three grueling hours my husband called the front desk to see if we could switch to a room that was more comfortable for my family and to send up a crib and bedding for my little one. The woman told my husband she had nothing left available because of our cash deposit and someone would be up right away with a crib. Two hours later someone finally brought us the crib but failed to bring the bedding. Uh HELLO is my baby just supposed to sleep in a pack n play with no pillow, sheets, or blankets? Some common sense could have been used here. My family and I had left to go eat dinner and such and when we got back there was still no bedding sent up and our room was at 80 degrees several hours later. I went down to the office to see if I could just get some bedding since it was late (10pm) and my baby was getting fussy. She told me I would have to wait and someone would bring it up shortly. My husband called the front desk 3 times to get the bedding after I asked again for it. She rudely told my husband that she couldn't bring the bedding till later because she was waiting on a guest to arrive. HELLO!! Who cares about someone getting there. I asked for something 10 hours ago. My needs should have been met in a timely matter. She didn't bring the bedding till 1 am. My daughter wouldn't go to sleep in our bed because she is so used to her crib. We did enjoy the pool and breakfast is always good except its very busy and not much seating. Could use a decent high chair with buckles that work. There is a Village Inn right next door that gives you 20% off if your a hotel guest and there food is really good. I am not sure that we will stay here again due to all these inconveniences.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
After learning more about this guest and their abusive and disruptive behavior, I want it to be publicly known that I have several written statements from other guest and employees that these people, who registered in 267, not 272 were abusive, violent and were placed on a do not rent list that I keep for this type of behavior. Non of the items listed was true and have several written statements from other guest who not only were witness to the verbal attacks but were then subject to the same from the woman. I am very confident in my staff and their abilities but this whole situation stemmed from our policy not to accept cash for suites and spa rooms, enough said, this is the type of element, that cash paying business generates. This would be a much better place if people treated each other as they wish to be treated, Good riddance. Sincerely, John Cousins General Manager
Tucson, Arizona, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

We chose the Hotel because of location and the Spa suite. We were enroute to the Phoenix airport by 5am the next morning. The wakeup call was on time and the checkout went smoothly. The amenities were pleasant and the location was near several restaurants. The Spa itself was clean, and extremely pleasant.
Had a great time

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your review and kind words, hope you visit for next years anniversary:):)
Sincerely
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

On the whole a great stay. on checkin the gal seemed quite inconvenienced by my request to change the floor she had assigned me to but all the other staff were great and the hotel is lovely, witha great breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you very much for your review, if you could email me your room number and c/o date to jcousins@innsuites.com, I would like to address the attitude you got when switching rooms, my view is "Yes I can" with a smile, that is how you should have been addressed. Thanks again
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was there by myself and had a room in the back. It was really nice. I wasn't at all nervous about it. The rooms have really nice mini kitchens and are very impressive. It was modern, clean and a great buffet breakfast. I felt very comfortable here and would stay there again, as I have before.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for the nice review, many of our guest prefer the back side away from Oracle Road, tends to be less traffic and quieter. See you again soon. Sincerely,

Been to BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!