“Convenient & Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6201 North Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85704   |
Special Offer
1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #49 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Sierra Vista, AZ
“Convenient & Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This is an older hotel and so it does need updating. You can't expect to find new and fresh items in your room. However, it's a lovely place to stay if you are wanting to spend the weekend shopping. It's conveniently located to the Tucson Mall, Foothills Mall, and the Encantada Mall. I love staying here because its not as expensive as the resorts in the area - you get to spend that money on shopping - and it's comfortable. I love their huge mature trees and lush landscaping. On our last stay here a bee came flying in - we called the front desk and in no time two men came in and took care of the bee. It's a busy place and very popular, so you need to make your reservations well ahead of time. The last time we stayed there I made the reservations on short notice and was given the very last room which had a king size bed - I needed a two bed room. But I had no choice. It wasn't their fault. You will enjoy the atmosphere - the mature lush landscaping - and the breakfast area - which is in the middle of the complex. At night you can go to this building and have drinks and sit outside. I really like that about it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for the nice review and great advertisement! It’s because of repeat guest as yourself that lead to our success and strong business levels. Hope to see you again soon! Sincerely,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

What a great place to stay, although it was North of downtown, it offered a lot for the price that was charged. Stayed in a very nice suite, had a great social hour, and fantastic full breakfast the next morning. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. We will definitely go back and stay the next time we go to Tucson. It is a older facility, but the staff more than made up for any minor problems with the room. Great restaurants are very close....

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks you so much for the kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I needed a get away this past weekend and wanted to head to Tucson to be close enough to our grandson, yet far enough to enjoy some alone time together. This location was like a "Hidden Gem"! Location was central to everything quick and easy! It had a wonderful breakfast buffet in the mornings and the hours were pretty extended, (not your typical 6 to 8am) and the Social hour was nice...with (2) free drinks and snacks. Pool was nice and not overly busy. Hot tub was working nicely also. We had a king room, but was upgraded per the request of the receptionist Lynn to a king room with a sofa sleeper. We asked which room was larger, the 2 queen bed room or king room because we needed room for our grandson to crawl around in, and she graciously upgraded us to the king room with the sofa sleeper as it was a larger room to accomodate our needs. Room also had a stove, fridge and microwave to top things off! This was a very nice gesture on their behalf. Will be back again soon!

Room Tip: Request a room upstairs and on the inside of the property. We had a room on the bottom floor facing...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review. Please tell others so we aren't so hidden, LOL. Thanks again and regards.
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked here hoping for a cut above the normal Best Western and were disappointed. Our suite really showed its age. The cabinetry in the kitchen was broken, the grout on the tiled bathroom floor was filthy, and there was a spiderweb between the bedside lamp and the dated window treatment that was there for our entire stay, which shows that housekeeping is not cleaning beyond making the bed. We requested a quiet location, and were given a bottom floor end unit, so parking lot noise plus noise from above and beside were an annoyance. The breakfast area was average, dated in decor. Had to ask for peanut butter. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are planning on updates beginning this summer, carpet, furniture, etc., but it can't come quick enough. Hope you can call me next time and give us another chance at you business. Sincerely,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We have actually stayed at this hotel a year and a half ago. The location is incredibly convenient to the relatives we were visiting in Tucson. Not luxury accommodations, but neat and clean, polite staff. I like the refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast is hearty fare. We stayed towards the end of spring break and the kids were whooping it up in the pool area, and the front desk graciously changed our room to a much quieter location. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a room away from the pool and breakfast room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thanks so much for the nice review, hope you visit again soon!
Sincerely.
Wickenburg, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed one night and had a good night's sleep in a clean, comfortable room on the second floor. The hotel property is showing its age in a few spots where the paint has peeled along the decks and it's a bit confusing to navigate with the location of the stairs. The "free" breakfast was adequate with the standard eggs, cereals and breads. The bread selection was kind of skimpy; I missed having a bagel, though there were fresh bananas. Other freebies included a newspaper and happy hour with 2 drinks, popcorn, and chex mix. The exercise room was standard and all equipment was working.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for your review and comments, it gives me good conversation pieces for the owner on capital renovations. Sincerely,
Hayle, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I had originally booked a two night stay for Saturday 27th April in one of the Presidential Suites as a surprise for my wife. We would have been travelling for three weeks by this time. At check in I was greeted by an unsmiling and offhand young lady who directed me to room 404 (I think). The room was ok but up 20 steps at the side of the building. After three weeks travel you seem to accumulate more stuff than you start with and I couldn't be bothered to carry luggage upstairs. I was also irritated by the manner I had been dealt with. I returned to the office and requested an ordinary room downstairs. Another guest was in front of me asking about his rate. He was told in a very supercilious manner that it couldn't be discussed. I don't know the circumstances but nobody should be addressed in this way. When my turn came there was no query as to why and no offer to reduce the charge from the suite price until I asked. This was by $10. We checked out the room,111, which was ok. I returned to the office and said the reason I wanted to change rooms was because of the stairs and no elevator to the best rooms in the hotel. The young lady told me that I should have requested help prior to arriving as help would have been available then. How are you supposed to know? I got a further $10 of the rate and returned to the room. I checked the hotel guide and read that assistance was available on request. My wife said she wanted to leave as soon as possible so I returned to the office and cancelled the second night. Regarding the hotel it appeared clean and well maintained. There is a very nice pool area and the breakfast is excellant with very friendly and efficient staff. The lady on the desk in the morning could not have been more helpful or pleasant. Both young ladies on reception had a definite attitude problem that afternoon. Perhaps a guest had been rude to them and they were upset. I have never encountered anything but pleasantness from front desk staff in thirty years of visiting North America, perhaps I have been lucky, but this has put me off coming to this Inn Suites again. This is the reason I have only given two stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and review, I hope travel brings you back our way and hope you will call me direct for your lodging needs.

Been to BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!