“Call Before You Reserve” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6201 North Oracle Road, Tucson, AZ 85704   |
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #47 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Henderson
“Call Before You Reserve”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from Wednesday, April 3 to Sunday, April 7. The room was pretty nice (although you have to be over 6 feet tall to comfortably use the sink. It's much too high). The breakfast buffet was pretty good - the breakfast servers were very friendly. The evening social hour was a very nice added touch - the servers were very friendly. The pool area is very nice.
On Friday, the place was overrun with hoards of kids, very unruly kids and parents who let the kids remain unruly. On Saturday, it was much the same. The kids were in Tucson for some kind of competition. It seems that the sales manager at this hotel went out of her way to solicit their business, without regard to any other guests. It made for a miserable 2 days. On Saturday morning, we mentioned all of this to the front desk. They made a note of our displeasure. Other guests had complained also. On Saturday evening, I called the front desk to once again complain, particularly about the very, very loud noise level. (This hotel has a 10PM curfew) Nothing was done at the time of my call. However, at 10PM the noise did cease. On Sunday, upon checkout, I once again complained to the front desk about all the noise and the kids. I suggested that if the sales manager wanted to solicit this kind of business, that she should sleep at the hotel and experience what the other guests had to deal with. I was compensated with a discount because of the inconvenience.
I would consider staying at this hotel again, but would call before to see if this type of situation was going to repeat itself.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, we do host many groups including youth groups. I do hope you will try us again in hte future for your lodging needs:)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

During this same visit to Arizona, we stayed at the Best Western Plus in Tempe by the Mall and were totally satisfied with our 3 separate stays. Unfortunately, we were not as pleased with our stay at this hotel. My first disappointment was with the desk clerk. When I asked her for directions to Mountain Park where we had seen sunsets years back, she replied that she had lived in the area for many years and had never heard of Mountain Park. I now realize that the park is called Tucson Mountain Park. Really? Is that so different? We were told that the restaurant next door was quite good. It was awful. The food was a step down from airline food. We received our order so quickly that my turkey dinner must have been cooked in a microwave. Once settled in our room, we began the search for the remote. The air was blowing so strongly that it was difficult even to look. We called for the maintenance man, and I must say that he came quickly and was very nice. He brought a new remote and tried to work the thermostat. The covers were very thin and what had been done apparently did not fix the heating problem, consequently, I froze. Fortunately, the next morning began more positively. The breakfast was terrific including freshly made scrambled eggs and sausage plus a wide variety of other choices. The person in charge of breakfast was very friendly. At least it was an easy ride from this hotel to Sabino Canyon which we really enjoyed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
Thank you for your comments, we will be reviewing at our next staff meeting, you make some good points.
Covina, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We had a wonderful experience at this hotel. They have a Happy Hour every night with free beer, Wine and soda. Mixed drinks are available. Snacks are provided. They even have a popcorn machine. The first Wednesday of the month they do a BBQ. Breakfast was excellent. Fruit, cereal, eggs biscuits and gravy. The room was clean a must for me. The staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay here again without hesitation. Village Inn is right next door and a Starbucks is a block down the street.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the reviw, always great to hear of such an enjoyable experience. Look forward to your return! Sincerely,
Long Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was visiting the National Parks and stayed at this hotel because it was supposably the cheapest of the Best Western chain in the city. Unfortunately Best Western raises its prices as the day goes on ... so much for customer loyalty ... the price increased from 70$ to $100. The hotel is multistory in a part of town where there is very little to do. The room was very comfortable and clean ... important if you have allergies as I do. It is not a very cozy hotel as it is rather large .... the front office is in a separate building from the actual rooms.

Room Tip: book early as they raise the rates
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thanks for your review. Please don't take this wrong that we do appreciate your business but rates are based on demands and availability, next time call me directly and I'll see how I can assist you in maintaining a rate that would be to you approval. Thanks again and regards,
Kingman, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Upon arrival, the desk clerk was friendly and professional. When we entered the room, I was pleasantly surprised at how well appointed this room was. It seems to have had renovations done, which were just superb! The room was decorated to create a soothing, relaxing atmosphere.

Someone really took the time to pay attention to the details. There was a very comfortable bed, a comfy chair with an ottoman (this was a nice, homey touch). The mini kitchen was very well thought out and put together, and included a microwave, a mini refrigerator, a mini stove, a one cup coffee maker (although we sure do prefer the small 4 cup pots, instead, too much fussing to make one cup at a time).

We were grateful to find a decent place that will accommodate us smokers!

The little breakfast offered in the morning was very quaint, and they offer not just a muffin, but scrambled eggs, potatoes, biscuits and gravy (which were very good!) juices, coffee and assorted pastries. I would LOVE to see more hotels do this for guests, hot food in the morning without having to go search for it, what an AWESOME concept!

The lobby features computers for customer use, that is a HUGE plus, I'm an online retailer, and checking stats while taking a little getaway was just what I needed to relax and enjoy my time there.

The only thing that was hugely disappointing was that we rented a jacuzzi room, as I had an injury and really needed the soak. The one in our room was sadly disappointing, as it was tepid, not hot, and the jets didn't really work. It also had a strange smell and was "foamy". Not to worry, I decided to use the one at the pool the next day. Another BIG disappointment, because the jets there didn't work, either. In a conversation with other guests, they stated that they'd been coming to this hotel for ten years, and it's been broken like that for YEARS. Bummer!

For all the good things this nifty, clean and well appointed place has, they need to fix their jacuzzi problems. Something that has been amiss for years is just...wrong!

Don't pay extra for a jacuzzi room, you'll be sadly disappointed. However, I would return to this lovely little place if just traveling and not concerned with the jacuzzis.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the jacuzzi suite, you'll be sorely disappointed.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you very much for the positive and constructive review, it's always great to hear such wonderful remarks on your stay and our staff. I do hope you could drop me an email and let me know which spa room you were in so I can have my staff check on the blower pump. Thanks again!! Sincerely,
Pocatello
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Attempted to check in on time, as to enjoy some pool time in the afternoon, but instead we waited 1 1/2 hours until our room was ready. The staff was less than apologetic. Upon checking into our room we had a maid barge into our room unannounced, yelling at us that we weren't supposed to be in the room. No one had told her it was rented, but again very unapologetic. Rude staff.
Balcony was filthy, carpet was frayed, and ceiling tiles around heating vent was old and falling down. The main grounds were a bit dirty and unkept. Won't ever stay there again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to competing your review. I hope you would email me and paste your review with your room number and dates of stay so I can followup on area's that need correcting.
Thanks again and regards,
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Checked in on Feb. 13. Went to room and it was filled with ashtrays and the smell of cigarette smoke. Checked room # and it had no smoking symbol. Complained and was told that we did not request a no smoking room and that is what I get for going through a third party reservation system. We have not had this problem ever. They told me they had no more non-smoking rooms. I told them it was unacceptable as the room itself indicated it was a no smoking room. Finally the Manager John Cousins came to our rescue. Told me that the owner wants a % of rooms to be smoking and they have failed to change the signs. He offered an upgrade since we were only overnight. It was the Presidential Suite. It was fabulous. If he had not stepped in the hotel would have been a 0. I think the hotel needs to inform third party reservation agents of their policy and change the rooms to reflect it.

Room Tip: Would suggest you always make it known that you want non-smoking. We used price line and this was th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Thanks for your review and comments. I am so glad that I was able to respond to your concerns during your visit and we together, made it a pleasant stay. Please visit again soon, sincerely

Been to BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!