Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
Ranked #56 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Usa
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We recently stayed here for 3 nights and for the most part were happy with our stay. Free breakfast, wifi & parking plus a free social hour....drinks & snacks every night....make this a good value place to stay. Very good location, very nice staff. Our only complaint would be that our room was facing the pool/breakfast & social spot and in the morning starting about 6:00am it got a little noisy....not a spot for late sleepers. I would return here but request a room away from the pool area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your time in providing your review. On your next visit, please let me know in advance and I'll be happy to preblock you away from the breakfast area, we have alot of early risers enjoying our comp breakfast . See you soon and thanks again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Boston,MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western for 5 nights in room 159, which was one of the Jacuzzi suites. We originally booked a suite for our family of 4. The sofa bed mattress was so thin and the springs were coming through the mattress, and the sheets on the mattress looked dirty. Our kids couldn't sleep there so we had to book a second room. Luckily the room next door was available. So that was an extra expense we didn't expect. The manager took some money off the rate of the second room. Once the kids were out of the room, there the room size was adequate. However, the room lacked some basic features. There was no dresser to put our clothes so we lived out of our suitcase for 5 days. The closet for hanging clothes was tiny, basically a cupboard that the TV was on top of. This room was very tired, old couch, there was a bar with a small kitchen area that had a stove top from 1970. The bar took up 1/2 the room and didn't offer much utilitarian use. This room should be redesigned with a closet and dresser drawers. There was also a faint odor of cigarette smoke. The first morning we went to eat breakfast at the restaurant. They were out of everything, even coffee. The restaurant was a mess. We mentioned this to the manager. Luckily, right next door was a restaurant, The Village Inn (see my review). The next morning things at the BW restaurant were better: cleaner, food well stocked and fresh. The pool area was nice but the outdoor hot tub wasn't a full-powered jacuzzi. The locks on the window did not feel very secure. Being on the first floor, this was a concern. This room was relatively quiet, since we faced the side parking lot. But the walls were very thin, so you could hear any time a neighbor took a shower or ran the hot tub. On the plus side, the bed was very comfortable and clean and the jacuzzi worked well. The shower, tub and toilet were clean and very well maintained. Once our kids were no longer in the room, the size was adequate and comfortable for the two of us. Although the room didn't meet our expectations, overall we were comfortable and got a good night sleep each night.
The kids were in the room next door (Room 157) with two queen beds. This was a very nice room, appeared to be newly renovated. The kitchen area had a granite countertop and was more functionally placed. The room also had a full bureau set, which we could have used in our room.
As a comparison, the price we paid, and even with a discount, this was more expensive and smaller space then the Marriott Suites that we stayed at in Phoenix. Location wise, the hotel is convenient to both Oro Valley and downtown Tucson, on Oracle road. We did report all of our complaints to the manager who seemed apologetic and provided a discount for the inconvenience and expense of having to book the second room.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the side or back parking lot are alot quieter then those facing the pool. Jacuzzi Suit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for your review, your suggestions will be brought up to our owners for their review.
sincerely,
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I really had a great time at this hotel. It met all of my needs and beyond. The rooms had a great set-up with a king size bed and a stove if you wanted to make your own food. They had a cafe that served free hot breakfast which helped me get ready for the long business days I had. The staff were very courteous and polite as well. I highly recommend this hotel for travel, business, or just pleasure.

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind review, I'll make sure to share with all staff! We look forward to having you return soon, safe travels abd regards,
Gulfport, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The staff was outstanding. Room was clean. Layout was a bit unusual with the shower/toilet removed from the sleeping area where the sink was located. our room was a bit noisy as we were directly by the stairs. overall a good value.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your kind review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Sincerely,
Richmond, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed three nights during the Gem and Mineral Show in Tucson. The hotel was great! The room was clean and comfortable, especially the bedding. The mattresses were plush and cozy, and the pillows just right for me. There was plenty of hot water, a clean bathtub, and nice towels. The Internet connection was plenty fast for doing the bit of work I needed to do, and allowed more than one connection at a time, which was helpful.

We liked the breakfast buffet a lot! There was a full breakfast available, with self-serve waffles, scrambled eggs and sausage, biscuits and gravy, along with cereals, juice, toast... all the breakfast things! We were very glad to not have to leave the hotel for breakfast before going to the shows. The hotel is not near the downtown area and most of the shows, but we liked the area a lot. The breakfast room was very crowded,which required some patience, but there was always enough food and everyone was pleasant.

The street it's on is lined with strip malls, so anything you might need is easily available. The closer area had many restaurants; our three dinners in local spots were all excellent. In short, I really liked this hotel, and will certainly book it again for next year's show.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the review, we look forward to your return next year for the Gem and Mineral show! Sincerely,
Phoenix, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

What a disgusting hole. I would not even want my dog to stay in a hotel like this. The "non-smoking" room had a strong disgusting stench of smoke. When I called the front desk to complain the front desk clerk had her little son with her awake at 1:30 am and this child (age 5ish) answered the phone. I was shocked. She would have moved me but I seriously doubt that another room would have been any cleaner or would have stunk less. I just wanted to make sure they didn't charge me the $200 charge for smoking in the room. As a matter of fact why would they charge $200 and then not even bother cleaning out the stench? The carpet by the toilet was all wet. The TV didn't work. There was no Do Not Disturb sign and that would not have mattered as the housekeeping carts roll by all morning long starting at 6am and the tile floor and cheap windows make the noise very loud. We got about 4 hours sleep at best in this place. The GM in the morning didn't want to write me a note that I would not be charged the $200 but I persisted and he jotted it down on the back of his business card. Also if you are handicapped forget about breakfast as there is no handicapped access to the breakfast area which was WAY too small. Oh and regarding breakfast - I suggest you not eat it as they just reheat the leftovers every day. I got a sausage that must have been missing the daily grab and got reheated at least 10 times as it was rock hard and very nasty. Again not even fit for my dog.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the breakfast/pool/laundry area if you want any sleep at all but better yet...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I was hoping when I discussed your experience upon checkout, you would have taken the time to express your unhappiness but you appeared to be in too much of a hurry. I would hope you email me when you get a chance so I can sent you a gift certicticate to use at any of our InnSuites Hotels through out the southwest. I hope to hear from you again.

Been to BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!