“Family Emergency Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites
GreenLeadersBronze level
hurley, new mexico
“Family Emergency Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This trip was an emergency trip. My son lives in Tucson AZ and he was robbed and left beat up pretty bad Since I was short on cash I called the Innsuites location and asked if they could give me a really cheap rate or if I could use my 2 for 1 coupon seeing how this was an emergency. The room that we were given was a bit small and beat up. The heat diden't work good and the shower flooded the enitre bathroom. However, I didn't expect too much seeing how they were doing me a favor.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Thanks for the review, glad we could assistance.

343 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Saint Georges, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel is very well situated just outside the City; prices are reasonable for the quality of the rooms. We were there for only one night. Nothing to say about the breakfast included and the quality of the reception. Only problem which is independent of the hotel is the noise outside the rooms; people slamming their door, car alarm going off at 3:30am. Apart of this, we had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your time and review, spend a little more time with us next time and enjoy the breakfast, its one of our best values!! Sincerely,
Marana, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This Best Western is very much worth considering, especially if you can take advantage of the weekly rates.

There are a wide range of room types available. The rooms are clean and reasonably spacious. The TVs are sizable and quite good. There's a far better than average breakfast available daily (although like most complementary breakfasts at most hotels it doesn't change very much from day to day) and there's also a complementary happy hour every evening. Phone calls, both local and long distance are free as is the Arizona Daily Star newspaper.

Room Tip: Try to get a suite (there are many choices) and definitely check to see if the weekly rates will wor...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for the kind review, InnSuites has a strong belief in added value service and amenities!
Sincerely
Dripping Springs, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We stayed here overnight in December. I will never stay here again. Initially I thought we got a great price on the room at $80. I was wrong. This room was one of the worst hotel rooms I've ever stayed in. I couldn't wash my hair or even shower much because the shower head had two settings- bad and worse- pinpoint and wild water. The shower head badly needs replacement. The water doesn't drain well in the tub. The toilet got clogged and we couldn't have it repaired because it was the middle of the night. The hotel was loud. There were holes in the curtains. We heard doors slamming late into the night and early in the morning. There was road noise. There were holes and screws in the walls. The ceiling was in disrepair. As I said before, I would never stay here again and would never recommend this hotel to anyone. In my opinion this Best Western is not worthy of the Best Western "Plus" name.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Good Day and thanks for the comments. It would be real helpful if you could provide the suite number you were in so I could have my staff address the issues you discussed. Thanks again and I hope you do give me a chance to "right" the situation, contact John the Manager at the hotel directly. Sincerely,
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here to save money while attending a conference at the Westin LaPaloma. It was only four miles from that hotel and definitely the closest cheaper lodging. I paid about $80 a night which included wi-fi, a small and cold breakfast buffet, a few drinks during a cocktail hour though I didn't use that, local calls, lounge with a fireplace and business center, etc. The room was well-furnished with a microwave, fridge, new flat screen TV, iron and board, and new, comfortable bedding. Unlike the Westin or Loews, it was not in a very serene setting, located on a major north-south roadway in the foothills but the area was OK.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for your review. With our position in the Tucson Foothills, we are a great alternative to the high priced resorts with many of our own extra's and added valued services. Sincerely,
Yogaville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Lovely property with lots of amenities including pool, tennis courts, snack bar. Rooms are very nice. Super comfortable beds. Big flat screen tv. Very clean and well appointed. Above average breakfast bar in separate restaurant building. Room entries are all from the outside, so make sure to request a 1st floor room if you don't want to use stairs to the second floor rooms. Nice commercial area with lots of stores and restaurants, but very close to the mountains which dominate most of the views.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for the kind review, Superior Customer service is Best Western's Mission Statement and always attempting to meet that expectation for all our guest!. Sincerely,
Everett, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed in the Madison Presidential Suite #401 for 7 nights 11/15-11/21/12. With the exception of a few minor details (that didn't affect the quality of my stay), I would've given 5 stars.

The location couldn't have been better for me. I was visiting my sister, and her home was about 3 miles from here. There is a Whole Foods, a Frost Gelato, Starbucks, Einstein Bagels, and several nice restaurants close by in a somewhat boutique mall. A Trader Joe's, Safeway, Sprouts Natural Store, the Tucson Mall (& Foothills Mall), The Good Egg, and other restaurants are nearby as is the Tohulo Chul Park. And, to my accidental surprise, it's not even that far from the University area downtown. The drive from the airport was ballpark 20 minutes.

My suite was large, clean, and in the 21st century as to decor. The ceilings were high with cornices; there were flat screen TVs in both the living room & bedroom (with a larger than normal selection of channels including HBO). The living room had a comfy chair and couch with desk and appropriate side/coffee tables. The kitchenette had a granite bar with two pub chairs, a mini-fridge, microwave, and 2-burner stove. There was a jet tub (which my niece loved) in the bathroom.

I never had any problems with any of the fixtures or equipment in the room.

The bedroom had a comfy king bed, armoire, table/chair, full length mirror and the vanity area (with granite and full wall mirror over the vanity area). The amenities were not name brand but very nice. There is an ironing board & iron behind the bedroom door.

I slept very well every night I was here, and didn't detect any external noises at all that bothered me. I woke to my alarm every morning, not to anything else, even though they were fully booked the weekend I was there due to a biking event. And yes, the curtains are black out. My 12 year old niece spent two nights with me and said she heard some voices in the parking lot below one night, but then she also said I snored so what does she know?

Opening from the bedroom was a large, for a hotel at this price, "terrace" with clay-tiled floors, lattice/iron table and three chairs. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this terrace - what a nice spot to sit and relax with a beer after a day of touristing. Granted, as to view, the Village Inn was right next door, but the mountains and palm trees were right beyond it so I didn't much care about the Inn. The sunset & shadows on those foothills were wonderful.

As to the Village Inn, I never ate there myself, but did get takeout for my niece one night. We went there ballpark 9:30 p.m. and were welcomed with stellar service for our small order of chicken strips takeout. Mind you, this was the night before Thanksgiving (heavy pie order day) and still treated like we were the only ones there even though it was a takeout request and the place was busy.

Housekeeping was great - I didn't request it every day but when I did I got new everything even though I was staying over a week. When I requested just extra coffee, I got a nice note and more than I asked for (yippee!). Every day I requested housekeeping, there was a new bottle of water (with no additional charge - usually when I've stayed at hotels there's water, but with a price tag).

All the Front Desk staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. There are free daily papers at the front desk. My niece took a good long evening swim in the heated pool - there are little white lights wrapped up the nearby palm trees and plenty of chairs around the pool. There is also a free breakfast & manager's afternoon reception (and a washer/dryer nearby) and tennis courts, but I didn't partake in any of these amenities.

This is the first "business center" (next to the check in area and in the path to the conference room) that I ever used where I didn't have a single problem. The computer started up lickety- split and the printer printed asap and that was wonderful. I never had to wait as there are several computers and never suffered any frustration whenever I used it.

Overall, this was a perfect fit for my trip to visit my sister and her family. It was rather like having my own small, comfortable apartment in a convenient area. I paid $99.00 a night for my stay here and, I think, perfectly priced. I traveled alone, and always felt safe. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Some things for fussbudgets to consider:

This is a two-story hotel with no elevator and exterior access.

This is not in a "walking" area. In other words, it's more in an outer area from downtown Tucson so you're not likely to enjoy a walk to anywhere close and more amendable for those with a car (but convenient to much with a car). Also, this is an exterior door hotel (although I always felt safe).

One reason I didn't utilize the pool and breakfast is that from 401 it's a walk across the Village Inn parking lot then thru the parking lot for another of the BW wings before you get there. I usually go get it and bring it back to my room but wasn't up for that so just got a muffin the night before from Whole Foods and asked for extra coffee packets. There are, however, many rooms much closer.

Now, for those minor details (all I believe to be simple to change):

There are some spots on the exterior hall ceiling en route to 401 that have peeled & the drywall (?) has speckled to the floor a bit and been rubbed into the tiles. It didn't affect my stay, but it just doesn't look good and makes one wonder before they get into the room. The painted color scheme overall is very nice, so this was a wee bit distracting (I didn't notice this anywhere else).

I moved the little coffee pot off the top of the microwave onto the counter and it didn't work. It did work when I moved it back up on top of the microwave. Problem with the cord maybe?

There may be invisible tub floor anti-slip adhesives, but I always feel so much better if there's also a mat (maybe that's just me).

It took me a few days to realize I could indeed open both veranda doors and only then did I notice a few tears in the bottom part of the right side black out curtain there.

I don't think 401's terrace light is working (or I couldn't figure it out).

I would recommend some additional front door weatherproofing (you could see a line of light under the door. Also, you have to double check that the door is really closed when you leave the room as it doesn't at first close "stick."

I love extra blankets (northwesterner that I am) and was disappointed there were none in the room the first night. The next day I asked for two extra blankets and they were promptly delivered with two extra pillows (yippee again!). Just might be nice to have at least one set in the room available for that first night if needed.

Also, I used two exterior waste bins while I was there - one outside the Front Office & the one closest to 401. Both were full the first time I used them. They were both still full several days later when I tried to use them again.

Might be worth consideration to update the alarm clocks to include an I-Pod dock. I brought a travel dock, and was glad I did.

I never could find the closest ice machine.

And, lastly, this is a little thing, but with all my friendly, efficient interactions with staff, no one ever asked my how my stay was - it would've been icing on the cake.

Again, I want to reiterate that my stay was made better by my accommodations and that I would absolutely stay here again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Several Presidential Suites were over the Front Office so a ways from the amenities.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
JohnCousins, General Manager at BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you so much for the very detailed review, more than a AAA and brand inspector combined, Wow! It was a pleasure to have such a professional stay with us. Please come back and visit soon. sincerely,

Been to BEST WESTERN InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!