We arranged this stay as part of a family reunion. Three of our family members had reserved rooms there. Several checked out and went to the Hampton Inn across the street. We couldn't because we had pre-paid through Travelocity. The room was run down with chipped grout in the floor tile, a stain of some kind on the bed linen, burned out light bulbs (that were never replaced despite three requests), a shower head that was not attached to the wall, sink stoppers that were not working, the water temperature didn't stay constant during a shower, and dirt on the inside of the bathroom door. We weren't able to control the temperature on the air conditioning unit, so it was either way too hot or way too cold.
When we went to breakfast the first morning there was not a single place to sit and at least 6 people waiting to find seats. We finally took food back to our room, which had only one chair, even though it has a kitchenette. The waffle maker in the breakfast room was broken, and when I reported this to the manager she seemed baffled. When I reported the lack of seating she said something like "Well that's a really small room for a motel this size!" as if it was somehow an unreasonable expectation to be able to sit down to eat their advertised breakfast. As the guests were struggling to find seats and make their breakfasts the help in the breakfast room were talking on their cell phones and drinking coffee, seeming totally unconcerned with the problems we were dealing with.
At check in I asked to be moved to a nicer room as compensation for our unsatisfactory experience, the check in clerk told me I had to ask the manager the next day (even though I heard her upgrade the customer just ahead of me). Then I called the manager at 9am the next morning to make this request. She said she was really busy and needed to call me back. She called back at 3pm and told me it was now too late to upgrade, that she misunderstood my request. She offered to upgrade us for the final day of our 4 day stay. I was clearly not happy about this, our final compromise was that she did not charge us for the final night (we stayed in the same room the whole time).
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel
- Best Western Plus Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel And Suites
- Best Western Plus Innsuites Tucson Foothills Hotel Tucson
- Best Western Tucson
- Tucson Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfect for business and leisure travel, we set a new standard among Tucson hotels for suite accommodations, free amenities and superior service in the Tucson Catalina Foothills-area. Delight in magnificent mountain views. Enjoy nearby UA, golf courses, renowned attractions, decadent dining, spectacular shopping options and exciting sports events around the Tucson area. Suite Luxury for Less with Cloud 9 Beds & Bedding and Free: 24-hour Airport Shuttle, Hot Full Breakfast, WiFi, Evening Social Hour & more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Travelocity, Best Western, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS InnSuites Tucson Foothills Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.