“Great hotel by the airport” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #44 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great hotel by the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here for three nights on our way through Tucson. This hotel was in a great location for everything that we were doing. They have a great breakfast buffet in the morning.
Pros-
The ladies at the front desk were great to us and very, very helpful
The location is easy to get around Tucson
Outdoor pool
Balconies on select rooms
Cons-
We decided to have dinner at the hotel one night and it was a horrible experience. The waitress was great but it took almost 30 minutes to get our food and when we did some of it was ice cold and my chicken had so much salt it was inedible. They comped the meal but the food and beverage manager who was helping out ignored our table. If you are the manager and you KNOW a guests had a terrible experience wouldn't you want to come over and apologize? Very disappointing to know the person in charge could have done something and instead just avoided the situation.

Room Tip: We had a suite room 201, it was huge!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you had a nice stay and enjoyed our breakfast buffet. Your comments have been shared with our restaurant team and management to ensure all associates are upholding the quality customer service we pride ourselves on at Four Points Tucson Airport. Thank you again for sharing and we sincerely hope to see you during your next visit to Tucson.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on the last night of our honeymoon. We loved the proximity to the airport. our only real interaction with staff was as check in and check out, and all went well. The hotel lobby, pool, rooms and grounds were clean and well kept. The lobby had fresh lemonade which was a nice touch if you had to wait. The bar was easy to find and had a delicious mango mojito, plus the nhl playoffs, which seems to be difficult to find in Tucson. The beds were comfortable, the bathroom was nice with good shower pressure and the pool area was pretty although we had no time to use it. Loved the fact that the room had a fridge and microwave. My only complaint is that there were no movies to rent. Unless we just weren't able to find them. No big deal! Wifi was super easy to access which was great.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
We appreciate your feedback, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear you enjoyed our location and hotel amenities. We hope to see you again for any future visits to Tucson. Thank you again!
Buda, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

First, the young lady at the check in was polite and nice. The lobby was clean though a little small. There was only one person there handling most of the service at all the times we did go upfront. She was taking care of us, the phones, the computer, and the person in the little lobby store all at the same time of our check in. She gave us our card keys and clearly explained how to get to our room and where to park. Everything was marked on our card key sleeve as to what room, etc.
I went to our room while my husband went to park. My key worked perfect and I opened up the door and saw two suitcases open with clothes, towels on the floor in the bathroom, and stuffed animals and kid stuff on the bed. BIG OOOPS! I felt like an intruder. I backed out really fast. I caught my husband at the elevator as he was getting off on our floor and he went back down to talk to the hotel staff. They then gave us the room next door to the one they originally gave us. I kept thinking all afternoon and night (we only stayed one night; it was this past Friday) about people being able to do the same thing to our room. I was totally feeling weird about it and all we got was an "Oh, sorry about that." The room they gave us had all sorts of black marks on the carpet like you get from shoe polish and a very worn area of black from the bathroom to the door. The caulking on the tub was a nasty worn out brown. The metal dings and dents on the tub and sink were not very well covered up and repaired. The pool which looked wonderful and clean on their website was filled with palm fronds on the bottom, floating bugs, plant debris, and some strange styrofoam bits. We requested pool cleaning 3 times in the 1 hr we hung out waiting for some one to clean it and finally gave up and left. We would have used a net on it ourselves just so we could use it but there wasn't one there which is why we asked the desk 3 times for cleaning. All in all it was not what we would expect from a Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay. We apologize for the inconvenience you had with the room mix up upon check-in. We have spoken to our front desk associates to ensure a situation like this does not occur again as we strive to provide superior service to all our guests. We will address the issue with our maintenance team about the pool immediately. Thank you again and take care.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We reserved the boardroom for a two week international event and reserved hotel rooms in conjunction with our stay. The staff was very friendly and accommodating to our foreign guests who many were traveling here for the first time. The meeting room is just off the restaurant and very convenient for our needs.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sierra Vista, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Excellent accommodations for the price. Clean, wonderful bed, helpful staff and a very nice restaurant on site. The buffet breakfast is outstanding. Very close to the airport but the rooms are soundproof. You only hear the airplanes if the patio door is open. Airport shuttle delivers you within five minutes. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay at Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport and we look forward to providing you with the same superior service the next time you are in town. Thanks again for sharing!
Vacaville, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

So....I checked in with a group of friends, we got feedback from the front desk on how to get to dinner and they called a cab for us. When I returned, I walked through three separate building to get back to my room and the key (of course) didn't work. I walked back to the front desk to get it fixed and was told "oh, we have that you checked out."
Nice. She checked me back in and I left for my room. When I entered my room - there was a male hotel employee there. Not okay! He said that the gentleman who just checked in was given this room and saw my luggage and reported it. They actually checked me in, checked me out and then gave my room away WITH MY LUGGAGE IN IT, while I went to dinner. Needless to say, I will not return. Did not sleep well and did not feel safe there. No apology, no service recovery, no return trip.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kat S,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely apologize for the confusion with your check out. We have shared your comments with our associates to ensure our customer service is top notch and an issue like this does not happen again. We’d like the opportunity to have you stay with us again. Please reach out to General Manager, Kurt Helm at kurt.helm@fourpointstucson.com and he will make sure your reservation is taken care from the beginning.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I stayed here for six nights in March. I've stayed in many Four Points for both business and pleasure, and this one was once of the nice ones for restaurant and facilities. The bathrooms are small, sure, but it's a Four Points airport hotel, so yeah, the bathrooms are going to be small. The only down side was the room carpets: they are in desperate need of a shampoo. After one night walking in my white socks, the bottoms were black; I wore my sandals around the room the rest of my stay.

I was pleasantly surprised that despite being walking distance to the Tucson airport, there was absolutely NO commercial airplane noise; none at all! However, the Air Force jets were overhead often, sometimes as early as 6 a.m., so bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

The front desk staff gets serious kudos for helping me: I thought I had to leave a day early so I cancelled my last night stay while I was there. Later that same day, I realized I was going to have to stay that night after all. The hotel only had six rooms left, but they were able to get my original reservation back and allow me to stay in my same room. Thanks guys!

Loved: the free water, the bed (not too soft, not too firm); the pillows (lots of them!); the spicy tomato bisque; the staff; lack of noise from the commercial airport; the upgrade to a room with a deck; microwave and refrigerator (especially for a long stay).

Liked: the pool; the gym; the decor; free parking; restaurant.

Disliked: not getting an SPG cookie at check-in as others have reported; room carpet (room would be 4* if not for the carpet); slow internet; no big towels in the gym; notepad in room had exactly one piece of paper; no outlet on bedside table; the Air Force jets (but that's not the hotel's fault).

Room Tip: Bring earplugs for the Air Force fighter jets.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
We really appreciate your review especially since you are one of our frequent guests. We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our team provided you with the superior customer service Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport prides itself on. We are looking into the carpet issue in the room you stayed in to address it as soon as possible. We hope to see you again in the near future. Take care!

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Tucson Airport? Share your experiences!