“DISGUSTING!!!” 1 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   333 West Drachman Street, Tucson, AZ 85705   |
Ranked #123 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
“DISGUSTING!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2014 via mobile

First, when I walked into the lobby to register, I was roasting. There was no air conditioning and even the staff behind the desk was sweating.

My key card didn't work and had to repeatedly return to front desk until it did. Once in the room, the stench overtook me. It was dirty and shabby. The A/C didn't even work.

I asked to be moved to another room which was a battle and once in the new room, I discovered cockroaches crawling all over the inside of my door! I was horrified!!!

I can't believe this motel hasn't been shut down! Anyway, I demanded my money back and left. Liz is who I dealt with and she was unprofessional and very rude.

Don't waste your money there.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scottsdale, AZ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Several other better quality inns around Tucson for less money, so pass this one by.

Parking area was poorly lighted, plus in a poor neighborhood. I reserved on-line and should have done much more research, but we are from out of town and not familiar with the community.
The room door lock barely functioned!
No glasses in the room and no ice bucket and no ice maker! And this is in a desert community!
No coffee maker!
Curtains were broken. Window looked out onto rooftop.

• Stayed February 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone. While the front desk was friendly it did not make up for having a room that had VERY gross and dirty carpets. There was lint and spots every where. The blankets on the beds had holes all over them. The towels had black stains all over. Even though we prepaid for two nights - we walked out and found a cleaner hotel. In addition, the lobby had no lights, they said that all 20 of the recessed lights were 'out'.... The location was not ideal even though it's not far from the UA. We will not be returning and will recommend that you avoid staying here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I started staying at the hotel because i was homeless. Never have i ever been treated with such disrespect. I am disabled and have a service animal. I requested towels and toiletries many times, and they never brought them. The manager took it upon herself to monitor me and my company, threatened to revoke my stay if i had company,even went as far as rendering my phone in room useless so i couldnt make calls after a certian time. My last day there i was late with my rent payment because i couldnt walk my leg was injured. Manager called the police when they saw my leg transported me by ambulance to hospital. I was assured my belongings would be there so i could pick them up. When i called to inform hotel i was still in hospital and my brother would pick up my belongings today for me they agreed. My brother went up there not only did they waste his time and not alow him to get my things but mow saying i owe 42.00 before i can get my things . Oam appalled and i want to talk to owners but they wont give me number...what do i do?

• Stayed July 2013
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I will start at our check-in. We arrived @8pm after a 4 hour drive from home to be close to the Hospital for surgery the next day @7am. Thought I was being smart! Internet was down when we arrived and they could not pull up our reservation or anyone elses as there were 6 couples waiting before us. We finally got a room @ 10:08pm : > ( . . . . of course the 1st room was OCCUPIED and we made the trek back to the vehicle with our bags and back to the lobby. We were given a second room that was on the 2nd floor (my reservation was for handicapped, down stairs, cold a.c. and working wifi. So back to the front desk we go for our 3rd room. All the time waiting for the previous guest to finish. We finally got into a room at 11pm only to find the a.c. unit didn't cool, the phone didn't work, the internet was intermittent, no iron or dirty laundry bag. When I asked for a receipt, I was told that since I went thru Hotels.com to book my room, they could not print a receipt, but I could get one in the morning on checkout. (huh?) We were so tired we fell into bed (the bed was like it was on a spring foundation with no support). Could not locate HBO on the tv because the was no guide that I ever found. The remote worked when it wanted, so I used my fingers to adjust the volume and change channels. The bathtub looked like it had a sunburn and was peeling and painted and the toilet paper role was behind me and very inconveniently located. So we woke the next morning after setting the radio alarm for a wakeup call because the phone never worked. We we back to the front desk for my receipt, but the doors were locked @6:30am although the hours on the door said 6am-11pm (huh). We banged on the doors until the girl came over and unlocked the doors so we could check out. When I asked for my receipt I was told she could not print or do anything about my poor experience and please come back after 9am (WHAT?) COME BACK? You're kidding right? No she wasn't. So we went to the hospital and got situated for surgery and I went back to the hotel for my receipt! Well, . . . I spoke with the manager and she said she could print my receipt or comp the room because I had booked online and everything had to be initiated thru Hotels.com! Do I have to tell you how unhappy (understatement) I was at this entire experience. I want to tell you folks that I called Hotels.com today and had my full refund within 2 minutes and my reservation email was in my junk mail when I got to check it. Also Hotels.com sent me a confirmation email on my refund within 1 minute. I would never stay at this hotel again, for any reason . . . .

Room Tip: there are none
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mesa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! Please do not take these words lightly! In all seriousness I consider this place to be a health hazzard. We check in and go to the room and "always" the very first thing we do is check the bed. My fiance notices that there is either a wet spot on the sheet or it's a very unsightly stain and they look as if someone had just crawled out of them. So we return to the front desk to ask if the maid can please come change the sheets on the bed and are told "well the maid checked it and she's already clocked out for the day, I can have the maintenance man do it". I then agreed that tho we were on vacation we would be willing to change them ourselves I just wanted a clean set. $60.00 and I'm changing my own sheets! So we begin to attempt to settle in a bit, go to the store, visit some friends and come back to the room for the evening and find that there's company, cockroaches! Ok now I'm just annoyed, but we've been checked in for 6+ hours now and I'm just not feeling that speaking with the front desk about a refund, checking out and going to a different place is going to be financially possible for us. So we stay. Slept on top of the sheets that we changed, in socks, sweats and sweatshirts, with our hoods on and our jackets over the pillows. Romantic eh! Maybe 3 hrs of broken sleep that night since we left the lights on and the tv on to hopefully discourage any scantering about. 6 am in the morning and awake again, still. So we figure might as well move on to the next normal step and get some coffee to try and clear the fog bank! Ugh! Lord please help. The breakfast was a joke. I couldn't do it. My fiance promised that if we could leave right this second and just go home that she would stop and get us breakfast.....she didn't have to ask twice nor offer breakfast I already had us packed. Between the curly hairs and smashed bugs around the toilet to the yellow pee stains in the tub, I had had enough. So in our sweats we checked out by 7:30 am and went home. Stripped everything off in the yard and took NOTHING in the house till it was checked. It's tough to find sitters and extra money to just get away and experiences like this, though they give you a story to share, are extremely discouraging. If nothing else I hope I can spare anyone else the hassle and help them save money and save time. BTW if you'd like a microwave in the room that'll be $5.00 a night and a fridge that's $10.00. I just paid $60.00 bucks amd changed my own sheets...seriously?

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RENO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was cheap and close to my project site so i took a room. They offered free wifi, but the wifi does not work. They have basic cable, but no remote. They have an ice machine, but it is broken too. What's that smell in the room? It wont go away. Nonetheless, the room is conviently located in the Tucson airport flight path and close the a very active and loud railroad. The lady at the front desk is very nice and charming as she explains that the services such as wifi... are not available. I really wish I had read the reviews before checking in.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to Executive Inn & Suites of Tucson? Share your experiences!