“A nice place to stay in Tucson, but be aware of location” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #20 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Encino
“A nice place to stay in Tucson, but be aware of location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am torn between giving the Best Western Plus Royal Sun Inn a four star, or a three star review. I choose a four star because it was by far the best value I have received when staying at a Best Western Inn.

I was upgraded upon arrival which I appreciated very much. The room as you will see the photos was very contemporary and spacious. The bed was excellent, shower pressure was great, lighting was excellent and the room overall very comfortable. I cannot find one negative about the room.

The breakfast as many have stated was terrific. Where can you go now days for this price and get a served meal and have 10 selections off a menu....I don't know of any....again at this price level.

The only negative was that my room was all the way in the back of the property on the the first level. It is not the fault of the Inn, but at 3:00 a.m. there were people talking outside my window out front and at 4:00 a.m. the people upstairs decided to pack up. Again, not the fault of the Inn, as this can happen anywhere. The one serious issue I had was that a train rolls by about every hour all throughout the night and blows its whistle. This is very frustrating and I am not sure if I would have heard it as much in another location within the property. I was afraid to wear ear plugs for fear that I would not hear my alarm....so I was up from 3:00 a.m. on.

I informed the front desk of the problem and he was very concerned. He said that the people talking out front at 3:00 a.m. should have been stopped by the guard that walks the property. He did discount the room which was more than gracious and fair.

Room Tip: Hopefully to avoid hearing a train whistle all night long, ask for a room out near the front of the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We truly appreciate the business.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Cooked-To-Order Breakfast at our restaurant & liked our central location close to Downtown, U of A, Shopping malls as well as easy access to & from Freeways I-19 & I-10.

Neil Shah (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We recently stayed in 5 Best Western properties on a holiday in Arizona and New Mexico. This Inn was easily the best for its staff, room decor and restaurant.
We were actually 'served' our breakfast and had a choice of 10 different menu items.
Nate, our waiter, who served us our dinner which was a one of a kind and delicious was efficient and friendly.
Julio, who checked us in and out deserves an award for his attitude and compassion. We witnessed him assisting a lady with mobility issues. He patiently answered her questions and escorted her to the door when she was satisfied with his problem solving. He then apologized for keeping us waiting!!!
It is no wonder that we found our stay here to be very satisfying.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a King room. No concerns at all.
Hi,

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Cooked-To-Order Breakfast at our restaurant & liked our central location close to Downtown, U of A, Shopping malls as well as easy access to & from Freeways I-19 & I-10.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

We stayed at a number of Best Western hotels on a 10 day trip through New Mexico and Arizona. This one easily excelled all the others. The upgrade to a King Suite was offered and accepted. The room was really well decorated with a pleasing color scheme and accessories.

Hi,

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated Jacuzzi Suite as well as easy access to & from Freeways I-19 & I-10.

Rotterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Excellent value for money in , great rooms (i had a jaccuzi king suite). Well kept surroundings with local plants (cactus) and ecofriendly watered flowerbeds. The inner couryard made me feel safe inside this hotel. Very easy access to Interstate 10 (exit 257, second trafic light take right onto N. Stone Rd). Extremely friendly, helpful and courteous staff. I definitely would stay here again, and I highly recommend it. The train noise others are complaining about is hardly noticeble if you close your window and will disappears if you have your AC on. Besides the hotel offers complimentary earplugs that are ready for you in your room. Hot breakfast made to order is nice, and offers about 10-12 combos including healthy ones.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Hi,

I am thrilled to hear that you liked our recent upgrades that include new furniture, new carpet & bedding in all the rooms. We are proud to be GREEN certified by 5 organizations & our guests have truly embraced all the changes we have made over the past 4 years.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Our hotel's success is truly a result of tremendous team we have. Our entire team works hard everyday to create clean, comfortable & welcoming environment for our guests and offers superior customer care.

Reno, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Once again we came back to this great hotel. Why? The front desk staff (Angela, Jessica)
couldn't be more accomodating and made us feel very welcome plus gave good information
on special places we needed to find - even printed off driving maps for us. The chef in the
restaurant makes great soups and his other food is good too. Ron and two others - one man
and one women - I can't remember their names, in the restaurant were courteous and wonderful.
Really good breakfasts were included and while dinner of course wasn't, the chef was so good,
we chose to eat there several nights as well (we stayed 4 days.) It had all the usual amenities,
including a little fridge. If I could suggest one thing it would be a microwave as there was no
way to heat "take outs."
We also appreciated the USA Todays at the main desk and the yummy cookies! WE WILL GO
BACK.

Room Tip: We like a room by the pool as love the jacuzzi. We also like ground level, but we are seniors and...
Green Features: While we had them change the towels we used each day, we did not have them change the sheets each day and they had a form for that if guests cared to use it.
Hi,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We truly appreciate the business you have given us over the months & your loyalty to our hotel.

Yuma, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful, the hotel clean and the included breakfast much better than continental breakfasts. The location is very close to the interstate. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again if we{re needing a hotel in the Tucson area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Hi Cheryl,

Scottsdale AZ, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

A pleasant experience in a convenient part of the city. Easy access to the interstate highway. Easy to all parts of the city. A pretty city to visit and the college has a beautiful campus. The motel is old and could use some upgrading.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Hi Avis,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing this review regarding your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words & compliments; I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am happy to inform you that we have just completed installation of new furniture in all the rooms. We hope that this will enhance our guests' experience.

Neil Shah (GM)

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!