“Very clean, & friendly, helpful staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Modesto, California
“Very clean, & friendly, helpful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here June 27-30, 2013.
We were in area to attend a wedding. Weather was HOT, but air conditioning worked great and kept us coooool! :-)
Rooms very clean and housekeeping were very accommodating in cleaning around our come & go schedule. Desk Staff were pleasant and helped with directions to local areas we visited. Breakfast was available daily, but bacon & potatoes seemed like they may have been cooked day before and reheated & served. I didn't say anything while there because all staff were very nice , so didn't complain. We will stay here again on future visits to Tucson......nut next visit will be in Spring or Fall to avoid the heat--it was 115 during our stay.

• Stayed June 2013
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi Loretta,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. My staff and I are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations when you stayed with us in June.

We take great pride in ensuring each and every guest gets 110% of our best and I’m happy to know that we’ve succeeded in exceeding your expectations. I do apologize that our bacon & potatoes were not to your liking. I will be sure to share your comments with our restaurant staff. I do appreciate you letting us know.

We will be waiting to welcome you back during fall when you return to the Tucson.

Neil Shah (GM)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel. It's a great location to everything in Tuscon. The staff is very helpful and goes over and above to make you comfortable. Cleanliness is top rate. I don't think you can beat the price if you want a quality stay.

• Stayed June 2013
Hi,

As general manager of the Best Western Royal Sun, I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review. Our success is dependent on the feedback we get from our guests. I am happy to hear that you had a wonderful stay at our property & you enjoyed our convenient location.

Thank you for recommending our hotel & for the gracious words and please let me know if there’s anything else we can do to make your next stay with us feel more like home.

Tucson, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

My name is Raymond Soto
I have nothing but good things to say about my stay. I would like you to recongnize how great if service I get from your staff, John Cousins the GM awsome very careing always working to find aa better solution for all. I really want to point out susan in house keeping. I truly understand cleaning up after other people is not the funnest job, but this lady does it with a smile, very caring, helpfull, it is alway a plessure to see her. I beleave her talents would be better used in a coustomer service roll for Best western

Thank you very much for a pleasant stay.

Raymond Soto
(520-561-5582)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Tucson, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

You will never meet a more accommodating staff, even at a 5 Star Hotel. They are attentive to every detail and need. Their job is to make sure things are perfect for you.

The front desk staff, especially Andrea and Julio are the Best of the Best. I attribute this to the general manager, because if you don't have a good manager, then your employees will not live up to high expectations.

We always stay in a full size suite, has a separate living room and bedroom, very comfy except for the reading chair, which is new, but a little hard so we use a pillow behind our back.

Ron, in the restaurant for the early breakfast is absolutely great. Always cheery and makes you feel at home.

Room Tip: Select a full size suite, they are in back of property and you do not have any road noise. They giv...
Green Features: They even have a waste basket in room for recycling.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Hi,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing a wonderful review regarding your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our hotel & staff. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you for the business & your compliments, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Shawnee, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at the Royal Sun Inn for a week in June 2013. I had read a few disturbing reviews regarding the poor breakfast and the train whistles at night. I even noticed the ear plugs in the room when we first arrived. My experience could not be better. The room was clean, the breakfast was good and hot, and although I could hear the train whistle while awake, it didn't bother me during the night. If you need a place to stay for a few nights close to the University, this is the place!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hi,

Thank you very much for such kind words & your wonderful compliments, which I have shared with our staff.

We are always working on keeping our hotel at the highest standards of quality, cleanliness & especially customer service. Our entire team works very hard in achieving these goals. Comments such as yours are truly encouraging for us & we truly appreciate it.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Beverley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Arrived after long drive from palm springs.We were allocated a room on 1st floor. I asked for a quiet room as the hotel was very close to a busy road.on arrival at the room it was clear that it was probably the noisiest room in the hotel- the room closest to the busy traffic intersection and the reception staff must have known this.i complained immediately and to be fair we were without argument given a decent quiet room well away from the busy road.the room was large and comfortable.there is a decent sized poll and a good hot tub both of which were welcome after hot, dusty days in the area.free cooked breakfast was available each morning which was welcome.providing you have a room away from the road I would recommend the hotel for a short visit.it is only a short walk to the decent bars and restaurants of the old town and convenient for access to the freeway.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear of the hotel beyond the pool.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Steve,

Thank you very much for taking time in writing this review regarding your stay with us.

I am happy to hear that we were able to move you to a room location of your liking. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our cooked-To-Order Breakfast & outdoor pool & spa.

Thank you for such kind words & compliments, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!