“Very big rooms” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lake Stevens, Washington
“Very big rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

We booked this room because the rooms were big, and for the last night of our trip, I wanted something just like that. The room met our expectations. A wet bar, great shower and plenty of room. The grounds were clean and had plenty of tropical plants, and trees. We saw hummingbirds, little lizards and other types of birds flirting around. A big pool, spa and a workout room were available. We did not partake as we were a bit worn out from the day and had to pack up our treasures we picked up. Lots of great antique shops in the area. The restaurant had a great choice of really good food, but the service was a little on the slow side. But since we only had to walk by some palm trees, pool and nice fountain to get there, I did not mind the wait. The staff at the hotel are very concerned about the quality of your stay as there are dozens of other hotels in Tucson, they work a little harder for your patronage. I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Hi Barry,

Thank you for a wonderful review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our beautiful landscaping.

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. I am sure they will be thrilled to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Neil Shah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

" EXCELLENT !! my upgrade and room requests were already in place when I checked
in. Suite (234)was very clean, nice to have the bag with items in it from the
manager, including the nose strips, they are great to use ! and the nice letter
from the GM. Soft towels very nice. Yummy cookies at check in; ate at the
restaurant for dinner and it was delicious, also used the buy 1 get 1 drink
coupon, service was outstanding. Cooked to order breakfast was very good and
again great service. Excellent checkout, all the staff seemed to enjoy their
jobs and went out of their way to be helpful. GREAT hotel...........we will come
back again. Diamond member "

Hi Debra,

Thank you for a wonderful review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our complimentary cooked to order breakfast, drinks & dinner at our restaurant.

Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Great service, great free breakfast, decent clean rooms. But not what it looks like on the internet - a bit darker, more cramped, less elegant. And people need to know there's no elevator. We got used to the train whistle, and huge chorus of bird after one night.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be very varied in spaciousness, furnishings, etc. Not sure how to know what you'r...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hi,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay with us. I apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

We are planning on getting new furniture & lighting package for all our rooms during this summer. I feel that these upgrades will enhance our guest's experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Thank you for the business & we hope to see you in future. . .

Sidney, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were here for a week and chose the hotel mainly because of its central location - which was perfect for exploring the area. Close to downtown, the I10 and east/west through roads. The room was very clean and the bed very comfortable. No problem with the WIFI access. The attached restaurant was a definite bonus. Breakfast was included in the room price - you could get everything from fruit and yogurt to pancakes and bacon and eggs. It was really good. We often had dinner here and thoroughly enjoyed it, All of the staff were super friendly and helpful. But be prepared for the train noise at night. The hotel provides earplugs but I suggest you upgrade them or you will have trouble sleeping. We would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Christine,

Thank you for a wonderful review about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our complimentary cooked to order breakfast.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Most, if not all, Best Western properties offer breakfast, either a buffet-style hot breakfast or a continental style. The Royal Sun Inn & Suites in Tuscon has a restaurant seperate from the hotel on the property that serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner, Each guest receives a ticket good for breakfast at the restaurant each day. While the breakfast choices are a subset of the full menu, they are very good choices. The service is fast and friendly and the food is good, The prices for lunch and dinner are reasonable. We did not eat any other meals besides breakfast but I am willing to bet they were tasty based on our breakfast experience,

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable with a pleasent staff. All in all, this hotel is a good value and I would stay there again if in the area.

Hi,

Thank you for a wonderful review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am also glad that you liked our recently enhanced breakfast menu. This is probably one of the best complimentary cooked to order breakfasts offered at the hotel in Tucson.

Los Angeles, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were impressed with the rooms and the ability to spread out our family of 5. Our only problem was that the blow dryer burnt out, creating smoke and smell. Thankfully that happened just before checking out. We notified the front desk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hi,

Thank you for taking time to write this review about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have already replaced the hair dryer in that room. We appreciate you letting us know of this at the time of check out.

Glendale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was surprised when we were given a suite instead of a double queen room. I guess they were on special that week or something and the suite was actually cheaper. ( I am a reward member so manybe that was why) It worked out well because my teenager like having his own TV and bedroom/livingroom, even if it was just a pull out loveseat couch. There were plenty of outlets for his ipod and phone etc. They were attached to the lamp stand and it was nice to not have to look for them on the walls by the floor. Even though I couldn't get a good night sleep for some reason, the bed was very comfortable and the room had plenty of space for toiletries, clothes, closet, drawers and desk space with a nice office chair that leans back. There was a DVD player also available. Both TV's were flat screens. There was a restaurant attached to the hotel with a lounge/bar area. It was convienent to have that available for dinner and breakfast. Especially because I didn't think it was the greatest area of town, even though U of A was nearby. I didn't want to walk someplace or drive someplace to eat. The front office assured me that she walks across the street at night and is fine. She also said there was a security guard. I still felt a little leary. We were only there one night. I do miss the free breakfast buffet that BW usually has but there were 10 breakfasts in the restaurant that were free for hotel guests and it was sufficient. The diner staff was nice and helpful. no compaints. The food was served very quickly and was tasty! My son was there for a competition at the Tucson Trap and Skeet and if he has another competition I would probably stay here again. It was the closest BW to the Shooting range. The grounds had fountains and flowers every where and it was pretty. We didn't use the pool, outdoor jacuzzi or exercise room but all looked nice. Many people were sitting outside there rooms on the patio drinking and talking. It was nice day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hi,

Thank you for taking time to write a wonderful review. I am happy to hear that your son loved our Jacuzzi Suite. We thank you for being a Best Western Rewards member, we truly appreciate the business & your loyalty to our brand.

I will be sure to share your comments with our staff. Thank you for the business & we hope to see you again. . .

Neil Shah

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!