“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Midland, Texas, United States
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Do not be afraid of the location. Yes, the area is a little rough around the edges, but we had no problems during our stay! When we arrived, there was a problem with our reservations. However, the front desk clerks were so kind and efficient in finding the problem. Before we knew it we were in our rooms. I have to say that the building, though a bit old, has been transformed into pretty, large rooms. I was pleased with the little amenities that this hotel had to offer as well. The breakfast you can get at the restaurant next door is ok, however, the waitstaff is so friendly and efficient that it was a pleasure to look forward to the experience every morning. Overall, we were happy with our experience, and would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room close to the office...a train goes by very close by.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Royal Sun, we truly appreciate the business. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Once again, thank you for the business & for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you next year . . .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We stayed at this property for 10 days during the Gem and Mineral show. It was convenient to everything and we cannot say enough about the staff. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was great. The restaurant was terrific providing a good selection of foods at reasonable prices and the specials were great. We were sad to leave and will look forward to our stay there next year and the years to come.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
"Fantastic Tucson Hotel" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

Thank you for your kind words & compliments about our staff, I will be sure to share your comment with them. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant & lounge, especially our dinner specials & selection of local craft beers.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

...convenient to I-10 and just off Speedway Boulevard. We had limited time and wanted to see Saguaro National Park and the Sonoran Desert Museum to the west and the Catalina Highway to the east and found the driving to all of these to be easy.

We had no problems with noise as others have mentioned. We were in Room 205 which is at the front of the hotel and were not exposed to any railroad noise. In fact, we did not even know there were tracks nearby. I suggest getting a room in this area for this reason.

The room was very nice - clean and comfortable; no problems whatever. The staff were fine and the excellent complimentary breakfast was served from a limited but more than adequate menu - not a buffet.

As usual, in my experience, Best Western delivers a lot of value for the price. We would stay here again without doubt.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
"This is a very nice Best Western" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

I will be sure to share your comment with our staff. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast as well as our convenient location close to all the area attractions in Tucson.

Once again, thank you for the business & for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you in future. . .
bethesda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Comfortable hotel very convenient to downtown Tucson. Excellent breakfast with good choices served at your table; much fresher and more convenient than the usual warmed over buffet. Experienced no noise or equipment problems.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
"Good Tucson Hotel" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

I will be sure to share your comment with our staff. I am also thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our Made To Order Breakfast at our restaurant. It is truly one of the best free Cooked To Order breakfasts in Tucson.

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

My first night there was one of the worst nights of sleep I've had in ages. My room was 78 degrees as I was getting ready for bed around 10:00pm. I followed the instructions on the wall to turn on the AC. A little while later, I found myself getting hotter and hotter. Sure enough, only hot air was blowing out. It was now 82 degrees in the room. I normally like to sleep around 68 or so. I called the desk and they said that the air to the room wasn't turned on and couldn't be turned on until the next day. So I opened the window all the way and went to bed. The nearby train blew its whistle seemingly all night. To be fair, the hotel does supply ear plugs, but I find them uncomfortable to sleep in and generally am not bothered by noise. Between the heat and noise, I tossed and turned all night. The next day I got to my room and it was cooler but I still had no AC. I was informed that they would have to turn on either heat or air and the people below me needed heat. I suggested we change rooms so they would be warmer upstairs but apparently that wasn't an option and they were full due to the ongoing Gem & Mineral Show in town. Instead they found me a portable AC that they put in my room for the night. This night I slept cool and the fan drowned out the train noise. It was a win-win for me. They did have a nice welcome bag for guests waiting in the room with water and snacks. They also offered several deals at the attached restaurant/bar, whose food was much better than expected. Breakfast was free too. It's not a great motel by any means, but the management and employees work to overcome its shortcomings.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with working heating/air depending on time of year - and as far from the tr...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Pacific Palisades, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Generally nice staff. Rooms are adequate after recent upgrades. Free breakfast is ok. Main issue is the noise. Property is close to train tracks and you can be awake all night (no kidding) with frequent trains and, more annoyingly, even more frequent train horns blowing. If you are a light sleeper beware and ask for a quieter room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Las Cruces NM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We wanted to visit my sister and her husband who lives in Tucson, but didn't want to stay with them so we were looking for a nice hotel at a great price. We found both here! The staff was very nice and helpful and the room was clean and bright. Only wish we could have tried the restaurant - the next time for sure! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
"Super place to stay in Tucson" at the Best Western Royal Sun, Tucson, Arizona.

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!