“Excellent Stay on Stone Ave. Tucson” 5 of 5 stars

1,000 bonus reward points
Ranked #20 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
Sahuarita, Arizona
“Excellent Stay on Stone Ave. Tucson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

My wife & I stay here to get away with one another when our lives meet. The front staff is very friendly & helpful. The food at the onsite restuarant is good with full service breakfast. The onsite lounge & bar has an excellent wait staff & a television to watch sports. Thanks.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a hot tub, they are all decorated very nicely.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
"Excellent Stay on Stone Ave. Tucson" at Best Western Plus Royal Sun

Thank you for staying at the Best Western Plus Royal Sun, we truly appreciate the business. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our property. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Motel parking is oddly layed out and difficult to drag all belongings to the room. Security guard patrols the parking lot which while a good thing speaks poorly of the area. Average room in below average part of town. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

Boise, ID
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

While the staff tried to be helpful, I should have heeded the omen when I arrived at 3:00 p.m. To ind the staff arguing with an intoxicate belligerent and apparently homeless young man in the lobby. Trying to shake off his unpleasantness, we asked for a quiet room.

We should have known ths was not to be the case when we got o the room to find wo bags of unopened ear plugs waiting for us! They were needed becau trains came through just a few feet away every hour or so blaring their VERY loud train horns.

In addition, the bed mattress was covered n some sort of crinkly plastic covering that made much noise whenever some one moved or turned over. It didn't help to learn the next morning from a staff member that this was to control bed bugs!

Despite the above issues that resulted in a sleepless night, the staff was completely unwilling to make any adjustments in the price of the room. We couldn't check out fast enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I will be sure to speak to our front desk team & reiterate the importance of listening to guests & constantly working on exceeding their expectations. Please feel free to contact me if possible & I will be happy to compensate you for the inconveniences you experience.

Phoenix, Arizona, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was worst Best Western in my recent stays at this chain. Breakfast was a long wait for table service. No buffet available as in most hotels. Spent hours looking for a restaurant for dinner. Nothing close to the hotel. This is an older hotel, but rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. Pool outside our room was an annoyance and parking inconvenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I do apologize for the wait during the breakfast. Our breakfast has become very popular & during 8am-9am it does get pretty busy. We hope that some guests would show earlier for the breakfast, however we will work on improving in this area.

Wilsonville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the BW Plus Royal Sun Inn & Suites on a business trip to Tucson. I was supposed to stay at the University Marriott, but it was sold out for our business event, so I looked for an affordable nearby hotel - and found the BW. I am so glad I didn't stay at the Marriott (as I did last year). The Royal Sun had amazing staff that was freindly and helpful everytime I needed anything. The room was comfortable, clean, and well decorated. I was surprised how quiet my room was being on the bottom floor near 2 busy roads. The exterior of the building was well designed, clean, and very attractive. I felt safe and enjoyed my stay. If I am ever in Tucson again, there is no doubt I will choose to stay at the BW Plus again. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words & compliments! I am happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.

We are excited to hear that you will choose us over the Marriott hotel when staying in Tucson the next time.

We look forward to seeing you soon. . .
Gilbert, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

There was a problem with the refrigerator but the staff responded immediately. A credit was given on our bill. The prompt service was really appreciated by my wife and me. The credit was an added bonus. Everything was great. Thanks, again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words & compliments! We truly appreciate the business you have given us over the months & your loyalty to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.

We do apologize for the issue with the refrigerator, but I am also glad that we took care it for you prior to check out. Our goal is to offer clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service.

We look forward to seeing you soon. . .

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!