“Very unpleasant night” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Boise, ID
“Very unpleasant night”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

While the staff tried to be helpful, I should have heeded the omen when I arrived at 3:00 p.m. To ind the staff arguing with an intoxicate belligerent and apparently homeless young man in the lobby. Trying to shake off his unpleasantness, we asked for a quiet room.

We should have known ths was not to be the case when we got o the room to find wo bags of unopened ear plugs waiting for us! They were needed becau trains came through just a few feet away every hour or so blaring their VERY loud train horns.

In addition, the bed mattress was covered n some sort of crinkly plastic covering that made much noise whenever some one moved or turned over. It didn't help to learn the next morning from a staff member that this was to control bed bugs!

Despite the above issues that resulted in a sleepless night, the staff was completely unwilling to make any adjustments in the price of the room. We couldn't check out fast enough.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I will be sure to speak to our front desk team & reiterate the importance of listening to guests & constantly working on exceeding their expectations. Please feel free to contact me if possible & I will be happy to compensate you for the inconveniences you experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This was worst Best Western in my recent stays at this chain. Breakfast was a long wait for table service. No buffet available as in most hotels. Spent hours looking for a restaurant for dinner. Nothing close to the hotel. This is an older hotel, but rooms were clean and bed was comfortable. Pool outside our room was an annoyance and parking inconvenient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

I do apologize for the wait during the breakfast. Our breakfast has become very popular & during 8am-9am it does get pretty busy. We hope that some guests would show earlier for the breakfast, however we will work on improving in this area.

Wilsonville, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I recently stayed at the BW Plus Royal Sun Inn & Suites on a business trip to Tucson. I was supposed to stay at the University Marriott, but it was sold out for our business event, so I looked for an affordable nearby hotel - and found the BW. I am so glad I didn't stay at the Marriott (as I did last year). The Royal Sun had amazing staff that was freindly and helpful everytime I needed anything. The room was comfortable, clean, and well decorated. I was surprised how quiet my room was being on the bottom floor near 2 busy roads. The exterior of the building was well designed, clean, and very attractive. I felt safe and enjoyed my stay. If I am ever in Tucson again, there is no doubt I will choose to stay at the BW Plus again. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words & compliments! I am happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.

We are excited to hear that you will choose us over the Marriott hotel when staying in Tucson the next time.

Gilbert, Arizona, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

There was a problem with the refrigerator but the staff responded immediately. A credit was given on our bill. The prompt service was really appreciated by my wife and me. The credit was an added bonus. Everything was great. Thanks, again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your kind words & compliments! We truly appreciate the business you have given us over the months & your loyalty to our hotel. I am happy to hear that you had a very enjoyable stay with us.

We do apologize for the issue with the refrigerator, but I am also glad that we took care it for you prior to check out. Our goal is to offer clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service.

Camrose, Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Suited our purpose of being able to walk to El Charros. Was also clean and comfortable and quieter than we expected.
Staff were very helpful in locating amenities near by the hotel. It was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

For the price of about 75.00 it was a great deal compared to other hotels in the area at
a similar & higher price. The lounge was a great addition and a nice surprise, especially with the nice fireplace and pool table. Drinks & food selection/price/quality was great- the bartender and chef were excellent and very professional. The free real breakfast in the restaurant was a relief from the usual hard boiled eggs, stale bagels/toast/pastries and cereal that you usually get. We also used the jacuzzi one night and it was very clean and hot (we were there in December) and it was nice that it stayed open till10pm. Pool area looked very nice and clean. The room was nice, good size, nice furnishings and very clean. I had forgotten about the train & earplugs until I saw the other review. We didn't notice - did not use them. I live 3 blocks from a train station-so I guess I am just used to trains and kind of like them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities including breakfast, dinner, drinks & our heated spa. . .

We look forward to seeing you soon. . .

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!