The Royal Sun Inn is a great place to stay if you're on a budget but don't want to give up amenities! Suites are spacious, with a pull out couch in the living area, 2 flat screen tv's, a whirlpool bathtub, great views from the second floor of the 5 mountain ranges that surround Tucson, and a fantastic on-site restaurant and lounge!
The restaurant boasts daily specials such the jalapeno burger or tequila-lime chicken, both great southwestern tastes. They also have the usual fare such as chicken tenders and pasta, with steak, burgers, sandwiches, and dessert, all made fresh daily.
The lounge itself offers all the perks of a full bar, because it is! My biggest complaint when on vacation is hotel bars closing at 9 or 10pm. The lounge at Royal Sun is open till 2am Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, and the rest of the week as well if the crowd warrants it. Great daily drink specials, happy hour from 5-8 M-F, and a 2 for 1 drink coupon when you check in. Come see Morgan, the head bartender, Tuesday through Saturday for local tips and advice on where to eat and what to see, great conversation and even better drinks. Not sure what you want? Captain Morgan can whip you up an amazing original. Just tell him what you like!
Y-Not Karaoke keeps the party going after Happy Hour, with free, no-pressure karaoke from 9pm-2am every Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Many local Tucsonans call this their home bar, giving it a real comfortable atmosphere. Everyone is friendly! Need directions or advice on what to see while you're in the Old Pueblo? Just ask!
Located at the southwest corner of Stone Ave and Speedway Blvd, the Best Western Royal Sun is at the center of it all. Situated directly across from a park to the east and Pima Community College main campus to the North, the hotel is mere feet from Interstate 10 and the University of Arizona main campus. It is also just minutes north of downtown Tucson. Downtown may look small from the highway, but has TONS to offer. The Fox Theater, a historic theater built in 1930, the Tucson Convention Center, parks, original restaurants, an Enterprise Rent-A-Car office, the train and local bus station, Maynard's Market and Kitchen (in a renovated train station), the Rialto Theater for live music, the Historic Congress Hotel restaurant and bar, where John Dillinger was captured, and much, much, more.
Many people skip over Tucson when making their itineraries for a trip to the Southwest. As a resident now for 6 1/2 years, originally from upstate NY, I can assure you, the trip is well worth it. I haven't even begun to scratch the surface of what Tucson has to offer, and the Best Western Royal Sun is the best location to launch your adventures from. Comfortable, quiet and spacious rooms with lots of amenities, including a pool of course, great views, and even better prices. Don't pass on this diamond in the rough!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Sun Hotel
- Best Western Plus Royal Sun Hotel Tucson
- Best Western Tucson
- Tucson Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this full-service, Eco-Friendly Tucson, Arizona hotel located close to the University of Arizona, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the Old Tucson Studios. Enjoy complimentary COOK-TO-ORDER breakfast each morning at the restaurant & 2-FOR-1 Drinks at Lounge each evening. The newly renovated Green Certified BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, located near Interstates 10 and 19 in Tucson, Arizona. We offer convenient access to many key area attractions including college Campuses, 3 Malls, three-Golf Courses and the Tucson International Airport. Enjoy spaciously-appointed guest rooms and suites, including hot tub suites, each complete with wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 32' LCD HD TV with HBO® and DVD player. This full-service hotel also features a newly renovated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, business services and meeting facilities. Pets are welcome for a small fee. Guests staying at this Arizona hotel will enjoy being close to the San Xavier Mission, the Sabino Canyon, the Biosphere 2 and the Tubac Artists Colony. Just a short drive away, guests can find the Saguaro National Park, the Kartchner Caverns State Park, historic Tombstone and historic Bisbee. For superior customer service and a convenient location in Tucson, Arizona make a reservation today at the BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Best Western, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Sun Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.