“Better than average.” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Indio, CA
“Better than average.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

Enjoyed my stay but , no safety bars in shower stall. We are not handicapped but it possed a safety issue.
Towels were grungy could use a bleaching. Maybe replaced.
Upon arrival room felt humid as if rug had just been shampood but not dry.
TV did not have close captioning.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for taking time in writing this review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us, but apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

Your comments are very important to us & we value our guest's feedback very much. I am happy to report that we have already installed the grab bars in more than 20 of our rooms. We will be installing them in most of our rooms. Thank you for a great suggestions that pertains to our guests' safety. We have also started using the Proctor & Gamble products such as tide, downy, etc for our laundry which will help enhance quality & life of our linen.

Thank you for your comments! We look forward to seeing you in future. . .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We stayed at the Royal Sun Inn & Suites in Tucson Sunday, November 11--I had stayed there 3-1/2 years ago-and it was adequate then but definitely nothing special.
The Inn has been updated to a Best Western Plus and great beds and linens, tvs, free internet in the room, refrigerator, etc. There is a nice pool and large hottub as well as a fitness room, that although not huge, is very well equipped.
The attached restaurant which looks more like a diner has surprisingly good food-including great salads and desserts. Kevin the chef, who has only been there a few months is an accomplished cook and his plating is beautiful. There is also a very good wine selection. It could use placemats and a little more updating but the food is really good.
The bathroom is small but the shower is great. My only complaint is that the window over the shower looks flimsy and looks out on an empty lot.
The rates are almost 1/2 of what the larger hotels charge and even though the rooms are small you usually are not there to stay in your room. AND, it includes a free full breakfast with several items to choose from.
And, finally, the staff is very helpful and the lobby area is beautiful.
All in all will definitely stay there again when in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time in writing this review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am very happy to hear that you gave us another opportunity to serve you & you had an excellent stay. I am also pleased to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the amenities and improvements we have made in last 3 years. Hard work of our entire team is the reason we are able to consistently create enjoyable stays for all our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

I also appreciate your comments about our restaurant, especially compliments for Kevin. We are fortunate to have him as a part of our team.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you next visit to Tucson!
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

The location was great. Upon checking in, the front desk personnel (Julio) was very nice and accommodating. The order from menu breakfast which was included was also very good. Free parking!! The only drawbacks: My room (205) had a rattling noise coming from one of the vents and the first night it was hard to get to sleep with the sound of the train.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for your detailed positive review posted on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities including our central location in Tucson, cooked to order breakfast at the restaurant & free parking. Thank you for mentioning the noise coming from AC unit, I will be sure to have our maintenance staff look at it right away.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Tucson!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I would like to start out by saying that the customer service is hands down excellent. I was in charge of planning my sister's graduation/wedding and had plenty of family (hispanic, so you know there are plenty) coming from out of town. I was blessed to find this amazing hotel that not only went above and beyond to make my sister's day special. The suites were comfortable,the food was delicious,the bar with loads of fun! The entire staff made our weekend stay enjoyable. The teenagers loved the heated pool. Wedding day...could not have been better. This could go down as the first stress free wedding in history! My sister,(the bride) was at church on time, early to be exact. We had to wait on the priest. Words can not express the gratitude I have for making my sister's day magical and having family together was such a blessing. I highly recommend this hotel with their 5 star customer service and 5 star everything! Oh, and by the way, the jacuzzi was a blast! Thank you again for all your accomidations to our large party.

• Stayed November 2012
Thank you for taking time in writing this positive review on TripAdvisor!
I cannot express my gratitude in words for the business you have given us and for such kind words about your experience.

I feel fortunate to have had an opportunity to help you with your wedding event. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff as your outstanding experience is a result of their hard work & care for our guests.

Thank you for recommending us! We hope to see you again in future. . .
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Frankly, I stayed here 4 years ago and was deeply disappointed; everything was so old and worn, the carpets were filthy, and poorly air conditioned. I swore that I would never stay here again. But, after a noisy night at my current motel in Tucson, I started looking around and read some excellent reviews on the Royal Sun indicating that it had gone through some major renovations. Turned out to be a good decision. The rooms were newly decorated, had that fresh feeling, new appliances and fixtures, and nice and quiet. Only issue I had was that the room I was assigned had a shower, and I needed a bathtub for my young son. Sabrina understood how important this was for my son, and without hesitation kindly upgraded me to another room with a bathtub. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Use you Best Western MasterCard and don't forget to ask for your AAA discount.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

I am very happy to hear that you gave us another opportunity to serve you & you had an excellent stay. I am also pleased to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the amenities and improvements we have made in last 2 years. Hard work of our entire team is the reason we are able to consistently create enjoyable stays for all our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you’re looking for great value, clean and renovated rooms without the "extras" of an expensive Hilton, Dbl Tree, etc, this is the place to stay. Nice and pleasant staff. The hotel has nicely appointed modern, and clean rooms. "Free" breakfast has a good selection. The hotel's outside appearance is one of the early 1960s; although the staff does a great job in maintaining the facility, there are no glittery bells-whistles (does have free Wi-Fi). Just off Speedway Blvd; 3-minutes from I-10 and 4-5 minutes to the university. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012

Thank you for comparing us with Hilton & Double tree type of hotels that are much superior than us; it is the best compliment we can ever receive.

My team & i work very hard to provide clean & comfortable rooms along with superior guest service to all our guests. Kind words like your is what drives us in constantly working hard for creating unforgettable experiences for our guests. Our team members will be acknowledged for their “excellent” service & hard work.

Thank you for taking time in writing about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Tucson!
Windham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy, but you cannot beat the price for what you get. Free parking, free wireless Internet access, free breakfast, what a deal! We switched to this hotel after being at the Embassy Suites for a couple of days since our flight home was canceled and it was only one third the price! The hotel is near the freeway and trains go blasting by often and it's not the best neighborhood, but we had no problems and everyone was friendly. Room was clean and they have a simple pool area with lots of chairs to lounge around and read or tan. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the downtown area so in the evening it is fun to wander around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities including our central location in Tucson, cooked to order breakfast at the restaurant, free wifi & our pool area.

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!