We stayed at the Royal Sun Inn & Suites in Tucson Sunday, November 11--I had stayed there 3-1/2 years ago-and it was adequate then but definitely nothing special.
The Inn has been updated to a Best Western Plus and great beds and linens, tvs, free internet in the room, refrigerator, etc. There is a nice pool and large hottub as well as a fitness room, that although not huge, is very well equipped.
The attached restaurant which looks more like a diner has surprisingly good food-including great salads and desserts. Kevin the chef, who has only been there a few months is an accomplished cook and his plating is beautiful. There is also a very good wine selection. It could use placemats and a little more updating but the food is really good.
The bathroom is small but the shower is great. My only complaint is that the window over the shower looks flimsy and looks out on an empty lot.
The rates are almost 1/2 of what the larger hotels charge and even though the rooms are small you usually are not there to stay in your room. AND, it includes a free full breakfast with several items to choose from.
And, finally, the staff is very helpful and the lobby area is beautiful.
All in all will definitely stay there again when in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Royal Sun Hotel Tucson
- Best Western Plus Royal Sun Hotel
- Best Western Tucson
- Tucson Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at this full-service, Eco-Friendly Tucson, Arizona hotel located close to the University of Arizona, the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum and the Old Tucson Studios. Enjoy complimentary COOK-TO-ORDER breakfast each morning at the restaurant & 2-FOR-1 Drinks at Lounge each evening. The newly renovated Green Certified BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, located near Interstates 10 and 19 in Tucson, Arizona. We offer convenient access to many key area attractions including college Campuses, 3 Malls, three-Golf Courses and the Tucson International Airport. Enjoy spaciously-appointed guest rooms and suites, including hot tub suites, each complete with wired and wireless high-speed Internet access and 32' LCD HD TV with HBO® and DVD player. This full-service hotel also features a newly renovated outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, fitness center, business services and meeting facilities. Pets are welcome for a small fee. Guests staying at this Arizona hotel will enjoy being close to the San Xavier Mission, the Sabino Canyon, the Biosphere 2 and the Tubac Artists Colony. Just a short drive away, guests can find the Saguaro National Park, the Kartchner Caverns State Park, historic Tombstone and historic Bisbee. For superior customer service and a convenient location in Tucson, Arizona make a reservation today at the BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Best Western, Olotels, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Royal Sun Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.