“Could be the FIRST "stress free" wedding in history!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Could be the FIRST "stress free" wedding in history!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

I would like to start out by saying that the customer service is hands down excellent. I was in charge of planning my sister's graduation/wedding and had plenty of family (hispanic, so you know there are plenty) coming from out of town. I was blessed to find this amazing hotel that not only went above and beyond to make my sister's day special. The suites were comfortable,the food was delicious,the bar with loads of fun! The entire staff made our weekend stay enjoyable. The teenagers loved the heated pool. Wedding day...could not have been better. This could go down as the first stress free wedding in history! My sister,(the bride) was at church on time, early to be exact. We had to wait on the priest. Words can not express the gratitude I have for making my sister's day magical and having family together was such a blessing. I highly recommend this hotel with their 5 star customer service and 5 star everything! Oh, and by the way, the jacuzzi was a blast! Thank you again for all your accomidations to our large party.

• Stayed November 2012
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Thank you for taking time in writing this positive review on TripAdvisor!
I cannot express my gratitude in words for the business you have given us and for such kind words about your experience.

I feel fortunate to have had an opportunity to help you with your wedding event. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our staff as your outstanding experience is a result of their hard work & care for our guests.

Thank you for recommending us! We hope to see you again in future. . .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Frankly, I stayed here 4 years ago and was deeply disappointed; everything was so old and worn, the carpets were filthy, and poorly air conditioned. I swore that I would never stay here again. But, after a noisy night at my current motel in Tucson, I started looking around and read some excellent reviews on the Royal Sun indicating that it had gone through some major renovations. Turned out to be a good decision. The rooms were newly decorated, had that fresh feeling, new appliances and fixtures, and nice and quiet. Only issue I had was that the room I was assigned had a shower, and I needed a bathtub for my young son. Sabrina understood how important this was for my son, and without hesitation kindly upgraded me to another room with a bathtub. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Use you Best Western MasterCard and don't forget to ask for your AAA discount.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time in writing this review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am very happy to hear that you gave us another opportunity to serve you & you had an excellent stay. I am also pleased to hear that you liked & enjoyed all the amenities and improvements we have made in last 2 years. Hard work of our entire team is the reason we are able to consistently create enjoyable stays for all our guests. I will be sure to share your comments with them.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you next visit to Tucson!
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

If you’re looking for great value, clean and renovated rooms without the "extras" of an expensive Hilton, Dbl Tree, etc, this is the place to stay. Nice and pleasant staff. The hotel has nicely appointed modern, and clean rooms. "Free" breakfast has a good selection. The hotel's outside appearance is one of the early 1960s; although the staff does a great job in maintaining the facility, there are no glittery bells-whistles (does have free Wi-Fi). Just off Speedway Blvd; 3-minutes from I-10 and 4-5 minutes to the university. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for your detailed positive review posted on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for comparing us with Hilton & Double tree type of hotels that are much superior than us; it is the best compliment we can ever receive.

My team & i work very hard to provide clean & comfortable rooms along with superior guest service to all our guests. Kind words like your is what drives us in constantly working hard for creating unforgettable experiences for our guests. Our team members will be acknowledged for their “excellent” service & hard work.

Thank you for taking time in writing about your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Tucson!
Windham, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel is nothing fancy, but you cannot beat the price for what you get. Free parking, free wireless Internet access, free breakfast, what a deal! We switched to this hotel after being at the Embassy Suites for a couple of days since our flight home was canceled and it was only one third the price! The hotel is near the freeway and trains go blasting by often and it's not the best neighborhood, but we had no problems and everyone was friendly. Room was clean and they have a simple pool area with lots of chairs to lounge around and read or tan. The hotel is within easy walking distance to the downtown area so in the evening it is fun to wander around.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

We are also pleased to hear that you enjoyed all the amenities including our central location in Tucson, cooked to order breakfast at the restaurant, free wifi & our pool area.

Thank you for recommending us! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Tucson!
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This hotel was very clean, everyone was very kind. I called and asked for early check in and even they were completely booked, my reserved room was ready for me at 2pm. This hotel was the nicest on the whole street.

Room Tip: We stayed by the coy pond, it made it seem more private, resort like.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed positive review posted on TripAdvisor!
We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us. We appreciate the kind words & compliments & will share them with our team members.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

The best place to stay for a moderate price at a central location in Tucson.Less than 5 minutes to Downtown offices, the U of A and the freeway. Rooms are very clean, the staff is most attentive, You get 1 free (well) drink per person in the bar for each day you stay and the food in the bar/ restaurant is very good. Free, cooked to order hot breakfast gets your day going right!

Room Tip: Get a fist floor suite or room at the back of the property-less noisy and more private.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Our team members will be acknowledged for their “excellent” service.

We are also pleased you enjoyed our cooked to order breakfast at the restaurant & drinks at the lounge. It is probably the best complimentary cooked to order breakfast in Tucson. Our guests love it & the compliments are most gratifying to our entire team.

Vernon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed one night here with our dog. Very nice hotel, great staff. The mobility accessible room was large, clean, quiet and very comfortable. The shower did not have a handheld shower wand but the person at the front desk said they would be installing one very soon. I couldn't pull in under the sink as the front facing on the counter is too long by about 3 - 4 inches. So you must sit sideways when using the sink, not very convenient. The bed was about 6 or 7 inches higher than my wheelchair seat which is 22 inches so for anyone who, like me, needs the bed to be the same height as their wheelchair in order to transfer onto it, this is an issue.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time in writing a positive review on TripAdvisor! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Our team members will be acknowledged for their “excellent” service.

We appreciate your comments regarding newly renovated mobility accessible suite. I also appreciate your comments about improvements we can make to enhance our guests' experience in future. We will take your suggestions to heart & work on implementing them soon.

Thank you for staying with us, we truly appreciate the business! We look forward to welcoming you back on your future travels to Tucson!

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!