“Great place to stay if visiting u of a” 5 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #23 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great place to stay if visiting u of a”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

The hotel is fine but the staff is exceptional. Very convenient to U of A

• Stayed September 2011
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 5, 2011

My entire team & I are thrilled to hear about your great experience with us. Our guests' compliments drive us in consistently doing better & keep exceeding expectations.

We appreciate your comments very much & thank you for the business. We hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Arcadia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

This property is perfect for anyone attending a University of Arizona football game. Closed to the stadium and the university, and an easy drive in and out. Great rooms (suites) and service.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2011

Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Right off the bat... if they management worked just a little harder, this could be even a better place. I didn't like having to say "excuse me" EVERY single time I made a trip from room-to-car with luggage to get the maids (waiting to start work) out of my way. I also didn't need them smoking there either.

The parking here can be a little strange, but all in all, I liked the motel. It's got a very mid-1960's feel to it, and I personally like that sort of thing. The room itself was modern enough, and clean enough. The rate wasn't too bad either, and it was handy being right in town. Some warned me about being in this area, but I neither felt uncomfortable or worried during my stay. (Then again, I'm from Detroit, so not many towns worry me.) I'd say yes, this is an OK place to stay. If you had little kids, the pool might keep them entertained, but I wouldn't let them run around unsupervised.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I will bring your concerns to our housekeeping team's attention & will make sure that we will work on avoiding this from happening in future.

Phoenix, Arizona
1,019 helpful votes 1,019 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

Wonderful staff checking me in.

Good room with all the basics at the high end Best Western Plus brand.

All was good until about 2 am when the party started next door and the police arrived to chat with them about an hour later. I did not call them but I guess they ticked someone off bad enought to ring the boys in blue.

I could not get back to sleep so I missed the free breakfast :(

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking time in submitting a review regarding your recent stay. I deeply apologize for the disturbance at night & for missing you free Cook-To-Order breakfast at our restaurant. I encourage you to call the hotel front desk as soon as you encounter any type of disturbance as we are here to help our guests & ensure great experience. This way we can resolve the issue right away.

We thank you for the business & hope to see you in future. . .
Las Cruces, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at many Best Western hotels as we are Platinum Reward Members. This is the first time, however, that we were upgraded to a suite from a regular room. Apparently, their policy at this particular Best Western Plus is such that if they have availability, they will automatically upgrade you to a suite at no extra charge. A very nice gesture to show their appreciation for you as a guest. They also serve their complimentary breakfast next door in an actual restaurant setting - again, a very nice touch. Kudos to the management (particularly Neil) for going out of your way to make your guests feel special and welcome! We'll be back the next time we visit Arizona.

Room Tip: Again, inquire about the automatic upgrade to a suite (dependent upon availability) at no extra chg.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2011

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

Wasn't sure what to expect but had read the great reviews, hotel was also near downtown and the Fox Theatre where i was scheduled for an event. Room was great, updated, had a nice suite with a comfortable front room, bath separation in the middle and bedroom in the back. Enjoyed the room and it was exceptionally clean. Only issue was that the ceiling seemed thin, could hear every footstep above and the shower and bath use at 4 am woke one up. Next time will go for a second floor room. Otherwise room was an outstanding value and service good.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time to submit this review regarding your recent stay at our property. My team & I are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.

My entire team & I work hard to provide clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service. It is very gratifying to all of us to hear compliments from our guests. Thank you for your kind words & pictures, as it makes us work harder to consistently do better - everyday.

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We were on a road trip through Arizona and to our good fortune came across this hotel and originally had booked in for 1 night but extended it for to 2 nights. The hotel is staffed by very helpful, courteous, professional and accommodating people. From the time we checked in to the time of check out our experience was faultless and very pleasant. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to recommend to family, friends and readers of this site this hotel. The standard of accommodation is excellent. The rooms are clean, tidy, nicely decorated and very comfortable. Absolutely superb!!!! Thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time in giving us your valuable feedback. We appreciate your kind comments and want you to know that we will continue to do our very best to maintain and provide the best service possible.
I am glad to hear from many guests about how our recent improvements such as new Posturepefic pillow top beds, flat screen TVs & renovated exercise room has exceeded their expectations.
Thank you for our business and we all look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!