“Amazing staff and hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #21 of 127 Hotels in Tucson
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Amazing staff and hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011 via mobile

Great staff and accomodations! We went for orientation for college and the staff were so helpful in directing us and helping us gather info regarding the college, etc. Our room was very comfortable and we enjoyed our evenings at the pool. It was so convenient to have the restaurant on the hotel property and they give a discount for the guests! I'll be going back to this hotel everytime I visit my daughter! Thanks for everything!!!

• Stayed June 2011
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you for taking time to submit this review regarding your recent stay at our property. My team & I are happy to hear that you had a great stay with us.

I am excited to know that the recent improvements such as 32' LCD TVs & new PosturePedic Pillow Top mattresses as well as new Complimentary Guest Breakfast menu with 8 options including waffles & healthy choices) enhanced your experience at our hotel. Positive comments from our guests is what drives us to consistently do better in providing clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service.

We appreciate your comments very much & thank you for the business. We hope to see you soon.
Hotel Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Epsom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

We stayed at this motel for 1 night in June on our way through Tucson.

It is close to and easy to find from the Interstate.

The lady on reception was friendly and helpful and as a nice touch phoned us after we’d been in our room for about 30 minutes to check that everything was OK, which it was.

The room was a typically large American motel room, the like of which you don’t see often in Europe but it was also well furnished for a motel.

Although it is only a motel, they have taken the trouble the lay the grounds out well with some pleasing water features, lawns and trees.

Next to the motel is a bar and restaurant. They provided local draft beers, which included a 2 for 1 offer making it the cheapest beer we had in 3 weeks in the area. The service was also good.

The food was good in an unpretentious way. Typical steaks, burgers and ribs but very tasty and good value for money.

The cooked breakfast, which is included in the room rate, was less successful. They appeared short-staffed and consequently tables weren’t cleared quickly and the wait for food was longer than I would expect for breakfast.

The checkout was as friendly and helpful as the check-in. We were going to the West Saguaro NP and the reception provided us with a pre-printed set of directions.

If you are passing through Tucson and need a motel I would definitely recommend this one.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

We have recently re-designed our breakfast menu featuring 8 options to choose from including new healthy choices. We will speak to our restaurant team & ensure proper staffing during breakfast hours to help improve guest experience by offering outstanding service along with great food.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

I have been staying at the Best Western Royal Sun on business travel for several years now. I switched from Farfield Inn, by Marriott properties. One might be concerned about quality in changing from Marriott properties to Best Western. However, I have never been disappointed. Although this is an older property it is maintained as though it is new. The entire team from the General Manager down to the grounds keeper all take great pride in the facility and pay GREAT attention to guest satisfaction. Speaking of the staff. Over several years I have seen no turn over in staff. That speaks volumes for the leadership at this great hotel. (If you are a frequent traveler you already know staff turnover is often high in the lodging industry.)

Best Western Royal Sun has a very clean pool and spa area. They also provide a workout area and vending area. They have several "mini-suites" and "full-suites." The full suites have a front room with a hide a bed couch, chair, coffee table, entertainment center with flat screen TV and a phone. The back room has either two queens or one king bed and a work desk area with speaker phone and wired or wireless internet along with another flat screen TV. All areas of the property are covered by the wireless connection including the pool and spa area. This property has an on site retaurant with a cantina. The breakfast is a choice of five different breakfasts off the menu. Not old, cold, stale rolls and bad fruit. What a refreshing change...at no additional cost.

All rooms also have a hair dryer, Mini-Fridge, and a lit make up mirror. Additionally, many of the rooms connect if you have a large group. I find it an additional value that not only can you get two rooms that connect but several in a row. This allows for movement between several rooms for a large group without having to go outside.

The houskeeping staff is provided a list of inbound guests daily. They always turn the air down in the rooms and have them very cool for your arrival. A great service for sunny, hot Arizona. If you are a Best Western Rewards member there is always an additional treat in the room based on your award level.

The ONLY drawback I see is no microwave in the rooms. However, there is one in the lobby along with a computer and printer for guest use. The lack of the microwave is easily overcome by all the other outstanding features.

Thank you for the great rooms.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

We truly appreciate the business & we are thrilled to know that you love to stay with us every time you are in Tucson. Positive comments from our guests is what drives us to consistently do better in providing clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Had made this reservation weeks in advance and at last minute had to change occupancy and room type due to a family emergency. I am so thankful that Angela was working the front desk that night. She is for sure a definition of the Best Western Brand! She was able to get the rooms switched and check-in was a breeze (she even provided us with directions to our destination!).
The breakfast at the hotel also exceeded my expectations as I thought it would be all cold items (continental breakfast), but it was a Full HOT cook-to-order breakfast with some good choices and of course, best of all, it was complimentary! You are limited to some choices but they are filling.
Our room was surprisingly very clean and updated.. From the pictures that I had seen online, I expected what I saw and once again was surprised. They have updated their furnishings, have flat screen TVs and DVD players in the room with upgraded amenities.
I had also read that the area at night was kinda sketchy, but I did not notice anything bad or unsafe both nights that we stayed there and we got in late one night and ventured out another. Won't say its in the best part of town, but for sure not the worst.
I would recommend this hotel and would for sure stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
AZbwroyalsun, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 14, 2011

I will let Angela know of your compliments & kind words. Positive comments from our guests is what drives us to consistently do better in providing clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service.

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

At the end of May, I brought a group of 12 biology students to Tucson for my annual course "Dyanmics of the Sonoran Desert Ecosystem." We stayed at the Royal Sun and couldn't have asked for a more perfect location (both to the Sonoran Desert and to downtown Tucson). The staff was extraordinarily helpful and made our stay there a genuine pleasure. Rooms were immaculate, the pool sparkling clean, breakfast was delicious, and the tavern gave us some time to unwind after a long day in the field.

Kudos to Neil Shah and his staff for making our field experience a treat. I intend to bring another group down next year and, of course, we'll stay at the Royal Sun!

Dr. Gregory McArthur
Professor of Biology
Metropolitan State College of Denver

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

It was our pleasure to host you group. Positive comments from our guests is what drives us to consistently do better in providing clean & comfortable rooms along with superior customer service.

We appreciate your comments very much & thank you for the business. We will see you next year.
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I get sick of "hiltons".. Being able to relax in clean enviro, OK food is lame but suits me..Can't go wong here. If u expect more then u've lost it. There is a basic gym, free brekky, a pool, a balcony ( food.. yeah ok not great) but u eat and there is a bar and a great atmosphere. Tuscon is is not an out there place and if u are here it's not for fun , right!. Some good thigs to see locally if u try.. I'd stay here again... Trains are noisy,, http://www.bwroyalsun.com/

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011 via mobile

Front desk staff & manager give top rate personalized service! Restaurant staff very friendly too.
Great value

• Stayed June 2011

Hotel Management

Been to BEST WESTERN Royal Sun Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!