“One with character” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Guadiaro, Spain
“One with character”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is so different to the modern day high rise groups and was a great surprise. From the valet who helped with luggage to the reception check in and check out, the service was excellent. The style of buildings and the perfectly kept gardens were superb and our room was certainly large enough to stay for long periods of time. The foresight of the original owner when the place was built was so advanced for its time that even today the structure and condition puts other places to shame. This is certainly a hotel to recommend when in Tucson. A little disappointed with the dining room and patio restaurant food which is why it does not get a five star rating.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Astoria oregon
1,115 reviews 1,115 reviews
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Wonderful place to visit. Sit back and relax with drinks at poolside one can enjoy the ambiance, the view and the impeccable service of the caring and helpful staff. This is a wonderful choice. We had a great time and look forward to returning.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We just returned from a week stay at the Arizona Inn and all I can say is Perfection'. Just the grounds alone to stroll and be carefree is one to experience. From all the different flowering gardens, the fragrance and the greenery is one you will never see or get at a hotel. The Inn is quaint and charming….each room is so cozy. We stayed in 246 (very close to the main entrance) which had lots of light and many windows, a fireplace, 2 entrances, and 2 patios. The bathroom was well lit, and very large and clean. The staff was always polite, accommodating, and greeted you with a smile. Loved the pool area. The food was fabulous, whether it was breakfast, lunch,or dinner, and prices I thought were good too. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Room 246 very quiet, private, and accessible to front of hotel. Will always request
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I review a lot of hotels, and am especially loyal to the Kimpton brand, but, when in Tucson, the Arizona Inn is the ONLY place to stay. In fact, it's my favorite hotel in the world. While in graduate school, I used to hang out in the fantastic library until the wee hours, buying drinks when I could afford them. Now, I pay that generosity back by staying at the Inn each time I'm in Tucson (which isn't nearly often enough). The Arizona Inn is a historic property like none other, and when you walk through the front doors, or stroll the beautiful grounds, it's like you're stepping back in time. Built in the early 1930s, no two rooms are alike. Many have fireplaces and outdoor patios, but every room is unique and enjoyable. Most rooms are incredibly private, which is a big plus for me. Each morning you are greeted with the Times and WS Journal and the turndown service is lovely. This time we were in room 404, which is my favorite to date. The Inn can be a bit pricy, but trust me, it's worth every penny. Don't miss the ice cream social by the pool, where the weather usually begs you to take a dip!

Room Tip: Each room is unique, but ask for one that's private with an outdoor patio
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This was our first stay at the AI and it will not be our last. We were traveling through town with the kids and enjoyed a wonderful evening here. The staff was very pleasant, helpful and welcoming. I would recommend the AI to anyone looking for more than 4 walls and a roof. It certainly helps that the weather was wonderful during our overnight and we enjoyed a few hours on the outdoor patio having breakfast before our departure.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and went to Arizona to visit our son who's attending University of Arizona. Since he also works at the Arizona Inn we decided to stay there and make sure he was doing a good job! We made two days feel like two weeks! Our room had a wonderful balcony with a view of the croquet area. The temperature was perfect for sipping margaritas and watching quail, rabbits, butterflies, hummingbirds and people cross the grounds. We took advantage of the bikes they supply and road to the University to an American Indian Art Festival. The energy was electric! So many interesting people on the campus and at the festival! Back at the inn we played ping pond, used the exercise room and sipped tea, then drank more margaritas! What an oasis with a politically charged history of the rich and famous! Hopefully Nico will continue working at the Arizona Inn until he graduates. It will give us an excuse to visit him and enjoy the Arizon Inn.

Room Tip: Really a world apart!
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Tucson for dinner and an overnight getaway. I have been staying at the Arizona Inn on and off for over twenty years, and have always enjoyed the elegant yet relaxed ambiance with a heavy undertone of fun (croquet, ping pong, badminton, tennis, pool, library, etc.) beautiful grounds, and impeccable service. This stay was no different, although this is the one time I was mildly disappointed with my suite. It overlooked the alley behind the hotel, which was unsightly and somewhat noisy. This was remedied by closing the blinds on that side and sitting on the shared patio overlooking the pool. 201 is also a "Jack and Jill" type set up with the bathroom connecting the bedroom and living room. If someone is using the bath you need to go outside, down the stairs and up the other side to access the other room. Or simply intrude. Next time I'll ask for a regular room and be happier. I would also recommend eating off site. The restaurant is suffering from geezeritis, and I'll review it separately, but I did drop a star because I like to be able to enjoy my meals on site. The good news is that a patio seating is pretty much guaranteed after 7:00. Overall this is a relaxing, private, unexpected piece of heaven in the very center of town that soothes and refreshes the spirit without breaking the bank. In spite of the shortcomings, it remains one of my favorite places. Just avoid 201.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Arizona Inn? Share your experiences!