“Arizona Inn - one of the finest” 5 of 5 stars

Arizona Inn
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2200 E Elm Street, Tucson, AZ 85719   |
Ranked #8 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Lakewood, Colorado
“Arizona Inn - one of the finest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

In Tucson to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. She went to school at U. of A. and visited the Inn a number of times but this was my first stay. We had a suite that was outstanding. When I walked in I thought I was in someone's apartment. A good size TV/living room, an office with fridge and then the large bedroom. Bath area also very large and accommodating. Hotel amenities were great, staff excellent, and pool area exceptional. All made for a wonderful birthday stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I normally stay at Loew's Ventana when I come to Tucson, but this time I stayed at the Arizona Inn. It was a real bargain at $99 per night. I had a standard room which was upstairs. I asked the front desk what the difference was between the standard and premium rooms, and I was told that the standard room was upstairs but there was no difference in the size of the room. The bathroom was small but contained everything I needed and it was spotless with marble and subway tile.

I ate dinner in the bar when I arrived. I had a delicious quesadilla. It was huge. I did not eat in the dining room during my stay, but it was lovely.

I went to the pool each day. I love this pool! The temperature was warm, like a bath. It was perfect for me. Most hotel pools tend to be on the chilly side, but this was perfect.
The grounds are gorgeous as are the pink stucco'd buildings. People were playing croquet. It was like a scene from the 1930's. I truly loved my stay here. It couldn't have been better!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

As we arrived in Tuscon we quickly looked for a place with wifi to search for a decent hotel. The Arizona Inn had good reviews so we decided to have a look.
We were astonished how beautiful this hotel is. The prices are decent ($109 + tax for a room with two queen size beds). They have a well equiped fitness room and a great pool which we enjoyed after a hot day. We can only recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

very convinient very central, a must stay in tucson it does not get any better. we recommend this fantastic place 100 % this hotel is a dream come thru,better than anything else in tucson. prices are ok food is very good, what else is there to say???

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was the absolute best place we have stayed in our many travels. It was relaxing and classy in so many ways. The staff was excellent especially our maid Lucy who was really helpful and sweet. There was maid service twice a day which included turn down service. The highlight each evening was the ice cream service by the pool. The whole atmosphere of the Arizona Inn made you fee really special. Thanks to all of the great folks there who made our stay so great! We spent 2 weeks there so we could really see the consistency over time!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had a very large upgraded room, comfortable bed, well-appointed bathroom - especially appreciated the grab bars in the shower/tub. Room was very clean and quiet. I had 2 late meals at the bar - very good service - and could have also eaten outside as the evenings were "cool" - for Tucson in the summer. Although I lived in Tucson for 22 years, I had never stayed at the Inn. They have obviously upgraded everything. Front desk staff, bellhop, etc. were all pleasant and accommodating.

Room Tip: The rates are very low in the summer - before the students return to the University or Arizona in Au...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Still family-owned, and it shows in every eloquently-executed inn detail. My room felt like a grand suite in someone's traditional home, which didn't take much imagination as it is located in a quiet, residential neighborhood. I relaxed immediately upon arrival. A superior, cordial, staff from groundskeepers to front desk to HR office (where we "guest kitty" wandered into the office, then was taken to her filled-food bowl outside the door.) Perfect pool; we were served cold water within seconds of putting our items on a poolside chair. Convenient poolside bar & the complimentary evening ice cream sundaes in the evening. Relax and read the inn history book...I wondered which Golden Age film stars stayed in our room. Just a few blocks from U of A campus, but it seemed far away from the hustle and bustle. Schedule did not permit me to dine, but I look forward to it next time. Like others, I did not want to leave. I hope to visit again in a few months and will make it a destination.

Room Tip: I cannot imagine a bad room at the Arizona Inn.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Arizona Inn? Share your experiences!