“Classy, historic inn” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Phoenix, Arizona
“Classy, historic inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I was happy that friends recommended this little gem because I don't think I would have stayed here otherwise. It's situated in a residential neighborhood not from down town Tucson. The common areas were furnished with both antiques and very nice quality reproduction furniture giving it a homey, comfy cozy feeling. The grounds were beautifully kept. The service in the bar and restaurant was outstanding. They served complimentary ice cream down by the pool which sadly we didn't get to take advantage of. Our room had a patio with chairs to sit outside which we took advantage of because it was shady and cool even though it was a bit toasty outside. Overall it was a wonderful stay. The ONLY draw back that I found was that the a/c in our room wasn't great. It would get freezing cold and then toasty warm and then freezing cold and then toasty warm which made it a bit difficult to sleep. Not sure if it was just our room or if all rooms are like that but I'd certainly inquire next time before being assigned a room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Even though the temp topped 110 degrees, I'd go there again in Summer to experience the amazing customer focused experience. My husband and I had dinner in the main dining hall and we highly recommend the Chef's Wine Pairing Dinner. It was amazing!

The rooms are big and exceptionally clean. There is turn down service each night with fresh towels and chocolate on the bed. All staff members make certain that you have cold bottled water at each turn.

We were there for a friends wedding and it was a beautiful. Again, service was impeccable. My husband and I plan to go back to Tucson simply to stay at this hotel. Of course we'll go when the weather is cooler so we can play some golf. Great place to get a way and relax.

Room Tip: If you are going with friends, Recommend room 149 and 150. They share a very large patio and the lo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Onancock, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Arizona Inn is a gem, nestled in a quaint neighborhood in Tucson. My stay was far too short, and I'll absolutely return! Service is outstanding, the staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. My sister, savvy traveler that she is, found an upgrade offer right here on TripAdvisor, and this provided us with a lovely, private room with a spacious, shaded patio. Bar service was excellent, I loved the piano player's rendition of "I Left My Heart In San Francisco", despite the fact that we headed out shortly to an outstanding country music gig! There is a "make your own sundae" bar each evening by the pool that we unfortunately missed due to time constraints, and bicycles were available on loan to guests. My favorite part of the ambiance was the huge library lined with books, many of which were lovely antiques. Our room held a shelf of books as well, and I found several that nearly kept me there, nestled on that patio! Breakfast the next morning was a bit slow in arriving, but excellent, a beautiful, large,fresh fruit bowl accompanied my perfectly executed eggs and local sausage. The only downside, the lobby coffee was long gone far before 9am, and our room was a bit small. Otherwise, this is a lovely piece of Tucson history with sleep-over privileges!

Room Tip: I understood at check-in that the staff attempts to upgrade at check-in when availability permits...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Benton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Perfection! From the fresh flowers in my suite, to the turndown service every night...I felt like I had a personal Valet, but without being invasive to my privacy. Formal but not stuffy. Tops anyplace I have ever been for comfort, attention to detail, privacy and quiet. I love the ice cream social at the pool every night, though I prefer their High Tea in the winter months. The gardens and grounds are impeccable. The food, perfection. Quaint and charming in every way.

Room Tip: I had a suite with a private gated patio out back. There are no bad or undesirable rooms here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Beautiful grounds and old Southwestern style. Romantic and very restful. Restaurant is fantastic! Beautifully appointed and maintained main building, halls, high ceilings, restaurant. Always love staying or eating here.

• Stayed May 2013
Sherborn, Ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Arizona Inn has so much the resorts don't, like history, ice cream by the pool and impeccable service. Not to mention the lovely lavender soap in the bathroom. I've never been disappointed staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have visited the Inn many times over the years. It is a 1930's hotel frequented by the rich and famous, but is much more than that. We have had a family photo shoot there on the amazingly beautiful grounds, easter and special occasion meals and most recently a visit to just check it out and have a beer at the bar while I waited for my wife visiting friends at the nearby University Medical Center. Located on Elm, just off of Campbell, it is not on a major street and one story so does not tower over the neighborhood. To be at the Inn is to step back in time when detail was important and peace and quiet honored, thus the huge library to sit back and relax with a good read. If you appreciate the past, and enjoy a truly first class stay, this is the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple