“Best Hotel/Inn/Resort Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Costa Mesa, California
“Best Hotel/Inn/Resort Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Even though the temp topped 110 degrees, I'd go there again in Summer to experience the amazing customer focused experience. My husband and I had dinner in the main dining hall and we highly recommend the Chef's Wine Pairing Dinner. It was amazing!

The rooms are big and exceptionally clean. There is turn down service each night with fresh towels and chocolate on the bed. All staff members make certain that you have cold bottled water at each turn.

We were there for a friends wedding and it was a beautiful. Again, service was impeccable. My husband and I plan to go back to Tucson simply to stay at this hotel. Of course we'll go when the weather is cooler so we can play some golf. Great place to get a way and relax.

Room Tip: If you are going with friends, Recommend room 149 and 150. They share a very large patio and the lo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Onancock, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The Arizona Inn is a gem, nestled in a quaint neighborhood in Tucson. My stay was far too short, and I'll absolutely return! Service is outstanding, the staff is friendly, knowledgeable, and professional. My sister, savvy traveler that she is, found an upgrade offer right here on TripAdvisor, and this provided us with a lovely, private room with a spacious, shaded patio. Bar service was excellent, I loved the piano player's rendition of "I Left My Heart In San Francisco", despite the fact that we headed out shortly to an outstanding country music gig! There is a "make your own sundae" bar each evening by the pool that we unfortunately missed due to time constraints, and bicycles were available on loan to guests. My favorite part of the ambiance was the huge library lined with books, many of which were lovely antiques. Our room held a shelf of books as well, and I found several that nearly kept me there, nestled on that patio! Breakfast the next morning was a bit slow in arriving, but excellent, a beautiful, large,fresh fruit bowl accompanied my perfectly executed eggs and local sausage. The only downside, the lobby coffee was long gone far before 9am, and our room was a bit small. Otherwise, this is a lovely piece of Tucson history with sleep-over privileges!

Room Tip: I understood at check-in that the staff attempts to upgrade at check-in when availability permits...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Benton, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Perfection! From the fresh flowers in my suite, to the turndown service every night...I felt like I had a personal Valet, but without being invasive to my privacy. Formal but not stuffy. Tops anyplace I have ever been for comfort, attention to detail, privacy and quiet. I love the ice cream social at the pool every night, though I prefer their High Tea in the winter months. The gardens and grounds are impeccable. The food, perfection. Quaint and charming in every way.

Room Tip: I had a suite with a private gated patio out back. There are no bad or undesirable rooms here.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful grounds and old Southwestern style. Romantic and very restful. Restaurant is fantastic! Beautifully appointed and maintained main building, halls, high ceilings, restaurant. Always love staying or eating here.

• Stayed May 2013
Sherborn, Ma.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Arizona Inn has so much the resorts don't, like history, ice cream by the pool and impeccable service. Not to mention the lovely lavender soap in the bathroom. I've never been disappointed staying there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We have visited the Inn many times over the years. It is a 1930's hotel frequented by the rich and famous, but is much more than that. We have had a family photo shoot there on the amazingly beautiful grounds, easter and special occasion meals and most recently a visit to just check it out and have a beer at the bar while I waited for my wife visiting friends at the nearby University Medical Center. Located on Elm, just off of Campbell, it is not on a major street and one story so does not tower over the neighborhood. To be at the Inn is to step back in time when detail was important and peace and quiet honored, thus the huge library to sit back and relax with a good read. If you appreciate the past, and enjoy a truly first class stay, this is the place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Yes, it's expensive, and it's worth it if you value the feeling of being at a real oasis in Tucson filled with history and hospitality. The grounds are immaculate (it's easier if you don't think about how much water it takes to keep it that way - eeek! Maybe some of the grassy areas could be xeriscaped without sacrificing all of the grass? Just a thought) and lovely. The pool area is just gorgeous (don't miss the sauna if you are there in the winter months) - had a superb Cobb salad there for lunch. The main dining room is beautifully proportioned, so it's both large and intimate, and the food is very good. Our superior room was charming, with a tall four poster bed and marble topped end tables. We enjoyed watching several of the classic DVD's (ask at the desk) featuring famous stars who stayed at the resort in years gone by. While the bathroom was tiny, it's functionality was saved by a huge medicine chest which was mirrored front, interior, and on the back of the door, and which enabled us to get ready in the absence of a counter-top. The bed was pleasantly firm but could benefit from a memory foam topper. Loved the sundae bar although we only indulged in it one night. Staff were very professional (without being stuffy) and helpful. We managed to forget our electric toothbrush and we were promptly brought two manual toothbrushes for our use. So many nice touches, like the fresh flower in the bathroom, the Starbucks coffee, the turndown service with chocolate. It was just great and we would stay there again in a heartbeat! Only wish our trip had been longer! Had an early dinner in the bar, enjoyed the pianist playing the classics. Charming!

Room Tip: Room 128 was spacious and charming, and we only heard noise from an adjoining room once. First night...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Arizona Inn? Share your experiences!