“Elegant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Sedona, Arizona
“Elegant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

The best part of this resort is how it transports you into the past. Unlike many older resorts, it is extremely well maintained and retains all the class it had from the beginning. Older historical resorts such as this may not appeal to everyone, but we found it captivating and unique.

The interior furnishings are high quality period pieces and the rooms are large and comfy. There are several activities available on the premises - we enjoyed using the clay tennis courts, which are rare in the desert.

The downside is that it's a resort, so you have the inflated prices for food and drink. The food we had was fine, not great, so if we were staying longer we would probably venture out periodically to find more variety. The resort is very close to the University of Arizona, so there are other dining options in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I recently returned from a business trip and stayed at the Arizona Inn. The facilities were great, the staff was very attentive to some pressing requests I had for work, and my group enjoyed a great meal in the hotel's restaurant. I've stayed at the Arizona Inn before for pleasure and it's a great place for a relaxing personal stay (lunch at poolside can't be beat) or an important business function. I give it my highest rating and look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2011

I am staying at the Arizona Inn as we speak and was very concerned when I read the other trip reports particularly because we were traveling from Australia. To my surprise this place is old world but very good the rooms are large and the service superb. The pool is a haven in the heat and pool staff are very accommodating. This is true old fashioned service which most people appreciate.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011 via mobile

We received the best service from the bellman greeting us as we drove in to the turn down service at night! The 4 star restaurant was outstanding! Our room was so clean and comfortable. We look forward to our stay in November!

• Stayed August 2011
Gainesville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The first time I stayed here, my bathroom had small black ants and I was moved to another room. The second room was fine but very far away from the lobby. About 2 weeks later, i returned. In the first room, the closet ceiling was sagging with water, full of black mold and the carpet was soaked. Due to the hour, I spent the night and was bitten in bed by some insect (I did not see it). The next day I was moved to another room. This one also had small black ants in the bathroom. They need a great deal of maintenance and repair on their rooms. Of the 4 rooms I was in, 2 had rust come out of the shower when initially turned on so they may not have been in recent use. On the plus side, the outside grounds are beautiful and well maintained, the food was well prepared and the staff very accommodating. However, I do not wish to return to this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our company planned a conference here that included catering and several nights at the hotel. Not only were the rooms old, disappointing and had bugs in the bathroom, but the customer service was unbelievable. The catering manager built in extra charges and would not work with our company to explain why they were there. He was so rude we cancelled another meeting we had planned for October. We will never return to this hotel. I will take a Marriott, Ritz or Hilton any day over this old and outdated joint.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Service is above and beyond, food exquisite, grounds and services amazing

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Arizona Inn? Share your experiences!