“Beyond Perfect !!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Dove Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tucson
Desert Dove Bed and Breakfast
11707 E. Old Spanish Trail, Tucson, AZ 85730   |
Ranked #19 of 53 Tucson B&B and Inns
“Beyond Perfect !!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

Our stay with Harvey and Betty at Desert Dove in Tucson was amazing.

This Adobe home with a spacious porch and desert garden was the perfect place to enjoy a cup of tea before breakfast each morning. Harvey has many bird feeders and so you are never alone in the back garden. Hummingbirds, roadrunners, thrashers, morndove and cardinals are just a few of the birds that would visit each morning. Bring your binoculars and camera out with you.

The inside has been decorated with beautiful antiques that they have been collecting for years. Harvey's collection of toys is fabulous. His antique cars are also amazing.

A fire in the 1927 Home Comfort wood burning cook stove welcomed you to the breakfast table each morning. We got to enjoy different entrees such as Southwest Frittata, Blueberry Baked French toast and muffins or scones with hot tea or coffee . Betty and her daughter have put together a beautiful recipe book that she has for sale. It makes for a great little gift to take home for friends.

We got a lot of help from them when planning our day outings - such as what museums and restaurants to visit and the best hiking trails in the area

Thank you for making our time in Tucson so very special.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

49 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

My wife and I took our babymoon to Tucson and stayed here for two nights in the Antique Rose room. Betty and Harvey were extremely welcoming and helpful, and their house was very clean and tastefully decorated with all sorts of antiques. The place is on about 4 acres in a neighborhood of similar lot sizes. The back garden is lovely, and we saw quail on the grounds. Breakfast was delicious, and we enjoyed getting to know the other guests over the meal. The bed was comfortable, if a little too soft for our taste. The place is very close to the eastern part of Saguaro National Park. One slight drawback was that the shower only accommodates one person, and the bathroom was a bit small. Also, there was nowhere we could sit together in the room except on the bed. Still, overall we highly recommend Desert Dove.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Circle, Montana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the Desert Dove B & B (along with my sister and her husband) and were absolutely delighted with our stay. Betty and Harvey made us feel like they were welcoming old friends. On the east side of Tucson and within walking distance of East Saguaro, this beautiful home with its wonderful patio and back yard is in an ideal location. There is a great collection of antiques and ask Harvey to show you his restored cars. If one is thinking of going to a B & B, this one is a sure bet!

Larry & Sandy B

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I spent 56 days and nights on the road this past summer and this is the bed and breakfast that sticks out in my mind the most. When I got there the owners were pleasant and friendly. They let me choose the room I wanted to stay in because I was the only guest there, even though I had choosen a room at reservation. They made great reccomendations for local restaurants and provided me with brochures for area attractions. I was traveling alone and they sat and chatted with me every morning to keep me company. The food was excellent and provided me with the energy I needed to get through some long desert hikers. They are also in a great locations, right near the entrance for Saguaro National Park. You wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I were on a 5 week road trip doing mostly camping along the way with the occasional splurge. While in Tucson and on a whim we decided to try and find a B&B that would accomodate us on such short notice. What a gem we found when we were reffered to Desert Dove. Super friendly Inn Keepers (Betty & Harvey), comfortable room, use of the hot tub was a major bonus for us, seclusion and great breakfast! Thank you for becoming such a special part of our travels, Deset Dove! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

What a wonderful B&B, we can highly recommend, a comfy place to "get away" relax and do a little hiking in the Saquaro National Park. Very neat and clean....GREAT food and a wonderful collection of antiques. The garden and birds are a beautiful site in the A.M. Harvey and Betty are just delightful hosts!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Every time I visit Arizona, I remember why I keep coming back to this beautiful state. I have to admit: Desert Dove was my first Bed and Breakfast I've ever stayed with so they've set the standard for me. The house is beautiful and the location can't be beat. It's quiet and clean and the owners are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who visits Tucson - the price is right for the quality you receive in return. Thanks Betty and Harvey! :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Desert Dove Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!