“A superb desert delight!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desert Dove Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tucson
Desert Dove Bed and Breakfast
You added Desert Dove Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
11707 E. Old Spanish Trail, Tucson, AZ 85730   |
Ranked #24 of 52 Tucson B&B and Inns
Circle, Montana, United States
“A superb desert delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

My wife and I recently spent four nights at the Desert Dove B & B (along with my sister and her husband) and were absolutely delighted with our stay. Betty and Harvey made us feel like they were welcoming old friends. On the east side of Tucson and within walking distance of East Saguaro, this beautiful home with its wonderful patio and back yard is in an ideal location. There is a great collection of antiques and ask Harvey to show you his restored cars. If one is thinking of going to a B & B, this one is a sure bet!

Larry & Sandy B

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I spent 56 days and nights on the road this past summer and this is the bed and breakfast that sticks out in my mind the most. When I got there the owners were pleasant and friendly. They let me choose the room I wanted to stay in because I was the only guest there, even though I had choosen a room at reservation. They made great reccomendations for local restaurants and provided me with brochures for area attractions. I was traveling alone and they sat and chatted with me every morning to keep me company. The food was excellent and provided me with the energy I needed to get through some long desert hikers. They are also in a great locations, right near the entrance for Saguaro National Park. You wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I were on a 5 week road trip doing mostly camping along the way with the occasional splurge. While in Tucson and on a whim we decided to try and find a B&B that would accomodate us on such short notice. What a gem we found when we were reffered to Desert Dove. Super friendly Inn Keepers (Betty & Harvey), comfortable room, use of the hot tub was a major bonus for us, seclusion and great breakfast! Thank you for becoming such a special part of our travels, Deset Dove! Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

What a wonderful B&B, we can highly recommend, a comfy place to "get away" relax and do a little hiking in the Saquaro National Park. Very neat and clean....GREAT food and a wonderful collection of antiques. The garden and birds are a beautiful site in the A.M. Harvey and Betty are just delightful hosts!!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Every time I visit Arizona, I remember why I keep coming back to this beautiful state. I have to admit: Desert Dove was my first Bed and Breakfast I've ever stayed with so they've set the standard for me. The house is beautiful and the location can't be beat. It's quiet and clean and the owners are very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this B&B to anyone who visits Tucson - the price is right for the quality you receive in return. Thanks Betty and Harvey! :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Unfortunately we only had 2 nights at this first class B&B. Harvey and Betty Ross are so friendly, helpful and considerate. Breakfasts are delicious. Before breakfast, coffee is served and is wonderful wandering around their garden seeing many birds on the feeders. Their knowledge of the area is superb and their B&B so handy for the East Saguaro National Park. We would not hesitate in recommending this top rated B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Desert Dove is on the far east side of town and is a peaceful, relaxing place to stay. It is an adobe construction which kept the temperature very comfortable. We saw a coyote and lots of birds while sitting on the back porch swing. Betty and Harvey are great hosts and very helpful . The breakfast was plentiful and superb. This is the spot if you are seeking to get away from hustle and bustle. Would be great for cyclists as you are close to Saguaro National Park (east) and we saw large numbers of cyclists in the vicinity.

Room Tip: Only two rooms but both are lovely. Can't go wrong with either of them!